• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jiggy37 said:
Okay, thanks. :D You might want to edit the part of your post I took out, though... >_> I can't remember whether any of the people who got banned yesterday got banned even though they had spoiler-tagged their stuff, but I wouldn't risk it. >_>

Yes and no, Jiggy. They had em on their first few posts and then not on their latter. All the posts were edited by Sp0rsk.

Sciz

Jiggy37 said:
The thing is, if this were any other game I'd look at this nonsense and say, "Okay, there's no way the system is this complex. The throws are all probably based only on the Throwing Attack stat, the specials are all probably based only on the Specials: Direct/Indirect, and the Weapon Attack category is probably only meant to apply to A attacks that use non-sword weapons like King Dedede's hammer and Lucas' bat."
But there are two reasons I can't say that. First, it's Sakurai. :lol I'm not writing anything off. And second, there are so, so many categories of attack types that it would seem strange to me if they were really boiled down to only one attack type per move. Take Zelda's Din's Fire, for example... Is it a Magic or a Fire Attack? Why not both? Or the beloved Knee that everybody wants to return: it has elements of Leg and Electric Attack. Or Pikachu's forward air: that seems like Body + Spin + Electric.

I'm actually looking forward to the inevitable RPG-esque stats page for each character (which I'm hoping details all of their attacks as well). And I can't be certain if it's my own love of detail or if your obsession with stats is just rubbing off on me.

coreycubed

Neo Member
TreIII said:
There should be another topic you can talk about that....

There was... OH WAIT

DeNiro2.gif

MMaRsu

Banned
WiiRevolution1 said:
Gosh dang it we need a spoiler thread! Theres a new video which shows off the end of the DK stage...but I can't post it because I don't wanna get bant ._.

PM it to me please!!

shaft said:
you lived under a rock? They announced it for christmas 2009.

You know where I live :lol

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
I think this thread has given us all a new appreciation for stats.

I, for one, can't wait to start tweaking my sticker configurations to my heart's content.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Good morning everyone.

For the 100th time, take your spoilers to another forum.

and no, spoiler tagging things won't save you.

sp0rsk said:
Good morning everyone.

Are you typing this on your iPhone from the line in front of the Japanese equivalent of Gamestop?

TreIII

sp0rsk said:
Good morning everyone.

Nagamasa-sama...errr...I mean, sp0rsk.

Any way, as I was questioning earlier, do you have any idea if the "Firmware update error" is true or not?

sprsk

Nothings open now, I'll be able to check around 4 in the afternoon.

I just woke up, what firmware update error?

Fireblend

Banned
sp0rsk said:
Nothings open now, I'll be able to check around 4 in the afternoon.

If it was indeed out for sale somewhere we would have already received some definitive confirmation, no? I find it unlikely everyone's having so much fun playing there's not even one intro video up on youtube if the release date has been broken...

Anyway, good luck finding it sp0rsk. May you enjoy it and give us impressions and spoilers for the good of all of us and Jiggy's mental sanity.

sprsk

shaft said:
looks like a Japanese store.

There are thousands of stores in Japan.

None of which are open.

Most likely that picture was taken by someone who works at one of those stores during closing last night.

TreIII

sp0rsk said:

Talking about this:

10045988053.jpg

This legit? From what Smash Boards was talking about, this gives off a "shortcut" method to bypass the error...but I dunno much else beyond what this thing talks about.

sp0rsk said:
There are thousands of stores in Japan.

None of which are open.

Most likely that picture was taken by someone who works at one of those stores during closing last night.

hmm probably. At least 1 store must have this game in their shelves! Are the Japanese shops strict with the releasedate, or are they like in Holand releasing games 2/3 days before the official date?

sprsk

The text is too small, but it looks like it says
A. This game requires an update.
B. The second part is about if the game still doesn't start after the update.

sprsk

shaft said:
hmm probably. At least 1 store must have this game in their shelves! Are the Japanese shops strict with the releasedate, or are they like in Holand releasing games 2/3 days before the official date?

Some do, some don't.

Jiggy

Going through the veterans one by one and remembering all of their moves (which I can't; I'm gonna have to play Melee for a refresher course on some of the moves that I don't remember because I haven't seen anyone use them in five years :lol) has convinced me that there's gotta be at least a couple stickers for Tail Attack, even though that's never been confirmed. Between Pikachu, Fox, and Yoshi, there are too many tail attacks for that not to be a stat--unless they just lumped it in with Body, but then they might as well not have had separate categories for Slash and Weapon either.

TreIII

sp0rsk said:
The text is too small, but it looks like it says
A. This game requires an update.
B. The second part is about if the game still doesn't start after the update.

*nods* Alright, so it's basically the same thing that I got. Ty.

jamesinclair said:
128 blocks?

SSBM used 11. Thats insane

We got more stuff to factor in, though. Stage builder, save slots for SSE mode...all of that requires space...

sprsk

It seems like the update error is only for people who bought their Wii's after last summer, and or haven't updated their systems in a while. I have the Wii Fit update, so I should be cool.

If DeDeDe turns out to be a top tier character and MetaKnight as well, I'm really going to resent Sakurai for doing that. It seems sort of selfish for him to add two kirby characters and make them so good.

edit: we'll have to wait and see though. Obviously we have no tiers yet and haven't seen match-ups between characters

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
layzie1989 said:
If DeDeDe turns out to be a top tier character and MetaKnight as well, I'm really going to resent Sakurai for doing that. It seems sort of selfish for him to add two kirby characters and make them so good.
snort

Guled

layzie1989 said:
Pokemon, Mario, and Zelda has 3 reps or more, whats wrong with Kirby having 3?

farnham

Banned
layzie1989 said:
the kirby series was underrepresented in the previous games..

saleswise kirby is right behind mario and pokemon...

layzie1989 said:

edit: we'll have to wait and see though. Obviously we have no tiers yet and haven't seen match-ups between characters

I would be very surprised to see an ultra-heavy character in the top tier. As players get better and better, quicker characters have an inherent advantage over stronger ones.

Sciz

Fans have been asking for Dedede and Meta Knight since SSB64. Dedede has been planned for the series since SSB64.

I won't begrudge Sakurai any satisfaction he derives from finally giving in to his fans.

TreIII

sp0rsk said:
It seems like the update error is only for people who bought their Wii's after last summer, and or haven't updated their systems in a while. I have the Wii Fit update, so I should be cool.

Hm, ok.

Of course...that only leaves me to wonder about play-asia's stock. Unless it was some old unit, from a year ago, sitting around their warehouse(s), I should be ok...I would hope. :lol

TreIII

layzie1989 said:
I just don't have a great connection to the Kirby series

If you're some poor soul who doesn't see the pure fun in the likes of Kirby Super Star...well, I dunno what to say... :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom