• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotWii

Banned
fernoca said:
Probably more like..
MULTIPLAYER MODE

You can pick up to 4 characters at the same time

Look at them flying

This is so exciting!
It'll happen eventually because it's a mode...

gimz

i know tomorrow's update

Kirby can transform to different forms!

then the next few days will be each different forms of Kirby

WastingPenguins said:
smbscreen009ku6.jpg
pikachu_070606c-l.jpg

Is he performing the same move in those two screens?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
So I'm guessing he'll do Fox and Samus next for the veteran characters? I don't think we've heard about anybody else returning yet (although some are obvious I suppose, like DK).

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Alkaliine said:
nah, pretty sure the move on the left (The SSBM picture) picture is his neutral B move, while in the right picture (Brawl), it's his forward smash

Alkaliine said:
Yes, sort of. Still the same neutral B move, but it looks like the Brawl pic has Pikachu in the air, which makes the attack looks more like an orb until it hits the ground.

ant1532

Banned
So basically the rest character updates should be interesting. (2 more Veteran characters we know that are already in left to be shown but they imo should be more intriguing[Fox and Samus] and the rest are Newcomers)

GaimeGuy said:
nah, pretty sure the move on the left (The SSBM picture) picture is his neutral B move, while in the right picture (Brawl), it's his forward smash

Yes, sort of. Still the same neutral B move, but it looks like the Brawl pic has Pikachu in the air, which makes the attack looks more like an orb until it hits the ground.

:\

Well I thought both looked like his thunderball move, which I'm pretty sure is his neutral B move. It just that the top screen kinda looked like his thunder attack, but yeah, I think it's the thunderball thing.

If it is, I must say the particle and lighting effects for this move have improved heaps. It looks amazing in that image.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
This updates ok because we have lots of pictures.

Pikachu is improved but I'm not sure about Kirby. Kirby needs some more facial expressions. Mainly angry ones. How are they gonna sell this in the US?

I like this one:
kirby_070606d-l.jpg

DeceitDecide said:
One tiny nugget of new information (unless I'm drastically mistaken). Look very closely at the screenshot in which Kirby is using his sword (Up+B move). Particularly, concentrate on the background. That appears to be the area of Isle Delfino where the statue used to be (circa SMS). This is where the entrance to the first level was, if I recall correctly. Look here: http://media.cube.ign.com/media/016/016713/img_1532570.html

So, the new information: we now know another one of the landing spots for the Isle Delfino stage!

Wheres the statue? edit: Sorry, I see what you were saying. They removed the statue.

stage02_070601c-l.jpg

kirby_070606b-l.jpg

Looks like thats the same landing point.

I don't know if anyone pointed it out but the top of the tower where that big shine is is 100% a landing point. Theres even extended ledges (that I don't remember from sunshine) for more ground.

stage02_070601a-l.jpg

ShockingAlberto said:

Because this thread, like every other goddamn SSB thread in existence, is nothing more than people jerking it in totally worthwhile arguements (FOX > FALCO!, WAVE DASHING IS INTEGRAL!, WE KNOW A NEW LOCATION IN DELFINO PLAZA WHERE THE PLATFORM LANDS, and so on) YOU SIR ARE WRONG!. Pikachu always fires off that orb regardless of lactation, it just usually hits the ground really fast when on the ground. He's on the ground in the Brawl pic, he just happens to be on a platform ledge so when it fires it's still a ball.

ant1532

Banned
superbank said:
Pikachu is improved but I'm not sure about Kirby. Kirby needs some more facial expressions. Mainly angry ones.
It's probably the US version you know Kirby is always mad in the US!

touch-kirby-ds-jp.jpg
674757.jpg

airride_box_jap.JPG
KirbyAirRide_GC.jpg

149fs927855.jpg
149fs927923.jpg

ant1532 said:
So basically the rest character updates should be interesting. (2 more Veteran characters we know that are already in left to be shown but they imo should be more intriguing[Fox and Samus] and the rest are Newcomers)

Do people like Samus' current model? To me I would rather her Prime 3 model, rather than the one in the Brawl E3 trailer which was kinda Super Metroid-ish.

super-smash-bros-brawl-20060510074459623_thumb.jpg

metroid-prime-3-corruption-20060509000454051_thumb.jpg

Jiggy

WastingPenguins said:
The only disappointing thing about getting TWO character profiles is that these two particular characters look exactly like they always have. Too bad they couldn't have done something with Pika to make him look fuzzier or something.
I'd be freaked out if Pikachu had fur, personally. >_>

GaimeGuy said:
No, jigglypuff has creepy eyes.

jigglypuff.jpg
I think I'm going to crop and avatarize this. But not tonight.

ant1532

Banned
superbank said:
I don't know if anyone pointed it out but the top of the tower where that big shine is is 100% a landing point. Theres even extended ledges (that I don't remember from sunshine) for more ground.

stage02_070601a-l.jpg
Nice call! Did not see that! Definitely a landing point!

superbank said:
This updates ok because we have lots of pictures.

Pikachu is improved but I'm not sure about Kirby. Kirby needs some more facial expressions. Mainly angry ones. How are they gonna sell this in the US?

I like this one:
kirby_070606d-l.jpg

Is that lightning in the background?

Looks like thats the same landing point.

stage02_070601a-l.jpg

Awesome pickup.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
ant1532 said:

Kirby requires smoldering generic rage to gain acceptance in North America.

Dr.Hadji

At first I thought they would redesign the old character a bit but going off of these new shots......... I'm starting to lose hope.

Speevy

Banned
You know, they should really just expose the entire game and its characters on one day, perhaps in July during "E3". I'd rather have that than this stuff.

Speevy said:
You know, they should really just expose the entire game and its characters on one day, perhaps in July during "E3". I'd rather have that than this stuff.

Really? I think this is pretty great stuff, I mean we're learning something new nearly every weekday and getting tons of screens. Not all of its great info but some of it so far (eg: Delfino Plaza, Yoshi music, composer's list, Gooey Bomb, etc) has been pretty nice.

What stage is that? Paper Mario or Yoshi's Island?

Yoshi's Island stage.

superbank

ant1532 said:

Ah damn, they even did it to squeak squad! NOA is crazy.

Alkaliine said:
Is that lightning in the background?

The lightning looks like its in the foreground to me.

I think that might be Warios reactions to being hit. :lol Or he was about to do a move but got stopped by Kirby.

superbank said:
Ah damn, they even did it to squeak squad! NOA is crazy.

The lightning looks like its in the foreground to me.

I think that might be Warios reactions to being hit. :lol Or he was about to do a move but got stopped by Kirby.
It's probably what happens when two attacks clash.

Very disappointing, those new screenshots.
I mean...of course you cant tell exactly, but...to me it looks as if the "impact feeling" of attacks is the same as in Melee, which i hated. Kirby is going to be a loser again :-/
I want back the impact feeling of SSB64, where an enemy was kicked away with some buzz, when you hit him...no matter how much percent he already had.

Also, Kirby has his exact same moves, that´s really disappointing.

superbank

ShockingAlberto said:
It's probably what happens when two attacks clash.

Maybe, but it wasn't like that in the other games.

I'm putting my bet on it being Warios reaction to being hit. Like its more comical and overdone with his expression + lightning effects around him when he gets hit hard.

MasterMFauli said:
I mean...of course you cant tell exactly, but...to me it looks as if the "impact feeling" of attacks is the same as in Melee, which i hated. Kirby is going to be a loser again :-/
I want back the impact feeling of SSB64, where an enemy was kicked away with some buzz, when you hit him...no matter how much percent he already had.

You got that impression from these screens? Not a bit too presumptious?

I agree that Kirby having the same exact moves is a tad disappointing but then again he can copy all-new characters as well so it's not all old.

MasterMFauli said:

that was enough for us

Does anyone else really like the look of the Delfino Island stage?

I'm really pumped for it. It looks great in screens, should have fantastic background music, and the different landing points should be fun.

Alkaliine said:
You got that impression from these screens? Not a bit too presumptious?

Sorry, it´s SSB, my favorite gaming-series, i AM over-cautious :p

And no, it´s not only these screens, but these screens seem to make the same approach at "impact feeling" as the first 2 trailers did.
I want Kirby to bee a power-house, but if he´s the Kirby from Melee, he has weak, slow attacks and is slow himself. Hit someone and then get hit a lot more by the enemy. Kirby was my number one in 64, he´s one of the worst in Melee :-(

MasterMFauli said:
Sorry, it´s SSB, my favorite gaming-series, i AM over-cautious :p

And no, it´s not only these screens, but these screens seem to make the same approach at "impact feeling" as the first 2 trailers did.
I want Kirby to bee a power-house, but if he´s the Kirby from Melee, he has weak, slow attacks and is slow himself. Hit someone and then get hit a lot more by the enemy. Kirby was my number one in 64, he´s one of the worst in Melee :-(

I think he was downgraded a bit in Melee because some people complained that Kirby was too good in the original.

Hopefully he's more balanced this time around. Don't give up hope just yet. :)

NotWii

Banned
MasterMFauli said:
but...to me it looks as if the "impact feeling" of attacks is the same as in Melee, which i hated. Kirby is going to be a loser again :-/
Me too.
Kirby's smash attack looks weak like Melee's :/

I'm fine with his moveset though.

GaimeGuy

MasterMFauli said:

IIRC, in a lot of the early trailers for melee, moves had the same physics to them as in the original SSB64.

NotWii

Banned
Alkaliine said:
I think he was downgraded a bit in Melee because some people complained that Kirby was too good in the original.

Just a bit? :lol

Ness got gimped too.

GaimeGuy

Alkaliine said:

A bit? Kirby received the biggest nerfing in Melee, followed closely by Ness, and a little further back by Pikachu.

Kirby was probably the #2 character in SSB64 (behind Pikachu, ahead of Ness). In Melee, he's out-tiered by everyone except Pichu and Mewtwo. Even BOWSER out-tiers Kirby in Melee.

superbank

GaimeGuy said:
A bit? Kirby received the biggest nerfing in Melee, followed closely by Ness, and a little further back by Pikachu.

Kirby was probably the #2 character in SSB64 (behind Pikachu, ahead of Ness). In Melee, he's out-tiered by everyone except Pichu and Mewtwo. Even BOWSER out-tiers Kirby in Melee.

Fox was no good?

I hope Pikachu gets an upgrade. My first character in SSB, but I didn't like him as much in Melee.

GaimeGuy said:
... I just realized something...

If they make Kirby's face look like wario's teeth-baring grin when he has wario's power, kirby's going to look ****ing creepy.

Photoshoppers get to work!

Hmmm What have we here?

killitwithfire.jpg

OMG YOU WERE RIGHT KILL IT KILL IT KILL IT

superbank

:lol

I pray the devs have a sense of humor and give Kirby more than a hat. A pink man-jaw and mustache and red nose + Kirby eyes would be hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom