• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NXT TakeOver: The End [OT] My Only Friend, The End...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Demon better get Lesnared. Don't want to see Joe have to sell for that vanilla midget just cause they put some toppings on it.

bigkrev

I don't think Finn and Joe are still on the NXT roster after this show. I wouldn't even be surprised if Joe straight up vacates the NXT title to head to the main roster (Paige did this with the Women's NXT title).

That is something a Face can do, but why would a Heel be alright with a title he fought for to be taken away for no reason?

tumblr_o7rdi3IwO31u1ljrzo2_500.gif

tumblr_o7rdi3IwO31u1ljrzo1_500.gif

tumblr_o7rdi3IwO31u1ljrzo3_500.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
That is something a Face can do, but why would a Heel be alright with a title he fought for to be taken away for no reason?

Because he wants the SmackDown title or some shit, who knows? They can just make up basically any reason. NXT is kind of in one of their down periods. These just happen when you have a feeder system like this. They really need to establish new guys right now to build for the Brooklyn show because that show is likely to have 0 of the people who performed at the last Brooklyn show.

I want Joe wrecking fools on the main roster and fighting Lesnar...but I also want him wrecking fools in NXT as their heel champ.

Hopefully Lesnar doesn't decide to go back to MMA full-time, because I'd love to see him fight Joe at least once.

Like everyone else, I'm guessing that Finn is being called up and joining the Club...but it's going to be very weird to turn him into a major heel when he's been face the entire time in NXT. Either he pretends to be backup for Cena at one point, and then turns, or he does something heelish tomorrow night at Takeover.

A good way to turn him would be for Itami to reveal that Finn is the one who injured him, but it looks like Finn is leaving before Itami returns.

Balor vs Joe in a cage match? Sounds good to me.

Lucha had a cage match recently with Mundo vs. Cage that was insane. Chairshots to the face and people flying off the top of the cage. It was everything that used be good about the WWE before they went PG.

Them not doing chair shots to the face and head has jack shit to do with them being PG. They could be R-Rated and they still wouldn't do chair shots to the head. It's dangerous as hell and would just hurt them long-term when it comes to concussion lawsuits and image issues like the Benoit stuff.

Ithil

I don't think Finn and Joe are still on the NXT roster after this show. I wouldn't even be surprised if Joe straight up vacates the NXT title to head to the main roster (Paige did this with the Women's NXT title).

I also don't think Finn is going to join the Ammo Club. I'm guessing he's going to fight against them, not with them. They already did that angle with Styles and had him do a heel turn (which, despite Styles' popularity, was the right call).
The deal with Paige was that she was also the WWE Divas champion and (apparently) wasn't allowed to be both at once. Owens was on the main roster for a few months while still NXT champion.

Hex

Banned
I think "The End" will refer to the end of NXT being WWE's minor leagues and after this they will be a third touring unit

Ithil

The other picture I've seen shows his outline wearing his Mexican Males gear:

Yes, between the promo spots showing him from behind and that shadowed out matchup card, they seem to want to keep him hidden til his debut, which is curious given he's been on WWE.com when he was hired and been all over house shows, etc.

But hey, they're going for something, let em.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
And Cien Alma's stupid sexy face is supposed to be a secret

klonere

Banned
The only thing that can save the cage match from being completely underwhelming is blood. I want them to BLEED dammnit. And get like, 40 minutes or something ridiculous. Just please no typical modern WWE stip match shit.

miserable

The only thing that can save the cage match from being completely underwhelming is blood. I want them to BLEED dammnit. And get like, 40 minutes or something ridiculous. Just please no typical modern WWE stip match shit.

you wanna see the match stopped again while the doctors rush in the cage to stop the bleeding because PG DAMMIT?

Aiii

So not worth it
The best thing about NXT is how it looks to stuff like UFC and then does a segment like Joe and Balor's sit-down interview with Corey Graves and it's amazing and hype.

Much better than "stand-in-circle in-ring" or "line-up perfectly next to monitor" promo's from Raw, much more realistic, much more hype.

WWE cage matches are generally kind of lame due to the added stipulation of being able to win by escaping the cage, I mean I guess it's fine when it's a heel but the face shouldn't be trying to escape, it's a match set up for the face to give the heel their comeuppance without interference or the heel being able to leave the ring and run away. The heel trying to escape should be done to get heat but it's still kind of dumb for it to be a way to win. With Balor/Joe it's just a gimmick match for the sake of variety because it's the third Takeover in a row but their story has done nothing to support its use. On the bright side at least Joe hasn't been a chickenshit heel so I'll take it even if that would be one reason for there being a cage, I'm just sick of the chickenshit heel shtick Vince has driven into the ground, it might be the one thing worse than the on screen "authority figure" gimmick.

This might be the first NXT Takeover though that I'm not hyped about or maybe running neck and neck with Takeover: London.

Balor's losing and will join The Club at MITB costing Cena. Joe will probably continue as champion until TakeOver Brooklyn where he'll lose the title to Nakamura. Wouldn't be surprised if we then close out the year with TakeOver: Tokyo from Korakuen (as has been rumored) which will feature Nakamura vs. Itami for the title.

This sounds like fantasy booking. No way the first part of your post happens. I wish bro.

klonere

Banned
you wanna see the match stopped again while the doctors rush in the cage to stop the bleeding because PG DAMMIT?

The cage will be locked! No way out, no way in! Not even our own medical staff can save these animals tearing each other apart! The 4 Horsemen will be neutered, this time Dusty is going to win for sur-

Oh sorry I drifted off a bit there.

Tall4Life

Card doesn't look as good as Dallas but I'll still tune in. Nakamura/Aries and Joe/Balor are what I'm most interested in currently... AA/Revival will probably be very good too, but we've already seen this match before, most likely. I'll still watch the whole show because its fucking NXT, but there's only two matches I'm really interested to see.

thefro

Card doesn't look as good as Dallas but I'll still tune in. Nakamura/Aries and Joe/Balor are what I'm most interested in currently... AA/Revival will probably be very good too, but we've already seen this match before, most likely. I'll still watch the whole show because its fucking NXT, but there's only two matches I'm really interested to see.

Almas/Dillinger will a good showcase to introduce the former La Sombra.

Asuka had a good match with Eva Marie so she can carry Jax. That could be a better match than Corbin/Aries.

I agree that the card isn't quite as good in that we've seen Joe/Balor a bunch and AA/Revival have already wrestled.

I think Joe is referring to the cage keeping the doctors from Dallas out if there is blood again, but some are reading it as a tease for interference and a possible fuck finish in the main event. NXT has been very good about keeping title matches free of interference, and I'd hate to see them lose that.

Just not feeling Joe vs Balor. I mean I think Joe's great and I'm glad they put the title on him, but I'm still not that bothered about Balor. Plus this is there 3rd match now (4th if you count Lowell). I dunno, I hope they prove me wrong.

Fully expecting Nakamura and Aries to steal the show.

Rellik

I think Joe is referring to thr cage keeping the doctors from Dallas out if there is blood again, but some are reading it as a tease for interference and a possible fuck finish in the main event. NXT has been very good about keeping title matches free of interference, and I'd hate to see them lose that.

Just you wait and see. The moment there's blood, a doctor will be climbing that cage at record speed to wipe it off their face.

Just not feeling Joe vs Balor. I mean I think Joe's great and I'm glad they put the title on him, but I'm still not that bothered about Balor. Plus this is there 3rd match now (4th if you count Lowell). I dunno, I hope they prove me wrong.

Fully expecting Nakamura and Aries to steal the show.

You know which match is Ready, Wiling, and Gable to steal the show?

tumblr_o4caeatYCc1qk6v3ao1_400.gif

klonere

Banned
Jax is even more forced than Eva Marie. At least with Eva I can somewhat buy into the character. Nia might be the most flaky, unbelievable product of the PC I've seen so far and that includes The Drifter, Bull Dempsey, Mojo fucking Rawley etc.

You know which match is Ready, Wiling, and Gable to steal the show?

tumblr_o4caeatYCc1qk6v3ao1_400.gif
I'm sure it'll be a great match don't get me wrong, but Nakamura/Aries is a fresh matchup so I'm a lot more excited for it.

Jax is even more forced than Eva Marie. At least with Eva I can somewhat buy into the character. Nia might be the most flaky, unbelievable product of the PC I've seen so far and that includes The Drifter, Bull Dempsey, Mojo fucking Rawley etc.

The problem I've got with her is that as soon as she opens her mouth she stops being intimidating. Like Asuka said, "you talk too much".

Aiii

So not worth it
Nia Jax stops being intimidating the second she gets in the ring and you realise her size isn't from strength.

WWE cage matches are generally kind of lame due to the added stipulation of being able to win by escaping the cage, I mean I guess it's fine when it's a heel but the face shouldn't be trying to escape, it's a match set up for the face to give the heel their comeuppance without interference or the heel being able to leave the ring and run away. The heel trying to escape should be done to get heat but it's still kind of dumb for it to be a way to win. With Balor/Joe it's just a gimmick match for the sake of variety because it's the third Takeover in a row but their story has done nothing to support its use. On the bright side at least Joe hasn't been a chickenshit heel so I'll take it even if that would be one reason for there being a cage, I'm just sick of the chickenshit heel shtick Vince has driven into the ground, it might be the one thing worse than the on screen "authority figure" gimmick.

The idea is that they always end up brawling around the arena and beating the crap out of each other, and the cage will make sure the match is in the ring.

The idea hasn't had the best communication, I'll admit.

Raw64life

Just overcome the odds of Ticketmasters garbage system like Cena and managed to score good seats for NXT Brooklyn. I'm now way more excited for tonight's show than I was 20 minutes ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom