• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 11/12/09 – Braid (US)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
EU has CoD "Classic" (Basically CoD1) up on the store. $20 or whatever that is in EuropeMoonMoney.

Odd to see it up day-one with MW2 given it's supposed to be a "hardened edition" exclusive thing for a bit. Also makes me wonder why US hasn't slipped up like that. I'd pay $15 for it since it has a Platinum (apparently) in it's trophy list and if the online was active play it for a bit until MW2 drops in price/I see IW and Activision not throwing the baby out with the bathwater like they did MW1...

SappYoda said:
30j5sfs.gif

This.

Really gutted but at least we know its definetly coming

psilva

Please, please, please (!!!) have PES 2010 PSP come Thursday. I've been waiting for it since I got my PSPgo. I know Gamecocks is with me.

TheSeks said:
EU has CoD "Classic" (Basically CoD1) up on the store. $20 or whatever that is in EuropeMoonMoney.

Odd to see it up day-one with MW2 given it's supposed to be a "hardened edition" exclusive thing for a bit. Also makes me wonder why US hasn't slipped up like that. I'd pay $15 for it since it has a Platinum (apparently) in it's trophy list and if the online was active play it for a bit until MW2 drops in price/I see IW and Activision not throwing the baby out with the bathwater like they did MW1...
Checked the game this morning and it's true, it has a full set of trophies including platinum. I'm also surprised at how good the game looks. Obviously not near MW2 standards but it looks better then some early PS3 games I've played, it was in 720p.

Dizzan

MINI Member
psilva said:
Please, please, please (!!!) have PES 2010 PSP come Thursday. I've been waiting for it since I got my PSPgo. I know Gamecocks is with me.

Im with you too. Im hoping but Im sure we will be let down.

how good was Ronaldos penalty. Cheeky as

biocat

TheSeks said:
Also any youtubes for the Demon's Souls dynamic theme yet?

I bought the Demon's Souls theme. So far, all I've seen are near static screens of the nexus with the lady in black sitting somewhere in the background wiggling her feet.

Last wave of Gundam 0081 DLC is out later this week (November 12th) on the Japanese store.

RX-78GP01-Fb Gundam Full Vernian "Zephyranthes" -- 400 yen
RX-178 Gundam Mark II (Titans color) -- 500 yen
RX-81LA Light Armor RX-81 (cannon variant) -- 300 yen

biocat said:
I bought the Demon's Souls theme. So far, all I've seen are near static screens of the nexus with the lady in black sitting somewhere in the background wiggling her feet.

Aww lame... was hoping it would have scenes with all the bosses or a battle against some of the foes from the first level

But no, we get the black maiden wiggling her feet instead

biocat said:
I was hoping the camera would move at least. :/

careksims

I'm very tempted to buy a Japanese PSN points card just to get that Demon's Soul's theme. I like what I see very much. :D

or... BRING IT TO THE STATES! Please!! please!! please!!

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
micromagic said:
Checked the game this morning and it's true, it has a full set of trophies including platinum. I'm also surprised at how good the game looks. Obviously not near MW2 standards but it looks better then some early PS3 games I've played, it was in 720p.
Ok, you just sold the game to me.

kassatsu

Banned
jp.png
NOW UP!
/!\ Updates throughout the week @ ~ 11PM EDT

PSP Games

► Full Games
○ Hitman Reborn! Battle Arena Best Collection (¥2400)
○ J. League Pro Soccer Club wo Tskurou! 6 Pride of J (¥5400)
○ Need For Speed Shift (¥5250)
○ Shaun White Snowboarding Ubi The Best (¥2200)

Add-ons

► Mobile Suit Gundam Senki Record U.C. 0081
○ RX-78GP01-Fb Gundam (¥400)
○ RX-178 Gundam Mark II (¥500)
○ RX-81LA Light Armor RX-81 (¥300)

► Katsuragi Misato News Project
○ Bath Towel Costume

► J. League Pro Soccer Club wo Tskurou! 6 Pride of J (PSP)
○ Download Player (DF Uzbekistan)

► Rag Doll Kung Fu
○ Mistress of Mine
○ Shaolin Scarecrow

► Trinity Universe
○ New Pack Added (¥250)

Videos

► 3D Dot Game Heroes
○ Promotional Video Vol. 2

► White Knight Chronicles 2
○ TGS 2009 Trailer

bcn-ron said:
The whole weapon training and fusion systems are a big hindrance. The problem is that the good fusions are vastly outnumbered by poor fusion results and you will gimp yourself, most likely. You can't just play it and expect to make smooth progress without ever consulting a FAQ. You have to know in advance which enemy types are upcoming, and how to fuse a weapon that beats them to go anywhere, but what are the chances you know that? Slim if you're playing it for the first time. The game is arcane without need. I can see why a publisher would like it that way, as it allows them to sell strategy guides, but as a gamer? No, I don't have to like that.

As machinima it's great, even though it's not as impressive now as it used to be.

Anything that's interesting about the gameplay though is done better elsewhere. Hit zones in the Fallout series, attack timing in the Paper Mario series and crafting in most RPGs that have crafting at all.

Grade-A Bullsheet here.

Now, I'm not specifically picking on you but I have to get this off my chest. You can completely ignore the enemy affinity stat in Vagrant Story.

You can start out with a -5 affinity, fight a boss and kill it (in a short amount of time) and end up with a +5.

The key to Vagrant Story is to pay attention to weapon damage type. Blunt, Slash, Pierce. Certain enemies are weak against certain types of damage. Dragons tend to be weak to Pierce (not all), humanoid enemies tend to be weak to Slash, Armoured enemies are weak to Blunt.

Naturally of course, if you have a Piercing Weapon (like a spear) dedicated mainly for fighting Dragons or Dragonoid type monsters (like Lizardmen) you'll gain Dragon type Affinity, which will boost your attack even more. But it isn't life or death.

That's all you need to know. Enemy Affinity is simply a little more gravy to the basic meat and potatoes of KNOW YOUR ENEMY WEAKNESS (and you get Analyse very early on).

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I was okay with Vagrant Story until that damn time-limited maze in the dark with different enemies every two steps. Never touched it again.

BaZZaa

Neo Member
Hopefully today will bring some good games to us EU people.
But then again, why should this be an better week then the last weeks...

PlayStation Store via PS3
Add-On Game Content

* Fallout 3
o Broken Steel (€7.99)
o Operation Anchorage (€7.99)
o The Pitt (€7.99)
o Point Lookout (€7.99)
o Mothership Zeta (€7.99)

Rating: PEGI 16+
Availability: Additional release for Spain only

* Burnout Paradise - Big Surf Bundle (Burnout Paradise full game and Big Surf Island pack) (£27.99/€34.99) Rating: PEGI 3+

Availability: All locales

* Buzz! – Euro Sports Quiz (£3.99/€4.99) Rating: PEGI 3+

Availability: All except Czech Republic, Greece and Russia

* Pain
o Fat Princess Pack (free)
o Speed Oocher Pack (£1.59/€1.99)

Rating: PEGI 16+

* EyePet – Lucky Dip Styling Pack 4 (free) Rating: PEGI 3+

* Rag Doll Kung Fu: Fists of Plastic -
o Mistress of Mime (free)
o Shaolin Scarecrow (free)

Rating: PEGI 12+

* Guitar Hero 5
o Fly Away by Lenny Kravitz (£1.59/€1.99)
o Lady by Lenny Kravitz (£1.59/€1.99)
o Let Love Rule by Lenny Kravitz (£1.59/€1.99)
o Lenny Kravitz Track Pack (£4.39/€5.49)

Availability: All except Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and United Arab Emirates

* Rock Band
o A Day Like This – SpongeBob SquarePants (£0.59/€0.79)
o Club Foot by Kasabian (£0.99/€1.49)
o Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground by White Stripes (£0.99/€1.49)
o Employee of the Month – SpongeBob SquarePants (£0.59/€0.79)
o Girl, You Have No Faith in Medicine by White Stripes (£0.99/€1.49)
o Icky Thump by White Stripes (£0.99/€1.49)
o Ridin’ the Hook – SpongeBob SquarePants (£0.59/€0.79)
o Smash It Up (Part II) by The Damned (£0.99/€1.49)
o White Stripes Pack 01 (this pack contains the three White Stripes tracks above) (£2.49/€3.99)

Availability: All except Czech Republic, Greece, Luxembourg, Poland, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and UAE
Videos (free)

* Dante’s Inferno Anger Dev Diary
* Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time Launch Trailer
* Just Cause 2 Island of Panua Mini Doc 2

Premium Themes

(Static themes)

* Wise Father Theme (£1.19/€1.49)
* Yuefeng Theme (£1.19/€1.49)
* King Zumo Theme (£1.19/€1.49)
* Cavalier Warrior Theme (£1.19/€1.49)

PlayStation Store via PSP and Media Go
Downloadable Games (also available via the PS3 store)

* Street Fighter Alpha Max 3 (£13.99/€17.99)
* Major League Baseball 2K9 (£11.99/€14.99)
* Mana Khemia: Student Alliance (£19.99/€24.99)

Availability: All except Australia and New Zealand
minis (also available via the PS3 store)

* Circles Circles Circles (£2.49/€2.99) Rating: PEGI 3+

Availability: All except Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Russia, Spain and Switzerland

* D-Cube Planet (£2.49/€2.99) Rating: PEGI 3+

Availability: All except Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Russia, Spain and Switzerland

* Bubble Trubble (£3.99/€4.99) Rating: PEGI 3+

Demo (free)

* Jax and Daxter: The Lost Frontier Demo (free) Rating: PEGI 12+

Add-On Game Content (also available via the PS3 store)

* Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce – Additional Quests 7 (free) Rating: PEGI 12+

* Rock Band Unplugged
o Excuse Me Mr. by No Doubt (£0.99/€1.49)
o I’m Shipping Up To Boston by Dropkick Murphys (£0.99/€1.49)

BaZZaa

Neo Member
this week is mweh, but look at this:

I know lately we’ve had a bit of a lull in the updates, and whilst they may not have been massive, we have been adding steadily to the store (for you PSP users especially), but next week, there should be a nice stream of content released, and I’m hopeful that some of you will be pleased once you see what’s coming :D.

Can't wait! 1 game must be Vagrant Story I guess

So no PSN games or demos this week (excluding COD classic). Next week should be a lot better with Critter Crunch and the video store.

Wanace

What are the chances Dungeon Maker II for PSP will make it to the store? The first one is on there and I'm sorely tempted to (re)buy it because I loved it, but the second one is supposedly much better and I want to have some dungeon building action in my life. :(

Drame

PlayStation Store via PSP and Media Go
Downloadable Games (also available via the PS3 store)

* Mana Khemia: Student Alliance (£19.99/€24.99)

Wasn't the PSP port of Mana Khemia pretty horrible? Like the loading times and so on.

About the update itself, pretty weak again this week.

Well, next week should be promising.

jump_button said:
Fat Princess Pack (free)? that the new job class's and maps right?

Nope, it's listed as DLC for Pain :/ Not exactly sure what it is, but there have been in-game Fat Princess advertisements in Pain for a couple of weeks now.

The Fat Princess 1.3 patch was released a few weeks back, it includes the New Pork City level but there's been no mention on when we'll get the new classes or other maps.

Goldrusher

micromagic said:
So no PSN games or demos this week (excluding COD classic)
Which you can't even buy here in Belgium.

There's an icon in the featured section, but when you click it, a message pops up saying there are no items for sale.

Top Bottom