• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
AceBandage said:
So, there won't be gloating for a few years?

By then, we'll all have the game, NeoGAF will have become the source of all gaming news (as opposed to the source of 99% of it) and Jiggy will have completed his insidious plot to replace everyone on NeoGAF with his android legions and will post stats about it.

Anyone like to guess this week's updates? Its only a few days until release, so i think something special is gonna happen in Dojo this week.

A prediction is a wallpaper of all the characters (at least the starting roster) made from Sakurai himself. That be awesome.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
flipping_heck said:
A prediction is a wallpaper of all the characters (at least the starting roster) made from Sakurai himself. That be awesome.

I hope so. The Melee one was awesome and I'd love to see an updated version.

I'm betting that Sakurai has one more surprise for us that will be reveled on the games release date. Other than that, I think we may either get Luigi or Jiggly, a new Kirby level and a new song.

Neiteio

I'm hoping for Sakurai to start rolling out secret characters, beginning with a certain blue-and-black, Anubis-inspired Pokemon. You know, for one last surge of HYPE before the game hits Japan like a shitload of bricks.

Realistically speaking, though, I bet one update this week will be the Sonic stage.

Teasel

Neiteio said:
I'm hoping for Sakurai to start rolling out secret characters, beginning with THE KNEE. You know, for one last surge of HYPE before the game hits Japan like a shitload of bricks.

Realistically speaking, though, I bet one update this week will be the Sonic stage.

fixed

Jiggy

Now I can't even listen to that one portion of "You Are Not Alone" from FFIX without hearing "Punch, punch, Falcon Punch." D:

while we're on the topic of vg music (kind of) check out this awesome rendition of Metaknight's Revenge. I'm sure those who've played kirby's superstar will recognize it :D .

http: //lf.geocities.jp/logsoukolog/Revenge_of_Metaknight.mp3

just copy/paste it and remove the space.

Scribble

Baiano19 said:
Question:

Will the Japanese version have english as a language option? Cause the US Meele version had vice-versa...

I'd get the Japanese version if that was the case.

But I have a feeling that won't happen....

Neiteio

Sp0rsk, two questions:

- Is that a picture of Barack Obama in your avatar? I know (or think) you're a citizen of Japan, but still, it sure looks like him!

- Also, has Markman or Reno shown you visual proof of their roster claims? I believe them but I'd still like to know. You previously seemed to suggest they showed you proof.

And for the record, I love their roster.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Neiteio said:
Sp0rsk, two questions:

- Is that a picture of Barack Obama in your avatar? I know (or think) you're a citizen of Japan, but still, it sure looks like him!

- Also, has Markman or Reno shown you visual proof of their roster claims? I believe them but I'd still like to know. You previously seemed to suggest they showed you proof.

I am an American citizen living in Japan and yes it is him.

I have spoken to Reno about the spoilers and I know his source to be credible. His information is backed by real knowledge, no heresay.

Neiteio said:
Sp0rsk, two questions:

I only dislike a few characters, 2, which is a great ratio. In two days, we might get to see what they look like in action, which may change the previous statement.

Guled

wow, just 4 days left and we still don't know the roster. I guess the fact the mascot is a plumber helps against leaks.

Edit: So markman is right, never mind that

Crushed

Fry Daddy
5mfo29.jpg

scottnak

Crushed said:
http://i25.tinypic.com/5mfo29.jpg
Welp. I laughed. :lol :lol
Anyway, who does a perma ban willy-nilly anyway.
Either way. Can't wait for the goods. Sans SSE though... I'm gonna try my best to keep that away from my eyes.

Neiteio

sp0rsk said:

I have spoken to Reno about the spoilers and I know his source to be credible. His information is backed by real knowledge, no heresay.
I may be presumptious to think you support him, but I like Obama a lot. I only fear he would be assassinated if elected. It's a terrible thought, but easy to imagine given the sad history of hate in America.

But, back on topic.
HELLO I'M STUPID.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
sp0rsk said:

Well, technically, the list of starters he posted turned out to be wrong. Why is that?

Jiggy

I'm personally holding out hope that the Japanese version doesn't have English as an option. D: I'm already trying to resist buying a Japanese Wii and importing Brawl. The internal rationalizations, they assault me as it is.

Evil Inner Thoughts: Hello there.

Chibi Jiggy: W-who are you?

EIT: I am your conscience.

CJ: Honto ni?

EIT: "Hai," my dear, obnoxious, overwrought otaku friend. I'm here to remind you that if you bought a Japanese Wii, you would be able to play Brawl early. And you could sell the system and game after you had the English version; truly there is nothing to lose.

CJ: But it seems so risky, Conscience-Sama. What if I couldn't find a buyer?

EIT: Why, how is that a problem? It would only mean you could keep your Japanese Wii, which surely has its own merits. Genesis games on VC would be 200 points cheaper, and furthermore you could play Final Soldier.

CJ: This is true. Dakedo... This reasoning all seems very utilitarian if not hedonistic, and never have I subscribed to the philosophies of--

EIT: And with a Japanese Wii, you also wouldn't have to worry about whether Tales of Symphonia: Knight of Ratatosk makes it outside Japan and Europe.

CJ: And ToS: KoR has Colette. :eek: ... The Heroine of Kawaii and Purity and Ditz. :O

EIT: Yes, it certainly does. She's beckoning you.

CJ: ...

EIT: And just consider how many more times she might save the world by tripping at the right moment, how many more times she shall say "I"m sorry," and how this would sound in Japane--

CJ: Chotto matte! You can't possibly be my conscience, or you would see clearly the selfishness of this plan, which places me as its central beneficiary. Rather, I have always held that the truest beneficiary should be the developers who make the games that I love, with intention that they might beget more such games in future times--and all monies I could disburse into a Japanese Wii could have instead purchased six further copies of Brawl, or gifted plenteous copies of Super Star Soldier, or other such ends for which all gaming might cheer and revel. I have dismantled your argument totally and exposed your true form; away, foul demon! Before I take up my magical wand and transform to defeat thee in fairer and more corporeal combat. :mad:

EIT: Bah, foiled. But fear not, o self, for I muse: so long as impatience and emotion dwell in the heart of man, I will find another to haunt. *departs*
But no matter how much I combat it with logic and reasoning, I'm sure it'll be back later. D:

TreIII

sp0rsk said:
Believe me.

There will be gloating.

As soon as I'm done playing.

Oh come now! Like I said before, I'll need your impressions to help fuel my hot-blooded fury, once my copy arrives!

C'mon, Play-asia...! SHIP IT! SHIP IT! SHIP IT, ALREADY! :D

Formless

I don't see why people hate on the Wiimote + nunchuck combo, it seems fine to me. Even better maybe, because you can move your arms in any way you want. Only thing I see that could be a problem is slippage, which is helped by rubbing sweaty hands on pants or the Wiimote condom.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Firestorm said:
sp0rsk uses nunchuk + wiimote what a loser real men use gcn controller

edit: victoly :lol
My two normal GC controllers both have stuck/mushy buttons after years of play.

The soft rubber on my Wavebird's analog stick came off yesterday, while I was playing Melee for the first time in forever.

Luckily, I have a wireless Pelican GC controller, with rumble! Its handles are more like a Dual Shock than a Wavebird, so the comfort is a bit "eh," but it gets the job done.

Firestorm

Colette still sucks Jiggy.

Crushed said:
My two normal GC controllers both have stuck/mushy buttons after years of play.

The soft rubber on my Wavebird's analog stick came off yesterday, while I was playing Melee for the first time in forever.

Luckily, I have a wireless Pelican GC controller, with rumble! Its handles are more like a Dual Shock than a Wavebird, so the comfort is a bit "eh," but it gets the job done.

The ones at my school library have three working ones out of 5. The rubber on the analog stick is off one of them. I only have 2/5 working ones at home. One has a C-Stick that doesn't work, another has some stuck buttons, and another jumps every time you press L (crossed wires?). A friend of mine went and bought 4 new ones for Brawl. I might do the same...

Smash hates controllers :(

TreIII

Jiggy37 said:
But no matter how much I combat it with logic and reasoning, I'm sure it'll be back later. D:

...Just give in...

You know you want it...I could care less about Collete, but do it as a stab against all those good games that may never get released in the US! :D

Firestorm

Formless said:
I don't see why people hate on the Wiimote + nunchuck combo, it seems fine to me. Even better maybe, because you can move your arms in any way you want. Only thing I see that could be a problem is slippage, which is helped by rubbing sweaty hands on pants or the Wiimote condom.

I'm kidding on the last comment, people can play how they want. I do find WiiMote + Nunchuk comfortable, but I won't be using it because I make a lot of use of the C-Stick.

Jiggy

Firestorm said:
Colette still sucks Jiggy.
I'm making "Pow Hammer" one of my messages when I use King Dedede and Ice Climbers. ^__^
Edit: Actually, "Pow Pow Hammer" when both Ice Climbers are alive. ^__^ Oh yes.

TreIII said:
...Just give in...

You know you want it...
I know. I do. D: It hurts so bad. D:

Fireblend

Banned
Jiggy37 said:
I'm personally holding out hope that the Japanese version doesn't have English as an option. D: I'm already trying to resist buying a Japanese Wii and importing Brawl. The internal rationalizations, they assault me as it is.

I... can totally picture that whole dialog. Damn what's happening to me...

Firestorm

ggnoobIGN said:
Well, technically, the list of starters he posted turned out to be wrong. Why is that?

Probably because he never posted a list of starters? If he did, link?

Neiteo, that was someone else. They never gave us placements. Or even a full roster, he just confirmed a few things. But minus Luigi who they never confirmed or debunked, that's the roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom