• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireblend

Banned
You know, if that asteroid that's going by earth late tonight by some random chance hits us, we won't get to play Brawl because we'll be dead :(

Jiggy

Fireblend said:
You know, if that asteroid that's going by earth late tonight by some random chance hits us, we won't get to play Brawl because we'll be dead :(
Pshh, in AW: Days of Ruin the world got hit with multiple asteroids and only 90% of the population died.

Fireblend said:

We had a storm last night and there is a big giant shitty old tree next to the house.

It's not uncommon for giant old trees to fall down during storms and crush houses in this area.

I said "I'm going to be so fucking pissed off if that tree falls and kills me before Smash Brawl comes out."

My sister looked at me like I had just said the most ridiculous thing in the world.

When I initially said it, I honestly didn't see anything wrong with my remark.

The electricity went out, and I spent the rest of the night watching Brawl demo videos on my ZEN.

I think I have a problem.

Jiggy37 said:
Pshh, in AW: Days of Ruin the world got hit with multiple asteroids and only 90% of the population died.

Yeah, at least a few of us will survive. If that happens, we march on Nintendo.

SuperAngelo64 said:
We had a storm last night and there is a big giant shitty old tree next to the house.

It's not uncommon for giant old trees to fall down during storms and crush houses in this area.

I said "I'm going to be so fucking pissed off if that tree falls and kills me before Smash Brawl comes out."

My sister looked at me like I had just said the most ridiculous thing in the world.

There's something wrong with that? :D

Jiggy

crowphoenix said:
Yeah, at least a few of us will survive. If that happens, we march on Nintendo.
Hey, if they're in need of employees, I'll gladly sign up. Then I can play alpha builds of Smash Bros. 4 in 2015.

...W-wait. We need to protect Sakurai from the asteroid! D: Everything is lost unless he survives!

TreIII

SuperAngelo64 said:

The electricity went out, and I spent the rest of the night watching Brawl demo videos on my ZEN.

No, the REAL problem is that you didn't consider the option of just "Shielding" the tree if it tries to fall on you. The tree is just a falling object! YOU have Frame Advantage on your side! :lol

Proven

NeonZ said:
Not really.... : / Why does everyone forgot the party selection screen shown in the dojo? That wouldn't exist if there was no way to select a character. The selection is limited, but it isn't entirely level based, I think.

We haven't even seen any videos showing any progress through the world map yet (where that menu is supposed to be)...

First, watch this: http://youtube.com/watch?v=728BnDcgnx4

What I'm guessing is that the opening levels have set characters you can start with. Later in the game, when the heroes start banding together and march on for their comeback, then you'll be able to choose your party before you enter a level. There's also a possibility that you can just replay levels some levels and when you do that you can choose a party order before you start as you'll have characters that weren't originally playable then.

webrunner

Once we were using someone's cottage out in the woods, and there was a tree that somehow grew to be a MONSTER GIGANTO tree on top of a fucking ROCK. It fell during the night and when I woke up my window had nothing but tree in it. That really freaked me out.

Sciz

Jiggy37 said:
Hey, if they're in need of employees, I'll gladly sign up. Then I can play alpha builds of Smash Bros. 4 in 2015.

...W-wait. We need to protect Sakurai from the asteroid! D: Everything is lost unless he survives!

Sakurai will be fine. He's thought of everything, after all.

TreIII said:
No, the REAL problem is that you didn't consider the option of just "Shielding" the tree if it tries to fall on you. The tree is just a falling object! YOU have Frame Advantage on your side! :lol

I want to make a joke about powershielding a falling tree in a forest, but I can't think of a punchline.

Jiggy

Sciz said:
Sakurai will be fine. He's thought of everything, after all.
That's true. The Smash Bros. Brawl Automated Force Field System will kick in. Alien invasion, tsunami in Japan, asteroid colliding with the Earth--it's all good.

Jiggy37 said:

It'll be ok. He and the rest of the Nintendo elite will be safe and sound aboard the Nintendo Space Station.

Jiggy

crowphoenix said:
It'll be ok. He and the rest of the Nintendo elite will be safe and sound aboard the Nintendo Space Station.
Well, they aren't rising to heaven until after Brawl comes out. But it'll be okay anyway due to the Smash Bros. Brawl Automated Force Field System.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Linkzg said:
so...who is gonna make the Official Brawl Thread for japanese gamers?
ARGH THREADS I HATE THREADS MAKE A NEW THREAD IF YOU WANT A THREAD I LOVE THREADS BUT I'LL LOCK IT I HATE THREADS

TreIII said:

I tried to use "Advanced Techniques" but it still broke my leg.

Crushed said:
ARGH THREADS I HATE THREADS MAKE A NEW THREAD IF YOU WANT A THREAD I LOVE THREADS BUT I'LL LOCK IT I HATE THREADS

It'll be ok, Crushed. That info's coming. Now where did I put those sedatives?

Edit: I have decided that from today forward, until the release of Brawl, I am going to submerge myself in the great Nintendo classics that made Smash Bros what it is. Tonight, I begin with Twilight Princess. Maybe tomorrow I'll move to Super Metroid.

Akai

SuperAngelo64 said:
I tried to use "Advanced Techniques" but it still broke my leg.
Better that than your wrist...Hell, you could use that as an excuse to do nothing but play it when it comes out...

Crushed said:

im just wondering because in another thread someone said that it was already decided by mods or something that there would be a Smash thread for japanese gamers and all that and the game came out, so yeah.

Cowie

bigmakstudios said:
sorry, I know this is completely out of nowhere, but I was wondering if anyone could help me with getting better at Smash Bros. I actually don't own any Smash Bros games right now, since I traded in Melee in anticipation of Brawl, but I do remember being fairly inadequate at preventing others from recovering without falling off of stages myself. is there a certain, more effective way of doing it that I might be missing?

Edgeguarding is, unfortunately, a pretty difficult thing to master, because of how situational it is. The proper edgeguarding technique varies by the character you're playing as, the character your opponent is, the way in which your opponent is recovering, and sometimes even the stage. The easiest thing to say is to just stand by the edge, charge up a forward or down smash, and punish them if they don't grab the edge perfectly. It's not foolproof, and there are characters this isn't the best approach for or against, but without any better knowledge thats the best i can say. Other than that, its about learning the strengths and limitations of your character, and the recovery patterns of your opponent. Some characters take a large and predictable arc, and are vulnerable throughout the majority of their attack (captain falcon and ganondorf), while others pretty much just disappear and reappear grabbing the ledge(sheik). If you want to start jumping out and stuffing your opponents, it really comes to knowing your character. Figure out how far down you can go and still recover with a second jump and then your third jump, or just a second jump. You want to be able to recover reliably, so find a comfort zone for now. The other thing to check is how laggy the move you want to do is. Can you get more than one off in a single jump? How soon after you do it can you jump or up b again? Does it send opponents in a good direction? (i.e. away or down from, not up or towards the stage). This isn't always feasible with all characters. And remember that most third jumps are attacks too, so they're not helpless out there. With brawl coming so soon, and your melee gone, i guess there's not much point in me going in much more depth, or even having gone into this much. Still, I hope it helped.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
crowphoenix said:
Edit: I have decided that from today forward, until the release of Brawl, I am going to submerge myself in the great Nintendo classics that made Smash Bros what it is. Tonight, I begin with Twilight Princess. Maybe tomorrow I'll move to Super Metroid.
huh

Sharp

crowphoenix said:
It'll be ok, Crushed. That info's coming. Now where did I put those sedatives?

Save Super Metroid for last so it doesn't make the other games look too bad.

Crushed said:

:lol Don't worry, Crushed. I have all the Zelda's so the others will be getting some Love too.

Sharp said:
Save Super Metroid for last so it doesn't make the other games look too bad.

Your logic is sound. Then what shall tomorrows game be? Hmmm. This also means I must buy Ice Climbers and play for at least an hour. I shall do it for Brawl.

What's the one and only thing you guys want to know about Brawl?

I want to know if the Chronicles section works like Trophies - has descriptions of the game, some screens, boxarts, etc. And on top of that, the ability to see all the content that was taken from those games.

Also, it'd be awesome if you could organize by genre, release date, developer, publisher, series, etc.

Jiggy

OliveJuice said:
If it's Jiggy, there is.
Truth! Not joining the debate club is among my five greatest regrets of my time in high school. :( Argue everything on every side every time, baby! Consider all possibilities--we're giving a fair shot to being too skeptical of skepticism to give skepticism a fair shot!

Jiggy

I'm not sure even sp0rsk could consider the intro video to be a spoiler, since it's literally the first thing you could see after turning on the game...
Edit: But that's not the problem, really. It's that it's not a Dojo-related thing, so it's probably not for the Dojo thread. >_>

Stuneseht

Akai said:
Intro is out on NicoNico...but it contains spoilers of sorts...Should I post it anyway? =)
Just to be safe, No.
Sp0rsks' only wants things that have been officially announced discussed within this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom