• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prediction: New Assist Trophy Chara. Maybe someone from the Sonic series. I hope my prediction is wrong and Sakurai pulls out an even better update though.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
OliveJuice said:
I predict....some new mode/options.

Also, how come J-smasher's haven't created a thread yet?...Maybe not an official thread, but a thread nonetheless. It's almost out!!

J-gaffers like to create threads when we have something to create them about.

Do a search for Smash Kiosk.

Search is your firend.

Malfunky

sp0rsk said:
I'm pretty sure ZSS and Shiek's final smashes are the same as their normal counterparts.

Shiek's is, yeah, but the target flies in a different direction.

We saw ZSS final smash in the E for All videos. She regains her suit and has some sort of damaging aura or something. It's listed as "Power Suit Samus" on the Dojo, as well.

Guled

sp0rsk said:
I'm pretty sure ZSS and Shiek's final smashes are the same as their normal counterparts.
ZSS final smash is just her suit coming back together. The opposite of Samus, except the cool beam. I just hope that this isn't a spoiler.

Edit: Beaten :(

sp0rsk said:
J-gaffers like to create threads when we have something to create them about.

J-gaffers never get excited about games? I guess it's for the better though, that thread will get flooded with IMPRESSIONS NAO.

sprsk

Guled said:
ZSS final smash is just her suit coming back together. The opposite of Samus, except the cool beam. I just hope that this isn't a spoiler.

I could have sworn I saw a movie where ZSS had the huge canon attack.

To make things clear, the spoilers i'm talking about are character lists, stage lists, unlockables, 1p info that hasn't been revealed in the dojo or previous events or commercials.

Character data and all that is totally ok for discussion.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Good lord, I really shouldnt leave this thread ever :( CHAOS HAPPENED.

But yeah, tonight I'd like to see a level, something original, sonic based perhaps.

sprsk

OliveJuice said:
J-gaffers never get excited about games? I guess it's for the better though, that thread will get flooded with IMPRESSIONS NAO.

We do! What do you think is going on in this thread?

If I don't make the first thread, someone else will. To be honest though, I won't be near a computer till like midnight the day I get it, so someone else will most likely post their impressions first.

TreIII

sp0rsk said:
I could have sworn I saw a movie where ZSS had the huge canon attack.

Perhaps it was that "Fusion-suit color" Samus? That color Samus DOES have blue armor...

If I don't make the first thread, someone else will. To be honest though, I won't be near a computer till like midnight the day I get it, so someone else will most likely post their impressions first.

I'd love nothing more than to be among the first...but for right now, I'm at Play-asia's mercy. I think they're probably in as much of a tizzy over trying to secure units for their first load-outs as a number of JP joints. :lol

Jiggy

I'm both hoping for and expecting a separate Race to the Finish. I mean, Sakurai's been hooked on this idea of putting racing elements in platformers: they were there in Super Star's Gourmet Race, there in N64 Smash Bros., and there in Melee. I'm figuring/hoping that he's probably always wanted to make something more of it, just like he always wanted to make something more of single-player Smash Bros., and that now is his chance to shine.

TreIII

Jiggy37 said:
I'm both hoping for and expecting a separate Race to the Finish. I mean, Sakurai's been hooked on this idea of putting racing elements in platformers: they were there in Super Star's Gourmet Race, there in N64 Smash Bros., and there in Melee. I'm figuring/hoping that he's probably always wanted to make something more of it, just like he always wanted to make something more of single-player Smash Bros., and that now is his chance to shine.

It would be interesting, indeed.

...Of course, the focus of the mode would probably boil down to seeing how fast you can get the likes of Sonic, Fox and PANCH! PANCH! FALCON PANCH through the levels, if anything else. :lol :lol

sp0rsk said:
We do! What do you think is going on in this thread?

If I were in your position
:'(
, I would take my time to enjoy the game and check every nook and cranny. You can post the impressions/juicy info after.
- the gloating

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
TreIII said:

...Of course, the focus of the mode would probably boil down to seeing how fast you can get the likes of Sonic, Fox and PANCH! PANCH! FALCON PANCH through the levels, if anything else. :lol :lol

They should make a whole mode like the one event in melee where you had 45 or so seconds as captain falcon to finish the super speed run on the Grand Prix place, I remember having so much trouble on that.

HURGHT

Melee had two sort of variants of race to the finish if i remember right.

There was the cavernous levels with multiple exits (this was in classic, i think) and there was the F-zero level where you had to dodge passing traffic but reach the finish line as fast as you can, which I assume appeared in Adventure.

TreIII

Papercuts said:
They should make a whole mode like the one event in melee where you had 45 or so seconds as captain falcon to finish the super speed run on the Grand Prix place, I remember having so much trouble on that.

OH YEAH. I remember that. That was a fun Event. :D

Though if I had to say that there was any one favorite event of mine, it would probably be that "You vs. Jigglypuff and a whole bunch of Pokeballs that can summon bad-ass Legendaries".

I believe Jiggy mentioned it at least ONCE since I started really getting into this thread...

Jiggy

TreIII said:

Nah, I'm thinking separate times for each character. :D And multiple courses--and I don't mean choose one of three paths like Melee, but each character has to go through every course available. Then they could have some parts that pander to flying characters, some that pander to fast runners, some that pander to characters with great vertical leaps... I could even imagine some unique mechanics like a wall that Zelda can pass through with Farore's Wind but that everybody else has to go over and around, or breakable trapdoors that can only be destroyed by a ground pound from Bowser, Yoshi, or King Dedede, or Kirby's stone ability. (Random fun fact: I used to annoy one of my friends in the N64 game by roleplaying the announcer of the match while I beat him. In those days, Kirby's stone was known as the Rock Bottom, because--well, it's a rock and it goes to the bottom. >_>) Or maybe blocks that can only be destroyed by a sword, since Link, Meta Knight, and Ike are fairly slow runners.

Of course there'd never be a perfect balance, but as long as two characters weren't competing against one another I could see it working out and being awesome. :D

TreIII said:
Though if I had to say that there was any one favorite event of mine, it would probably be that "You vs. Jigglypuff and a whole bunch of Pokeballs that can summon bad-ass Legendaries".

I believe Jiggy mentioned it at least ONCE since I started really getting into this thread...
Oh yes! Even though it had me KOing Jigglypuff, I forgave it because of its greatness. It was also awesome for being one of the only (maybe exactly the only?) event matches with six characters on-screen.
Edit: And the reason I mentioned it was because I was hoping for a Poke Ball Switch this time so that I can recreate that Event in any stage at any time I want.

Predicting triple update - Board the Platforms, Race to the Finish, and Stage Builder Pt. 2 (that supports building stages for these modes).

Honestly, the only reasonable explanation to say why they only included five Target Smash levels is that you can make your own.

Fireblend

Banned
RoboPlato said:
I wonder how many event matches there will be this time around? They were one of my favorite parts of Melee.
Hopefully lots, events were one of my favorite modes in Melee, although it seems SSE will be getting the most time from me this time(other than multiplayer, obviously). Still, events are a great opportunity for nonsensical and wacky stuff. Also I'd love a final Master Hand + Crazy Hand + Ancient Minister final event :O

Actually, I wonder if the hands will be somehow in or if they're gone for good.

Also, holy shit at the bannings, half of the regular posters are gone, but I do think they went a bit overboard with spoilers, sp0rsk has made it pretty clear how things are in these threads and I wouldn't risk it specially after the bannings on the Japanese kiosks thread...

I have been way off in my predictions lately so im just gonna predict something dissapointing. How long till this hideous avatar is gone oh mighty Sp0rsk? :D

TreIII

Jiggy37 said:
Nah, I'm thinking separate times for each character. :D And multiple courses--and I don't mean choose one of three paths like Melee, but each character has to go through every course available. Then they could have some parts that pander to flying characters, some that pander to fast runners, some that pander to characters with great vertical leaps... I could even imagine some unique mechanics like a wall that Zelda can pass through with Farore's Wind but that everybody else has to go over and around, or breakable trapdoors that can only be destroyed by a ground pound from Bowser, Yoshi, or King Dedede, or Kirby's stone ability. (Random fun fact: I used to annoy one of my friends in the N64 game by roleplaying the announcer of the match while I beat him. In those days, Kirby's stone was known as the Rock Bottom, because--well, it's a rock and it goes to the bottom. >_>) Or maybe blocks that can only be destroyed by a sword, since Link, Meta Knight, and Ike are fairly slow runners.

Of course there'd never be a perfect balance, but as long as two characters weren't competing against one another I could see it working out and being awesome. :D

You know what? That's actually sounding quite on point.

It'd be even funnier if they actually pulled a Mario Kart and saved your "best times" as ghosts for you to race against. Either that, or maybe they could create a rival character that could serve the same purpose (Sonic CD's Metal Sonic, a la the Stardust Speedway Boss Fight, comes to mind). :D

Oh yes! Even though it had me KOing Jigglypuff, I forgave it because of its greatness. It was also awesome for being one of the only (maybe exactly the only?) event matches with six characters on-screen.
Edit: And the reason I mentioned it was because I was hoping for a Poke Ball Switch this time so that I can recreate that Event in any stage at any time I want.

Ah yes...truly an epic event...and any way, if we get a Poke Ball Switch, I would hope we'd get an Assist Figure/Trophy Switch too. That would just add more to the fun...

Sciz

Sciz said:
You guys are tempting me to put together an epic list of Sonic music.

I'm nearly done with this (finally), but it's ended up veering a bit from "Sonic music that would be good in Brawl" and sp0rsk seems kinda surly at the moment. =(

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Sciz said:
I'm nearly done with this (finally), but it's ended up veering a bit from "Sonic music that would be good in Brawl" and sp0rsk seems kinda surly at the moment. =(

All it needs is Chemical Plant, Ice Cap and Flying Battery

pulga

Banned
Holy shit, sp0rsk went crazy with the banhammer. Wonder what spoilers they were talking about.

PANCH PANCH FALCON PANCH is the greatest video ever uploaded to youtube :lol

Aaaand lastly, my prediction for tonight is an Assist Trophy.

Jiggy

Formless said:
I hope there's more than one orchestral piece...ideally almost everything should've been orchestral
The SSBB Main Theme, MGS4 Love Theme, and Fire Emblem Theme all seem orchestral to me. But I'm not as good at picking out real instruments as perhaps I should be, so I could be wrong. >_>

sprsk

ggnoobIGN said:
After 1,294 posts in this thread, FireStorm is going to miss the Brawl launch. :lol

You would think with all the attention he paid to this thread he would have known better.

A thought just dawned on me - is Classic Mode even in Brawl?
The emissary is great (and multitudes above Classic) but if Classic mode wasn't in the game, it would feel like something is missing. Melee had Classic and it's emissary equivalent, Adventure mode, so i'm hoping Classic will still be included.

Linkhero1

-WindYoshi- said:
The emissary is great (and multitudes above Classic) but if Classic mode wasn't in the game, it would feel like something is missing. Melee had Classic and it's emissary equivalent, Adventure mode, so i'm hoping Classic will still be included.
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/various/various11.html

I could have sworn you asked this a few months back too :p

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Jiggy37 said:
The SSBB Main Theme, MGS4 Love Theme, and Fire Emblem Theme all seem orchestral to me. But I'm not as good at picking out real instruments as perhaps I should be, so I could be wrong. >_>

Only the SSBB theme is confirmed to be orchestrated.

-WindYoshi- said:

IIRC we've heard of a certain "Arcade Mode", so I guess that's it.

[edit] Wow, this thread goes fast. And it looks like I totally missed the confirmation from the Dojo site...Great to have it - the confirmation - anyway :D .

-WindYoshi- said:
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/various/various11.html

Already taken care of. No worries!

EDIT: Beaten. Soundly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom