• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

Awesome that trophies are still in. It's going to take me ages to unlock everything. :D

And is that the alien banana from DK Jungle Climbers in that last screen? Very topical.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Food item is confirmed!

Snake is hiding under the box trophy I see.

For those who thought there could be more designs for crates and barrels, the trophy seems to suggest there is only the three. Of course this is Sakurai we're talking about, so we can expect there to be TWO crates and barrels trophies.

Haunted One said:
Awesome that trophies are still in. It's going to take me ages to unlock everything. :D

And is that the alien banana from DK Jungle Climbers in that last screen? Very topical.

The bigger acheivement in Melee was getting all 60 special messages. I've only gotten 55 myself.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Son of Godzilla said:
I don't see how this update can be construed as anything but disappointing news, confirmation that not all trophies shall be assists.

I can't understand how you could possibly think all trophies WOULD become assists.

HYRULE CASTLE ASSIST!

Haunted

AniHawk said:
cel-shaded Tingle = sign of TWW young link perhaps?
Certainly possible. It's a sign that they haven't forgotten Wind Waker.

Firestorm said:
Interesting how all the screenies use the superior GameCube controller.
Good thing you caught your mistake before posting and striked that out. :p

usea

Son of Godzilla said:
I don't see how this update can be construed as anything but disappointing news, confirmation that not all trophies shall be assists.
WTF who thought that? That's stupid.

ohamsie

various05_070924c-l.jpg

This says it is listing by series.... does the 35 in the upper corner mean there are 35 series to choose from?

AMUSIX

Can I cheer now? I can't say how thrilled I am to have Trophies back...was so scared that Stickers was going to be it....now...wow..just wow....I see I won't be doing anything for months and months...

Also, did anyone notice?

various05_070924c-l.jpg

It keeps track of how many of each trophy you get. So I guess there's a point this time to getting the same ones more than once.

...I just know I'm going to max them out. :(

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Haunted One said:
bananalien.jpg

Sporting the exact same position.

SantaC said:
This says it is listing by series.... does the 35 in the upper corner mean there are 35 series to choose from?
Probably just how man their willing to show/have at the time.
Remember trophies dealt into the worlds of obscure Nintendo titles, don't expect 35 to be the maximum.

I think even the non-skeptics will end up having their minds blown by how deep this game is likely to be.

Son of Godzilla said:

How do you know you won't be able to scroll through all assists when viewing it's category? or maybe you earn trophies of them and they add into there. Don't doubt Sakurai and the Super Team.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Haunted One said:
Certainly possible. It's a sign that they haven't forgotten Wind Waker.

OR low-poly WW tingle shows signs of the dev team not taking WW seriously, simply posing models from WW for trophies.

Jiggy

ShockingAlberto said:
It keeps track of how many of each trophy you get. So I guess there's a point this time to getting the same ones more than once.
It did that before. I think I had like 13 Jigglypuffs for playing through Adventure Mode. >_>

JDSN

Banned
I really want to see Wind Waker Link as a fighter, it would make a great contrast like Game and Watch, but minus the sucking.

Was there even a stickers=no trophies argument? He did mention that there'd be trophies in that stickers update.

Lots of Zelda trophies, but no assist ones. So close.

Haunted

superbank said:
OR low-poly WW tingle shows signs of the dev team not taking WW seriously, simply posing models from WW for trophies.
The trophy could also go through as a 3D adaptation of the Tingle in Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland, so maybe it's just the closest 3D representation of the modern Tingle they have.

I choose to believe, though. :D

JDSN said:
I really want to see Wind Waker Link as a fighter, it would make a great contrast like Game and Watch, but minus the sucking.
Mr. Game & Watch is awesome, I don't know what you're talking about.

Big Icarus said:
Was there even a stickers=no trophies argument? He did mention that there'd be trophies in that stickers update.
Listen.

People argue about everything here.

There's so much "But Sakurai said this, which implies..." vs. "But Sakurai didn't explicitly say this, so it's probably not in" that it's fucking maddening.

We have people in this very thread that have said Luigi might not make it in because he hasn't been revealed yet. Luigi!

Jiggy

Firestorm said:
Yes. Mistake, not fear of the crazy peoples, mistake. Of course.
You now have a <3 from Haunted One and me.
But classic controller will be better.

Big Icarus said:
Yeah, some people figured that the wording might have meant that stickers in SSBB would be easier to collect than trophies in SSBM.
But those people probably haven't played Kirby Super Star. Collectible Nintendo items have been sort of a Sakurai staple since then, even though they had no descriptions at the time.

Chumly

With the confirmation of trophies we know have

Stickers

CD's

Trophies

To all collect.

In addition we have the countless unlockable stages, characters, items or assist trophies. Its gonna take forever to get everything.

Jiggy

ShockingAlberto said:
We have people in this very thread that have said Luigi might not make it in because he hasn't been revealed yet. Luigi!
Okay, I don't remember any such thing, but you have 100+ more posts in here than me--so this probably means that I thought it was so ludicrous that I pushed it out of my mind.

Luigi being out. :lol I don't think I've laughed at an opinion in months, but... Luigi being out. Oh man.

Jiggy37 said:
Okay, I don't remember any such thing, but you have 100+ more posts in here than me--so this probably means that I thought it was so ludicrous that I pushed it out of my mind.

Luigi being out. :lol I don't think I've laughed at an opinion in months, but... Luigi being out. Oh man.
To be fair, I'm pretty sure it was quickly dismissed at being nuts.

Haunted

And that Pikmin enemy trophy proves nothing concerning Captain Olimar. Not giving up hope, though!

Jiggy37 said:

I think that was me. :D (or at least I was participating in the madness) - joking, though.

All the characters from the original Smash will return, I'm sure of that.

Jiggy

Well, now you've gone and ruined the fun. :(
Still, I wouldn't be surprised if somebody out there somewhere sincerely believed Luigi will be out. Probably just need to wander about GameFAQs for ten minutes.

Chumly said:
With the confirmation of trophies we know have

Stickers

CD's

Trophies

To all collect.

In addition we have the countless unlockable stages, characters, items or assist trophies. Its gonna take forever to get everything.

Man, I forgot about those CD's. I will probably be putting in more single-player time into this game than any JRPG or any other game I'll play this year. Scary. There is so much stuff in this game.

Chumly

Big Icarus said:
Man, I forgot about those CD's. I will probably be putting in more single-player time into this game than any JRPG or any other game I'll play this year. Scary. There is so much stuff in this game.
CD's even unlock music from what it says which is gonna be awesome. Those are a definite collect although for right now it seems they might be just random although we will see when the game comes out.

DavidDayton said:
I can't understand how you could possibly think all trophies WOULD become assists.

HYRULE CASTLE ASSIST!
Why not? You have no imagination. A Hyrule Temple Assist might be the only way we get a unique level in this game!

Proelite all GAF MEGA Threads have an end... I predict this will be locked a week before the game is out in favor of a launch thread :(

SuperAngelo64 said:
2313.jpg

SPM SPOILER:
I just got to this part in the game today. Was surprised to see him as a brainwashed enemy

Hmm that does look sweet... I have been so busy to buy these games I've been wanting to play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom