• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supernatural Season 11 |OT| No, seriously, it got awesome again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, though, there are all sorts of monsters in this world, and even early on this season, they were talking about how they were preparing for war with The Darkness. Why not get them in on it, too?

Goldrush

Well this is interesting, the whole time I was actually expecting dean to fuck everything up but then god just ended up getting rekt.

Was actually preparing to facepalm when I was expecting Dean to mess the world up for Sam again. Best plot decision in a long time was that Chuck's plan and Lucifer's plan vs Amara went perfectly. It just wasn't enough. Now, maybe for once in a long while, their brotherly love could actually make the world a better place.

Part of me feels that there is a missing explanation of them all being powerful and using a book of the damned sith lightning spell.

I enjoyed this episode, but I have gotten used to the fights being lame.

By Supernatural standard, the witches, demons, and angels teamup was pretty impressive. Usually the CGI disappears once the battle start. Going by series history, I was expecting a fistfight between Amara and the trio of Lucifer, Rowena, and Crowley.

Volimar

I watched the last episode, and serious shit went down, but I was way to drunk to absorb it all.

Recap of the consequences?

oHVL5CH.png

OK, I was expecting god to at least put up a fight. WTF?
It's pointless to beat a dead horse but it's a shame the show doesn't have a budget to go along with the story.
A fight between god and his sister, plus lucifer and every angel and demon in heaven and hell, I guess it's hard to do something like that justice but man, that didn't feel epic at all.

Also, I've been watching a rerun of the X-Files and our friend Lucifer was actually in an episode in season 7. Many of you probably know this but I had no idea.

Still can't get over how easily god went down, didn't seem to take her more effort than dispatching metatron who was just a human at that point. I'm just assuning that he changed his mind and went with his initital plan to sacrifice himself.

OnPoint

There's more to what went down than we see, I think. God has consistently been hiding information and lying the entire time. I feel like he is planning to seal both himself and Amara away together so his creation can go on and live out without their interference.

Magwik

Banned
There's more to what went down than we see, I think. God has consistently been hiding information and lying the entire time. I feel like he is planning to seal both himself and Amara away together so his creation can go on and live out without their interference.
That's how I expect things to go too

Enosh

Still can't get over how easily god went down, didn't seem to take her more effort than dispatching metatron who was just a human at that point. I'm just assuning that he changed his mind and went with his initital plan to sacrifice himself.
they said that they are equal but god needed her to be hit by demons, all of the angels, some witches and lucifer

well it can be explained that killing her would be just as easy for him to do, but that he wants to seal her up which is way harder, plus he's probably holding back quite a bit

they said that they are equal but god needed her to be hit by demons, all of the angels, some witches and lucifer

well it can be explained that killing her would be just as easy for him to do, but that he wants to seal her up which is way harder, plus he's probably holding back quite a bit

If they are equal neither of them should be able to have the upper hand unless one of them is weakened. Amara was (supposedly) weakened and still dispatched Chuck without him even putting up a fight.
Why would he hold back? He was putting the mark on her but she overpowered him before he managed to finish. When she entered the room she seemed to have been weakened significantly but then a minute later while she's taking down Chuck she seems completely fine. I dunno, hopefully today's episode will give some sense to it all.

Supernatural International?

Edit: "You're our brother, Cas."

Is Cas gonna die? Is he going to reignite the sun, Hal Jordan style?

Edit 2: Amara surprised by the sun dying too?

Begaria

Ehhhh, kind of a weak ending to a fantastic season, and it really didn't set too much up for the next season in terms of "shit goin' down!" like S10's finale did.

Somnia

No major set up for the next season per say, except we now know there are more Men of Letters.

Overall a FANTASTIC season, made me so happy to see Supernatural back in a great way.

george_us

I really liked the finale. The resolution was much different than what we're used to getting. I'd put S11 behind 5 and 4 overall and it gave us arguably the best Supernatural episode ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom