• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supernatural Season 12 |OT| Mama, I'm Coming Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elandyll

Banned
My prediction is Lucibabbeh is 'good' but the Men of Letter don't care and attempt to kill it anyway. This makes the adolescent Nephilim mad and it decides all humans must perish. The Winchesters and Co. however manage to successfully extract the being's grace after it finishes off the MoL and it just becomes a normal child to live happily ever after.
Or

What if it was always Chuck/God's plan to have Castiel as a mentor for the Nephilim, after having experienced before both the divine and the human condition, in order for the Nephilim to take over after him, restore Heaven and bring back order but with a sense of moral compassion that was lacking from his Archangels? This would allow God to retire from this side of the universe (as he is obviously tired of managing Earth).

I could see next season be about Lucifer's hunt for Cas and the Nephilim child ala Firestarter (Kelly indeed dying in childbirth) while the Winchesters have to confront the post American situation for the MOL (I can't see how a trip to England will be avoided, which will be weird for their story)..

Because it can kill almost anything. Just too bad we now won't learn what it can't kill.
It was fine for the first two seasons, when their ammo was severely limited. Do you use it now to ensure a kill, or do you save the bullet for later, when you might need it? Demons were also actually a threat back then.

But ever since Laurel Lance taught them how to make more bullets, it's been too powerful.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It was fine for the first two seasons, when their ammo was severely limited. Do you use it now to ensure a kill, or do you save the bullet for later, when you might need it? Demons were also actually a threat back then.

But ever since Laurel Lance taught them how to make more bullets, it's been too powerful.

If the bullets were harder to make it wouldn't be an issue. If making bullets required a human sacrifice and the bullets themselves were powered by souls it'd probably still work as an interesting plot device. The brothers would still be severely limited by ammo supply, they'd be iffy as it whether they should make more or not, and in using the actual bullets (is it worth using this person's sacrifice to kill this monster?).

They just made the bullets too easy to make is all. Silver bullets and some herbs is just too easy, especially considering how the gun itself was made.

I chuckled when Sam and Dean are not sure whether they can kill that pregnant woman or not because she is innocent, while they kill demons all the time and in turn kill the innocent humans they overtake while in the first couple seasons they tried to exorcise the demons to save the human.

ZeoVGM

Banned
I chuckled when Sam and Dean are not sure whether they can kill that pregnant woman or not because she is innocent, while they kill demons all the time and in turn kill the innocent humans they overtake while in the first couple seasons they tried to exorcise the demons to save the human.

They made a point to address that in the season 11 premiere and they've tried to cut back on that. Sam told Dean, "When did we forget how to do this?"

That being said, there's a difference between when they're fighting a demon who could kill them right there and killing a pure human with a baby inside her.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

They did find out that the Demons do tend to kill their hosts pretty early on in the possession, ride them hard and all that. There was a whole episode about it no one seems to remember.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
so they have sam and dean, cas; daughter and garth on watch. did anyone see who the others were?

and since dean killed the witch and shes in hell, does that mean max is still bound by the demon?

Alicia, your first mistake? Being a female character on Supernatural.

not this again. her first mistake was being a friend of the winchesters. the same thing that killed mick.

so they have sam and dean, cas; daughter and garth on watch. did anyone see who the others were?

and since dean killed the witch and shes in hell, does that mean max is still bound by the demon?

not this again. her first mistake was being a friend of the winchesters. the same thing that killed mick.
I think the girl that shot the MoL agent while trying to kill Dagon was also on screen.

Question, didn't Crowley already kill the alpha shapeshifter while trying to open purgatory? Regular shapeshifters can't just change like that, can they? Maybe I have my lore wires crossed.

They have Garth on watch I hope they don't kill him... despite his cheap exit I still like him.

Lastly I liked her why :(. I can understand why he did what he did, he lost his mom and sister but he's heading down a dark dangerous path. I wonder if mini-lucifer will recruit him.

The Hobo

So whatever happened to Toni? She hasn't been seen since the beginning of the season, and only mentioned briefly. Wasn't she supposed to be a recurring character?

Not sure why Dean shot the witch. He's basically got the king of the crossroads/hell in his back pocket so he could have let Max take the ring and then just have that deal reneged. Or am I forgetting something if their friendship ended with Crowley.

My prediction is Lucibabbeh is 'good' but the Men of Letter don't care and attempt to kill it anyway. This makes the adolescent Nephilim mad and it decides all humans must perish. The Winchesters and Co. however manage to successfully extract the being's grace after it finishes off the MoL and it just becomes a normal child to live happily ever after.

I feel like having the BMOL existing to serve as a catalyst for such an event highlights my problem with the themes of this season, when it comes to "justice vs compassion". It comes across as too cartoonish and downplays what could be a fairly compelling topic where hunters wonder about the "right way" to deal with the "bad guys" they are lead to eliminate as part of their job. Instead, it's portrayed as "Sam and Dean = good. Those that appose them = bad" when I think there's more that could've been done with the topic.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I am actually kinda interested in what's going to happen to mary for the first time this season lol.

Also Alicia dying was kinda uh...lame? Her brother taking the powers was so obviously going to happen, but I wonder why he didn't revive the mother as a doll as well? I guess because the heart disintegrated when dean shot the super witch?

I feel like we are too close to the end of the season to be doing episodes like this where 80% of it feels like a monster of the week with some set up for a later season. This season really suffers from lack of focus and vision. I also really hate that magic has slowly become what is basically super powers when early on in the series witch magic was basically just blood / voodoo / shaman rituals and really just gross and unpleasant. Now they've got little purple glowing eyes and pyrokinesis .

farmerboy

For the love of god, we need to see Dean take someone out with that grenade launcher. Who gets it?

I think Ketch

Absolutely dreadful start.

Writers were so concerned about not killing Sam and Dean so that death doesn't lose its meaning on the show.

But guess what, killind supporting characters left and right has the exact same effect.

cr0w

Old Member
Fucking killing off Eileen, man. That sucks, I loved her.

But the trend continues...anytime there's a female character that threatens the fans' perceived 'shipping', they're killed right off.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Fuck. I clicked this thread without realizing it was on right now.

Did they seriously fucking kill Eileen?

Seriously?

ZeoVGM

Banned

That's absolute nonsense. I was annoyed at the Mick death but I at least understood it.

This is too much at this point. I think the second half of this season has been great but enough with the damn deaths. How have the writers not noticed that characters dying on Supernatural has become a meme?

Like, when people saw Charlie was coming back for a third episode in the season -- the third to last -- people knew she was going to die. People joked about Eileen randomly coming back as well.

Stop it. Keep characters alive. Tell stories with those characters. Have them grow and change.

How frustrating it must be for Robbie Thompson. Both female characters he created, Charlie and Eileen, who were fan favorites that fans didn't get mad at for getting too close with the boys, killed off in dumb ways.

cr0w

Old Member
I've been a fan of Shoshannah Stern, Eileen's actress, since she was on Jericho. Ironically she got killed off on that one too. I enjoyed her and Sam seemingly having a connection, they played off of each other well. Plus she's a damn sweetheart.

I just don't see the point of her being killed off, especially in the unceremonious manner that she was. All these hints that her and Sam had a thing and then bam, nope she's done. It's fucking stupid.

Deadly

Wow fuck the British Men of Letters seriously. You know they at least managed to make the bad guys scummy as fuck.

Mary needs some peace already for gods sake.

Parallax

I wonder if there's something in the cambpell genes that makes them such effective killers. Sam without a soul ran though cats with such skill that it was terrifying even for people that knew him. Dean can somehow decapitate various beings with one fucking swing, and Mary can steathily enter and kill people in their own home when she has no inhibitions.

sturmdogg

I wonder if there's something in the cambpell genes that makes them such effective killers. Sam without a soul ran though cats with such skill that it was terrifying even for people that knew him. Dean can somehow decapitate various beings with one fucking swing, and Mary can steathily enter and kill people in their own home when she has no inhibitions.

The Winchesters were Men of Letters before John, who became a hunter. And the Campbells have hunters for several generations according to Supernatural Wiki. So I guess this basically means killing monsters is in their blood.

Eileen...no why? WHY?!

and Jody...Claire...no...please for the love of God NO I SWEAR TO FUCK SUPERNATURAL! If she wasn't bluffing about them being dead I'm gonna flip some goddamn tables.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Now that I've watched the episode, that was pretty damn great. But yes, killing off Eileen was a moronic writing decision and pretty damn disrespectful to the actress. They didn't even give her a line? Seriously?

Eileen...no why? WHY?!

and Jody...Claire...no...please for the love of God NO I SWEAR TO FUCK SUPERNATURAL! If she wasn't bluffing about them being dead I'm gonna flip some goddamn tables.

I think she meant it in a "they're going to be dead" way, not that they literally are.

Parallax

The Winchesters were Men of Letters before John, who became a hunter. And the Campbells have hunters for several generations according to Supernatural Wiki. So I guess this basically means killing monsters is in their blood.

it has to be the campbell line then. since the winchesters being Amol it seems gives them more proficiency with learning.

one thing though, is anyone disappointed with the capabilities of the british men of letters? from what we got from the american side, they were hunting demons, and capable of all sorts of high level magic. the brits just seem to strongarm everything with very little of the magic the men of letters are supposed to be known for

ZeoVGM

Banned
Did anyone watch the preview? Where in the hell are they during that standoff with Lucifer? It has a another color palette, similar to Purgatory but it obviously isn't.

And there's dead people lying around, wearing what looks to be rags. And these weird objects jutting out from the ground. It doesn't look any kind of set I've ever seen on this show.

Did anyone watch the preview? Where in the hell are they during that standoff with Lucifer? It has a another color palette, similar to Purgatory but it obviously isn't.

And there's dead people lying around, wearing what looks to be rags. And these weird objects jutting out from the ground. It doesn't look any kind of set I've ever seen on this show.

Those obelisks do look interesting. And the color palette signifies it's SOMEWHERE. Unless it's color palette just for the preview? Still, the obelisks are....something. Looking at the left most one, there's a body pierced at the top with blood dripping down? And why's it so bright in the center top? Some kind of portal created by the obelisks?

jXUr6GZ.png

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Those obelisks do look interesting. And the color palette signifies it's SOMEWHERE. Unless it's color palette just for the preview? Still, the obelisks are....something. Looking at the left most one, there's a body pierced at the top with blood dripping down? And why's it so bright in the center top? Some kind of portal created by the obelisks?

The palette reminds me of purgatory.

ZeoVGM

Banned
They might be about to do some crazy shit in this finale. That set looks like something in an Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. finale. Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom