• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally watched that movie at work today. Well half-watched it. It was on TV behind me. Stupid busy Mondays...

Edit: sp0rsk, do you get AMC in Japan? It's on right now. Yes, I just asked about getting American Movie Classics in Japan.

Jiggy

Things I'm hoping for within a couple days (although obviously most of it wouldn't show up or be discussed anywhere in this thread):

-Photo proof of the full roster
-A complete list of new stages, and returning stages
-Descriptions and/or videos of all Event Matches
-Finding out which moves I'll call cheap every time just to be annoying
-A good number of the post-match bonus point awards listed out
-Knowing what the statistics page looks like and what it tracks :D :D
-Knowing whether Stamina matches have adjustable health
-Match videos that show me whether I'll enjoy Mushroomy Kingdom, PictoChat, Battleship Halberd, or Delfino Plaza the most as far as scrolling stages go
-Someone unlocking a special brawl that allows sticker powerups in multiplayer
-Watching videos or at least screenshots of all the color changes for all the characters
-The intro video
-The tutorial videos
-Finding out if Board the Platforms is back, and whether it has a Board the Platforms Creator
-Finding out if there's an Event Match Creator

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Jiggy37 said:
Things I'm hoping for within a couple days (although obviously most of it wouldn't show up or be discussed anywhere in this thread):

I just want to find out if it works on a mod chip or not.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
So since I'm so cool and all, I was talking to Matty Cass about Brawl. So we were having a decent conversation, but then he got silent when I asked him about when the Brawl demo would come stateside. I will personally take that silence as very soon.

scottnak

Guled said:
If he had it, he wouldn't be here. He be busy recording the intro video for us :D
Nah. He'd probably keep playing. Then, by for some odd reason, stops, and then purposely not record the intro video, and instead compile a slideshow of Opoona Ascii pictures. Effectively Opoona-rolling us?

MisterHero

Guled said:
If he had it, he wouldn't be here. He be busy recording the intro video for us :D
Sp0rsk is catatonic because a certain character showed up.

So no, don't expect him for a few weeks. And even then it might just be Sp0rks' pre-programmed AI to moderate GAF in the event of cataclysms (gojira attacks, etc.).

Jiggy

You people are losing sanity faster than I do when I have conversations with my avatar.

Edit: But since I'm at the top of a page and you aren't, I guess you'll end up looking better. >_>

Crushed

Fry Daddy
woah woah woah that was just like Smash Bros. MINDGAMES

M I N D G A M E S

11reued.jpg

Fireblend

Banned
Predicting intro video tonight, again, and I will continue to do so until we get it.
Damn crushed makes me laugh more than I should :lol how is he a junior member and has twice my number of posts btw o_O

Fireblend said:
Predicting intro video tonight, again, and I will continue to do so until we get it.
Damn crushed makes me laugh more than I should :lol how is he a junior member and has twice my number of posts btw o_O
Can you imagine if Crushed had the power to create threads? This is why. :)

Fireblend said:
He will forever be a Junior Member! Kinda makes you feel bad for the guy... ... :lol

NeonZ

JonathanEx said:
Well, we've also seen on the Donkey/Diddy bit you choose which one of the two you play as there. Everything so far points to there being preset characters, so far it's been 2 of them each time, and you choose one of them.

Not really.... : / Why does everyone forgot the party selection screen shown in the dojo? That wouldn't exist if there was no way to select a character. The selection is limited, but it isn't entirely level based, I think.

We haven't even seen any videos showing any progress through the world map yet (where that menu is supposed to be)...

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Keru_Shiri said:
Can you imagine if Crushed had the power to create threads? This is why. :)
MindCollizion said:
He will forever be a Junior Member! Kinda makes you feel bad for the guy... ... :lol

...I can make threads, you guys. I'm not really a junior, it's just a tag.

Crushed said:
...I can make threads, you guys. I'm not really a junior, it's just a tag.
I'd ask you to prove it, but I'm not sure I'd like the results. o_O
Plus, it's not a stretch considering how Drinky used to be "banned."

gwiz210 said:
My prediction for tonight is: Returning stages n64 Edition.
-Peach's Castle
-Hyrule Castle
-Saffron City
I see you found my list of "Stages to make in Stage Builder."

Jiggy

Oh yeah, predictions. How could I forget? Tuesday is the champion of these things: double updates, assist trophies, Poke Balls, and music. Ultimately, I predict that today will be an in-depth look at the Data section, as well as a remix of the Shop Channel music that will play as you peruse the glamorous info found therein.

Megaton on Wednesday.

sorry, I know this is completely out of nowhere, but I was wondering if anyone could help me with getting better at Smash Bros. I actually don't own any Smash Bros games right now, since I traded in Melee in anticipation of Brawl, but I do remember being fairly inadequate at preventing others from recovering without falling off of stages myself. is there a certain, more effective way of doing it that I might be missing?

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
I'm predicting another subsection of the main menu will be covered today. Sakurai implied this in the last update.

In fact, I'll go along with Jigs and guess the Data section. It seems likely at this point.

MisterHero

bigmakstudios said:
sorry, I know this is completely out of nowhere, but I was wondering if anyone could help me with getting better at Smash Bros. I actually don't own any Smash Bros games right now, since I traded in Melee in anticipation of Brawl, but I do remember being fairly inadequate at preventing others from recovering without falling off of stages myself. is there a certain, more effective way of doing it that I might be missing?
use your opponent's recovery time to get in more attacks because they are open(especially Fox/Falco during their Up+B). if you have a tough time keeping them from recovering to the edge, just build up their damage and smash them when the time is right

Chumly

Jiggy37 said:
Oh yeah, predictions. How could I forget? Tuesday is the champion of these things: double updates, assist trophies, Poke Balls, and music. Ultimately, I predict that today will be an in-depth look at the Data section, as well as a remix of the Shop Channel music that will play as you peruse the glamorous info found therein.

Megaton on Wednesday.

bigmakstudios said:
It's tough for anyone to do. I know this is the area I have most trouble with as well. The best thing I can say is:

First: Become comfortable with your characters jumping and falling. Learn how far and high your character can jump and how quickly they fall. This way you'll know how much time you have to work with.

Second: You can also edge hog to prevent an opponent from reaching the edge. This keeps you relatively safe from risk, unless the opponent can hit you with their Up + B. Practice clinging on to the edge while your opponents recover, and you'll eventually get the hang of moving out of the way at just the right time to both prevent them from recovering and keep you from getting hit as well. Be warned though, Brawl looks like it'll be more lenient with edges so you may have to relearn this strategy, but so will everyone else. :D

Jiggy

I actually think this week will include rundowns of all six menu choices except for Options (since we already had that). Vault yesterday, Data today, Wi-Fi tomorrow, Solo on Thursday, Group on Friday.

Meloche

As awesome as they look, these menus were not designed with the GameCube controller first in mind. Big friendly buttons are greater for the pointer, but I'd take Melee's sleek list system over Brawl's bubbles any day. I don't expect it, not by a long shot, but it would be quite awesome if there was an alternate menu style that could be selected for those people using the classic controller / gcn controller that was more navigable using an analog stick.

Yes, this is how awesome Brawl is. The only thing I can find to complain about is the menu UI, and even then I can only do it half-heartedly. Really, really want to see that intro movie. :(

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
Jiggy37 said:
I actually think this week will include rundowns of all six menu choices except for Options (since we already had that). Vault yesterday, Data today, Wi-Fi tomorrow, Solo on Thursday, Group on Friday.
I certainly hope Sakurai can do better than that for the last few days that the Dojo updates are actually relevant. After the game is out in Japan the only thing I'm interested in from the site is seeing high quality screenshots of the rest of the characters.

Jiggy

Zek said:
I certainly hope Sakurai can do better than that for the last few days that the Dojo updates are actually relevant. After the game is out in Japan the only thing I'm interested in from the site is seeing high quality screenshots of the rest of the characters.
Oh, I'm definitely not excluding the possibility of other more important updates coming alongside them. :D I already called some kind of megaton for tomorrow, and I'll go ahead and call an unlockable character for Thursday (or whenever the Solo day is, but I've called that for Thursday), someone who's unlocked in one of the Solo modes.

As for screenshots... I expect that soon after Brawl's release the Dojo may hold a screenshot contest, having players send in pictures for a shot at having them hosted on the Dojo site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom