• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Link to the Snitch said:
Hey, I dispute that this thread should stay open until updates stop, not when it's released.
I have a feeling this will depend on how stupid the users in this thread are, and whether or not Sp0rsk gets annoyed

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Ganondorf tonight, along with his FS where the camera zooms to the triforce on his gaunlet and he transforms into Ganon!

*please*

brawlcentral is reporting a possible Geno trophey spotting w00t

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I don't see why this thread has to stop when the game comes out, I'm sure there will be more updates after the game comes out.

When the updates end, this thread ends.

Unless you guys force my hand.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
you know what im looking forward to in brawl, cranking the animal crossing level , saturday, 8pm, and listening to kk slider perform.

It's small things like that that really make you sit back, and appreciate how big this really is.

kamikaze

TreIII said:
*glares at Play-asia*

SHIP IT ALREADY, DAMN YOU!!!

just curious, has your status changed to "preparing order" and when did you pre-order?

mine is sitting at preorder/backorder...pre-ordered in november.

as for an update...it's been awhile since we've had an item? let's go with that...i figure the week will start off fairly slow.

TreIII

kamikaze said:
just curious, has your status changed to "preparing order" and when did you pre-order?

mine is sitting at preorder/backorder...pre-ordered in november.

Nope. Still in "PreOrder/BackOrder". And honestly, I'm not expecting it to change until probably some time tomorrow night/Tuesday morning.

And for the record, I pre-ordered December 6th. According to when I asked them, I'm like number 23 in the queue, out of like upwards of 400+. I'd assume that some one like you, who pre-ordered even earlier than I, would probably be in the teens, or even single-digits.

But in any case, I'm sure the both of us are safe from the inevitable "cut-off" limit that will probably ensue.

Milabrega

kamikaze said:
let's go with that...i figure the week will start off fairly slow.

The Dojo is a hype machine. Why would things slow in its last week before the game is released? If anything the floodgates should be opening.

Fireblend

Banned
Iwata asks 5 is out :D someone bump the official thread.

Oh wait, only for Japan's site. English version isn't up yet it seems D:

Holy shit, Jeff A.T. confirmed! Earthbound fans rejoice!

Jiggy

I'll be in a bit late for stats and such tonight, as well as even a general reaction to the update, so don't wait up too long. :p

Oblivion said:
I wasn't into the intarweb scene back when Melee came out. Nintendo did the same thing back then?
Japan-only and the updates were closer to weekly than on every day... It wasn't anywhere near as in-depth as the Dojo, but yeah, they had some things going on.

NewLib

Banned
The interview seems to confirm no AC playable characters and a character from Wind Waker (mostly likely WW Link)

Edit: Actually rereading it, he could mean that there is a Wind Waker trophy.

Fireblend

Banned
From the new interview part...

Iwata: Oh, I get it. In other words, Super Smash Bros. Brawl enables you to see another side of the characters you aren’t able to see in our games.
Sakurai: Right. And you can look as much as you like.
:lol

Come on intro video, intro video... I'm pretty sure we're getting it this week.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Fireblend said:
Holy shit, Jeff A.T. confirmed! Earthbound fans rejoice!

Waitwaitwait...WHAT? Don't you dare get my hopes up, now!

*Checks*

...Sakurai...Jeff...the Multi Bottle Rocket...

It's...beautiful...

Sakurai, you wonderful guy. I never thought you'd actually do it.

TreIII

Iam Canadian said:
Waitwaitwait...WHAT? Don't you dare get my hopes up, now!

*Checks*

...Sakurai...Jeff...the Multi Bottle Rocket...

It's...beautiful...

Sakurai, you wonderful guy. I never thought you'd actually do it.

*cries manly tears of joy*

Oh, Jeff....it's been so long, and my recent EB play through just reminded me of how awesome you truly are...

TJ Spyke

Kulock said:
I don't know about tonight, but I wonder if/predict that there'll be a mode or option to make all stages tournament-friendly, taking out the random or external K.O. factors. It would be more about the theme and platform layout at that point. No laser on the Halberd, no lava waves in Norfair, no cars zooming by in Onett, etc. Moving stages such as Delfino Plaza would still move, because it's cyclical and predictable. The only thing I'd question in that regard is the Fire Emblem stage, because the transitions are slightly awkward (and I think randomly timed?), that could frustrate tournament players.

Those are all part of the game though. It would be like playing a football game and eliminating the possibilities of interceptions and fumbles, it would make the game easier but also a lot more boring. That's why I also will not play any online games with weapons turned off since the game was meant to be played with them.

pulga

Banned
Ha! My prediction of an AT for tonight is slowly, but surely coming true. Update with the Jeff AT, Sakurai! DO IT!

Tim-E

pulga said:
Ha! My prediction of an AT for tonight is slowly, but surely coming true. Update with the Jeff AT, Sakurai! DO IT!

No, then we'll get 3 pages of bitching because we knew about the AT 30 minutes before the update.

Dreavus

Oh, so Olimar's pikmin follow him around in the same way that yoshi's eggs do in yoshi's island. For some reason I was expecting them to follow in a bunch and fly at their own trajectories when hit (sort of like having 5 mini-nanas follow you).

It's better this way, though. Otherwise it'd be impossible to get them all together. :lol

Hero

It's not going to be a new playable character, Famitsu or some other mag already unveiled the starting roster which is the characters on the dojo minus Snake and Sonic.

This week will probably be opening video, new stages, new music, and maybe some cool AT's.

Keru_Shiri said:
Did anyone else scan the sticker video very closely for another slip up? :lol

I think you guys missed something more obvious...

"Take The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess from the Zelda series for example. We were able to design the Smash Bros. characters by adapting them just as they were modeled for the original titles."

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Manabanana said:

"Take The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess from the Zelda series for example. We were able to design the Smash Bros. characters by adapting them just as they were modeled for the original titles."

That's what I thought too, but I think he's just referring to the trophies (since the link after it shows WW Tingle)

Fireblend

Banned
Manabanana said:

That's being discussed on the other thread. And yeah, I'm pretty sure we all might know what it means...

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Manabanana said:

I noticed that too, but then I reread and he was pretty clearly talking about trophies there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom