• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RuPaul's Drag Race Season 9 |OT| The Largest Cross-Dressing Convention of All Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydle

Honestly, I was perfectly fine with Sasha winning the rainbow episode like I've said before, then we'd have a three-way tie between Sasha, Shea and Trinity. That way, I wouldn't feel as bad for Shea losing, but I don't get why she won that challenge to tie with Sharon and Alaska, just to lose the crown.

Edit: What the fuck? Is Shea really recording a song with Azealia?

I don't get why Shea showed up to a finale lip sync without a reveal of any kind. Trinity's and Peppermint's were just okay, but at least they brought something.

Holmes

It's rough for some people in this thread when their fave ends up shitting the bed when it's most important and losing it all, only to end up collaborating with one of the biggest pieces of shit in the industry

Shizuka

It's rough for some people in this thread when their fave ends up shitting the bed when it's most important and losing it all, only to end up collaborating with one of the biggest pieces of shit in the industry

I have to say, I'm certainly not happy with the Azealia Banks news. Still, I dug something and shared on reddit:

"God. @AZEALIABANKS is so tired. I just don't get why people even try and stan for her. All she is is a talking head and a hypocrite. #overit"

https://twitter.com/sheacoulee/status/725780491555713024

Gradon

Lol Azealia isn't homophobic. She's just a mess who doesn't know how to be PC. She's also obscenely talented...

i-am-a-victim-of-azealia-bankss-homophobia-567-body-image-1422855408.png

Azealia-Banks-Faggot-Perez-Hilton-Lovebscott-Twitter.png

azealia-banks-homophobic-2.png

azealia-5.jpg

Oh yeah, not homophobic in the slightest.

She is actual trash.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I don't necessarily call everyone who utters faggot a homophobe without understanding the context.

But this...

i-am-a-victim-of-azealia-bankss-homophobia-567-body-image-1422855408.png

Azealia-Banks-Faggot-Perez-Hilton-Lovebscott-Twitter.png

azealia-banks-homophobic-2.png

azealia-5.jpg

Oh yeah, not homophobic in the slightest.

She is actual trash.
... This is... Yikes.

I haven't been following her on Twitter but I remember seeing an interview where she said "I'm not a homophobe. If you call me a bitch I'll call you a faggot. My mom taught me that being faggot means being a woman hater. I'll call someone who's like that a faggot regardless of whether they're gay or straight."

I don't agree with that excuse or the juvenile attempt to redefine the word (this is not how your reclaim the word). But those tweets? They don't look like clap backs to me, not that it's an excuse anyways, and they read like the average homophobic vitriol.

Monocle

I just watched the finale.

FUCK. YES.

Sasha really, really deserved this. What a brilliant, beautiful, passionate artist. Most definitely the best representative of the subversive power of drag on that stage.

I wasn't especially invested in the outcome of this season until Sasha made final four and got within snatching distance of that crown.

Good call Ru. Whew!

P.S. Sasha's looks and lip syncs slayed that night. It can't be said that she didn't bring her A-game to the finale.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Anyone watch Dragula? What about that other show...I think it was in Chile. Gia Gun and Kandy Ho(lol) are supposed to be on.

Are any S9 queens getting a Wow Presents show?
I'm hoping for a new season of Dragula -- just please have body mics. I want that grungy drag. After watching it, s9 looked way too polished. :p

I'm hoping for a new season of Dragula -- just please have body mics. I want that grungy drag. After watching it, s9 looked way too polished. :p

The production quality on Dragula is so busted, it was hard to watch. It sorta looked like it was shot on a iPhone 4. It would be great if they had slightly more of a budget for a second season, because some of those queens are truly sickening. I got to meet Vander Von Odd at the club last weekend and she was so sweet and looked fabulous.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
OH i've heard of dida ritza
princess may as well have sat that out

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Got 96% because I thought of the Pokemon when I read Jiggy.

I'm not that familiar with Pokemon, but I know them queens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom