• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RWBY |OT| Volume 5 starts October 14, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wanderer5

"Do not miss what happens next!" Damn it Cinder.XD

Possible Blake and Adam meetup, oh my. Nice to see that Ironwood is getting a bit of action too. And I guessing the CCT Tower is going to go bye bye with the whole thing going offline then.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Remember when I said the RWBY team needs to work on their seasons second halves? It's starting to look like they did. A climax that last 4 episodes instead of 10 minutes. Really looking forward to this.

This episode.

The potential fight next episode is gonna be mind blowing.
ruby vs neo
and maybe
oz or jnpr vs cinder
is gonna be so good

coolasj19

In the now, I would like to say that, yes, this episode was 15 minutes of
PANIC!! EVERYONE PANIC!!
With not much else. But when watched later it'll give this conflict real consequences unlike the one from S2. Especially if we're looking at 2 more 15 minute episodes. 30 minutes to
kill a dragon,
stop Cinder, and stabilize the kingdom? More things have been done in less time in other shows.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
In the now, I would like to say that, yes, this episode was 15 minutes of
PANIC!! EVERYONE PANIC!!
With not much else. But when watched later it'll give this conflict real consequences unlike the one from S2. Especially if we're looking at 2 more 15 minute episodes. 30 minutes to
kill a dragon,
stop Cinder, and stabilize the kingdom? More things have been done in less time in other shows.

Or they could go with the Empire Strikes Back kind of ending where the good guys mostly manage to get away okay but the bad guys for the most part have the upper hand.

TrueBlue

This finale already feels more focused than the last two seasons, where it just felt they were trying to shove all these new characters and concepts at us without much thought being put into it.

Crocodile

Latest episode was HYPE <3

Where the fuck did that dragon come from though? Like there was a dragon hiding in a mountain this entire time? So weird.

Grazzt

Or they could go with the Empire Strikes Back kind of ending where the good guys mostly manage to get away okay but the bad guys for the most part have the upper hand.

I'm expecting this.

Hope Ironwood is not dead. That Ozpin in the last scene is fake, right? Emerald?
Adam VS Blake, go!

Man every episode I'm left wishing more actually happened in the episode. Like story wise, how many steps forward were actually taken?

Anko

Episode 10
I doubt they would
kill Ironwood off screen
. I am more worried about
Penny
. Even if they do
restore her, she won't be the same as before
. Not to mention the fact that the Nevermore landed right on top of her... but I'm sure they can handwave this part away if they need to.

Episode 10
I doubt they would
kill Ironwood off screen
. I am more worried about
Penny
. Even if they do
restore her, she won't be the same as before
. Not to mention the fact that the Nevermore landed right on top of her... but I'm sure they can handwave this part away if they need to.

I'm worried about
Port and Oobleck

I'm expecting this.

Hope Ironwood is not dead. That Ozpin in the last scene is fake, right? Emerald?
Adam VS Blake, go!

I never is thought about that possibility for Ozpin at the end until you brought it up. Regardless if that Ozpin is real or not it is bad news for Pyyrha and Jaune, who is following her. Either Ozpin is fake and Jaune/Pyyrha are walking into a trap without backup, or Ozpin is trying the maiden power transfer. Since Cinder saw them though, Jaune may have to fight Emerald, Mercury, Cinder, or a combination of the three. Depending on how the power transfer works, Ozpin may be busy with the machine and be unable to help. Pyyrha I assume would be hooked up to the machine and be a sitting duck. This would be a good time for Jaune to find his semblance.

I hope Ironwood is alright as well. We just got to see him in action and his plane already crashed.

Things are getting crazy now. We have Grimm swarming the city and academy. The White Fang are attacking Beacon, Roman has taken control of the Knights, and there is a giant flying Grimm that spawns other Grimm on the scene.

Yang, Weiss, Nora, and Ren are fighting the cannon fodder enemies, so i could see them fighting the big guy.

Blake ran into Adam, and is going to be occupied. Ruby boarded the ship and is going to be facing Neo, with Roman on Board as well.

What I liked about this episode is that is showcased the real grimm threat.

Basically what grimm we saw before this chapter were all lowbie tiers. We're now seeing some of the stronger ones show up.

Things are definitely ramping up.

The last two episodes are going to be great.

I hope Ironwood isn't dead, just because he was pretty cool in that fight scene.

XiaNaphryz

I'm expecting this.

Yeah, I'll be disappointed if they actually clean things up and make the good guys somehow drive all the Grimm off and win.

I'm hoping Beacon and Vale falls causing a mass of refugees heading out to the other kingdoms. This gives the opportunity for the characters to break free from the school setting and go wandering the world in pursuit of the bad guys as they go after the other regions.

naeS

This season has been amazing.
Man, if a Dragon is the result of all of the chaos in Vale, I can't imagine what an all out war across Remnant would bring.

The third chapter of the RWBY manga contained some interesting information.

The knight from the white trailer is a Grimm that possesses inanimate objects, created by the Schnee Dust Company via Grimm experimentation. It was a test by her father to allow her to attend Beacon

Zero-ELEC

Banned

The knight from the white trailer is a Grimm that possesses inanimate objects, created by the Schnee Dust Company via Grimm experimentation. It was a test by her father to allow her to attend Beacon

Does that mean that SDC can create Grimm? That's a) super shady and b) really scary, especially considering that as far as we know SDC isn't exactly on the up-and-up.

naeS

Why didn't I know this existed? o_O

Why didn't I know this existed? o_O

It only started last November. I only found about it because someone else mentioned it in a RWBY topic in another forum, much like I did here.

I'm more excited for the manga now that it has started expanding the character's backstory. I hope team JNPR can get flashbacks too.

Grazzt

RWBY has manga?

Anko

After the last episode, I think I actually find the Blake and Weiss dynamic very appealing. Is it checkmate or monochrome?

Episode 11 Preview:
I'm both excited and afraid of how the
Ruby vs Neo
fight will go, action/choreography wise.

coolasj19

I find it slightly ominous that Jaune, who followed Pyyrha, isn't in the preview at all.
Pyrhaa: "I have something important to do Jaune, you can go now."
Forever Beta Jaune: "Okayyyy ._."
After the last episode, I think I actually find the Blake and Weiss dynamic very appealing. Is it checkmate or monochrome?
Episode 11 Preview:
I'm both excited and afraid of how the
Ruby vs Neo
fight will go, action/choreography wise.
Monochrome.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JpinKp5XW6htsPAri0kRMGKrxQwi458YU6HY734wuwE/htmlview

The fandom is insane.

It should be fine. I hope. Stop making me doubt!
50 Shades of RWBY Ruby VA reading it during a stream
I refuse to watch this :mad:
These people are our voice actors. What a time to be alive.

Flandy

Pyrhaa: "I have something important to do Jaune, you can go now."
Forever Beta Jaune: "Okayyyy ._."

Monochrome.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JpinKp5XW6htsPAri0kRMGKrxQwi458YU6HY734wuwE/htmlview

The fandom is insane.

It should be fine. I hope. Stop making me doubt!

These people are our voice actors. What a time to be alive.

Wait, is that a google document detailing all the pairing in the show that fans have made or something like that? I'm not clicking the link at work.

Weiss Cream (Weiss x Neo) might just be the greatest ship name I've ever heard

Part of me wants the volume to end on a very bad note...aka the following

Ruby injured and missing
Something bad happening to jaune or pyhrra
Vale and/or beacon destroyed
Cinder getting full fall maiden powers
Finding out raven is one of the bad guys
Team abrn and fnky killed off

Yeah. I want to see the world burn

XiaNaphryz

Part of me wants the volume to end on a very bad note...aka the following

Ruby injured and missing
Something bad happening to jaune or pyhrra
Vale and/or beacon destroyed
Cinder getting full fall maiden powers
Finding out raven is one of the bad guys
Team abrn and fnky killed off

Yeah. I want to see the world burn

If the overall plan is for several more seasons, I can see a full-out "villains win, the surviving good guys get split/separated" ending for this one.

Ep 11 is up for sponsors.

Velvet's weapon is what I suspected. Weiss can't summon the whole knight, but an arm works. And well, Yang's gonna need a new hand thanks to Adam...literally

coolasj19

Velvet's weapon is what I suspected. Weiss can't summon the whole knight, but an arm works. And well, Yang's gonna need a new hand thanks to Adam...literally
You did this. Jerk. Was this the best episode of the season? Either way with or without our beloved show creator, I think the team has gotten their craft down. At least in regards to planning and executing an entire season. This has by far been the best season of stories and arcs.
lol jk there's no good news.
There's gonna be soooooooooo much Mary Poppins fan work. So much. Oh god have mercy.
Sorry Flandy. Your guy crush went out like a chump. But he sure did introduce poor innocent Ruby to the harsh HARSH realities of the world.
Someone called Velvet a long time ago. I'm guessing they're one offs too. But now she's collecting again! Unlimited Gun Works ^_^
GOD FUCKING DAMMIT JUANE YOU HAD ONE JOB
Welp fuck. Cinder won. Now let's see just how much of a badass Ozpin is.

So much more then that tho!

Major events recap/spoiler (not in order) of the newest episode:
Neo... floats away (XD), Torchwick gets eaten after giving a great speech I really hope he isn't dead hes the best villain. Weiss summons the arm of the Knight and cuts a mech in half. Then Amber is killed and Cynder gets all of her powers, Ironwood is alive but has a robotic arm, Yang loses a god damn arm to Adam and Blake is injured as well like holy shit so much happened this episode!!

Seriously though I hate whats happened with Yang, she is such an awesome character but since she lost to Neo in S2 shes pretty much been given the shaft, she makes it to the finals and because of fucking Emerald everyone thinks shes a psycho and doesn't even get the win she deserves, her mom doesn't even want to see her and now she loses a fucking arm! I mean no one on team RWBY has really 'won' all that well except for maybe Weiss by summoning finally but Ruby has been unphased and Blake hasn't really done much of anything yet and while Adam hurts her its not like Yang who loses a body part >.>

And apparently next weeks is the season finale? God I'm going to have to binge watch the season before next week...

Also speculation for next week...

Ozpin's screwed, I won't be surprised if he and/or Crow dies next week.

Oh there is so much more, but was still trying to soak it all in. Ironwood is actually half cyborg. If you look carefully at his legs and body, like on his ripped pants.

I do think Torchwick is gone, eaten by a Griffin then that Griffin goes down with the ship kinda reduces his chances by a lot.

Ozpin is so getting killed by full power Fall Maiden Cinder. Unless he's literally godtier skill fighting level.

I thought seeing Blake get stabbed being bad enough, but Yang losing an arm got me. What makes Adam really dangerous right now is that he doesn't want to kill Blake but make her suffer for betraying him, which is even more diabolical.

I fully believe by the end of the whole series, Weiss is gonna be multi-sword summoner. Summon several swords and go all Unlimited Blade Works on people.

In the Ruby v Neo fight, she is still clearly outclassing Ruby, but Ruby is definitely the more ingenious one. She also showcases some slightly improved hand to hand combat this fight too.

And SCYTHE FORM QROW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom