• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SOCOM Confrontation - Impressions/reviews/etc

DoomGyver

If you play socom often send me a friend request psn is Full-Recovery I'm really getting into it. I had bought the bundle last year but I didn't play it much because of all the problems it had. It is a lot better now and I find the gameplay to be more fun than cod. I'll probably buy the DLC in a week or two once I've got the original maps down.

edit: and kicked again. fuuuuu

Psykotik

Full Recovery said:
I find the gameplay to be more fun than cod.

this man speaks the truth

also, don't wait to buy the DLC later. the new maps and weapons are just too awesome to wait on.

classic socom maps ftw!

the train map on breach is pretty awesome too.

Cruzader

Banned
Full Recovery said:
Fuck this community. I bought the game a day ago and I've been kicked from servers 7 or 8 times now already with 2 hours of playtime in. I did nothing wrong. They just see that i'm new so someone decides to kick and then everyone follows suit.

Fucking assholes. It takes time to pick a server, then find a match that isn't full. Then join. Then you have to wait for the longest load times of this generation. All to be kicked within minutes.

/rant

Im there with you buddy. Same shit happened to me at times. But in this case due to having an accidental death. I was trying to kill this fool in front of me but I missed all my shots since I guess I was in deep shit and then got killed from behind. So then a dead player saw what happened to me and started to talk shit and then told everyone to kick me out and they did.(I heard all the BS once I died) I was so pissed b/c that happened once all the time we were playing. We were in the 3rd round of the match and that was the only "mistake" I did. Why the fuck should I get kicked just for having a death? I think my K/D ratio in that match was like 5/2 or something. I was doing decent ffs.

Well let me say that the Socom community is full of Socom Elitests. But what I dont understand is that they themselves get killed too and its ok? but others cant die and are booted if they do(my case). WTF??? The player that was BSing and telling ppls to boot me WAS DEAD WHILE I ALIVE!!! Why kick me and not boot his own ass out of the game instead???

On my short time playing(~16-20 hours) I realize that there is always a douche socom player and his crew of 3+. As long as they have the mayority of players, they can boot whoever they please. Also dont let Clan players join your game(non clan match) or else all their clan buddies will join the running game and start to boot players that were playing there on the first fucking place!!! So if you are having a good time with some random players, dont get used to it.

If GAF wants to join a clan or just play together sometime, please contact me. I'd love to be a Socom douche and boot other clan members out of our games since they piss me off so much. No patch will ever make me come back to this shit infested community.

I wouldn't mind playing with a few of you guys, the only problem is. I can't trust my connection.:lol Sometimes it has no problems or sometimes can't even log in.

Psykotik

best (and most obvious) advice about the douche community: find a good group of people to play with and you'll have a good time.

i've been playing with the same group of guys (from a different clan) over the past year or so and it's always been good times.

we even have enough players from both of our clans to fill up an entire 16 v 16 room.

socom is great... IF you can find a good group of guys to play with all the time.

same can be said about any other game but with socom, it can't be stressed enough because of the extremely hardcore nature of the extremely douchey community.

DoomGyver

I was playing 8v8 in round 2 or 3. I got a headshot then it was 1 on 1 me and another guy. I was closing in on his location and then they kicked me from the game.

WTF

Psykotik

are you playing on US servers?

try playing in one of the JAPAN servers.

i find that japanese players are less likely to kick people out.

you probably wont be able to communicate with them much but at least you won't get kicked out (i hope).

give it a shot.

Greg

You don't need a group of people to play with... just stay away from objective-based games when you're just starting out (stick to respawn/elimination), and never join the side where a clan has majority.

I play solo 90% of the time and it's fine.

Psykotik

yeah, respawn games are pretty much kick free from my experience.

you don't get to rank up but at least you'll get some game time in.

anyhow, try out one of the japan servers and let us know how it went.

Full Recovery said:
I was playing 8v8 in round 2 or 3. I got a headshot then it was 1 on 1 me and another guy. I was closing in on his location and then they kicked me from the game.

WTF

Yeah, that happens a lot. :lol

Top Bottom