• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supernatural Season 12 |OT| Mama, I'm Coming Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the blade was just useless without the mark, not the other way around too? The blade worked because of The Mark but the bearer of the mark was still powerful and unkillable because of The Darkness.

I hate season 10 mainly because of snuffing out a cool element which was Deamon, and Charlie's death. I actually sorta liked Cole, he brought a little flavour and was and interesting character. I'm still curious to what creature his "dad" was, it was not touched upon to what it was just that Dean never saw another one like it...

Dean was probably not mega evil as a demon because of the amount of good still in him. Demons are created after being in hell for so long that their humanity is basically stripped away and they lose all good qualities. Dean was a demon for a short time and had he been a demon longer maybe he would have succumbed to darker tendencies. But alas they fucked that storyline up.

Them botching stuff in seasons 9 and 10 is what lead them to the greatness of season 11 in my mind. They realized they cut things too short, and kept the drama quotient too high, so just said "fuck it" and dropped the secrets and fake drama. Season 11 was so refreshing after years of that bullshit. It is like they stopped giving a shit about Tumblr and the shippers and just made them brothers and told a good story.

Them botching stuff in seasons 9 and 10 is what lead them to the greatness of season 11 in my mind. They realized they cut things too short, and kept the drama quotient too high, so just said "fuck it" and dropped the secrets and fake drama. Season 11 was so refreshing after years of that bullshit. It is like they stopped giving a shit about Tumblr and the shippers and just made them brothers and told a good story.
Yeah, I agree. We all hate the way Carver killed off basically every semi-regular character, but execution aside, it was probably good in the long run, since we didn't have to deal with or think about them anymore.

But boy, was that execution sloppy. Season 9 also killed off Tess, who we'd already forgotten about, and brought back Gabriel but made him suck.

And then they also had that backdoor pilot about the monster clans. It's to date the only episode of Supernatural I couldn't sit through.

I thought the blade was just useless without the mark, not the other way around too? The blade worked because of The Mark but the bearer of the mark was still powerful and unkillable because of The Darkness. .

I don't really remember any moment in seasons 9 or 10 when Dean was super powerful without the blade until it disappeared after episode 1014. Then he started hulking up for no reason, killing vampire nests all by himself and shit even though he could never do that back when the blade was in play.

Cole was mostly unimportant but he was yet another Dean-related guest-star and I never got why they wouldn't go through with his story.

What I liked about season 11 is that it didn't just get rid of the drama, it brought back a balance between how each brother is treated. We got more episodes focused on Sam and more characters that gave a shit about it. Previous seasons were ridiculously Dean centric.
Lots of good stuff happened in season 11, but I'd tend to credit Dabb for most of it as Carver left before then end and it's not clear how much of a role he had throughout the season.

I still think the second half of the season was vastly inferior to the first, and Lucifer in Castiel's vessel was a dreadful idea.

That's one way to see it.

I do think it hurt Lucifer's reputation though. Funny Lucifer wans't my cup of tea and Misha just wasn't doing a good job portraying him.

I think the more Dean killed the more the mark got fed and thus the stronger he got. That seems like the only logical explanation. That season was full of terrible writing so it could just be that. But let's pretend it's because the mark getting fed made him more powerful :p

Given this show's horrible treatment of its female characters I was pretty worried. I'm glad they didn't off her.

I felt the same way. I was like welp, at least the show is consistent. Then everything worked out and good feelings all around.

I'm worried about Garth now, really wish Dean didn't say his name. Could have just left it at they have a friend that's a werewolf. I forgot that Ketch killed physic girl, I actually liked his character...now I hate him again.

Jodie's girls are always safe. But yeah, the show definitely did have problems with offing younger female characters. I'm hoping the new showrunners fix that.

Also, to be fair, Claire is too young to be in danger. I always figured the girls had to be in the age range where they could feasibly hook up with Sam or Dean, as well as be CW attractive.

Media

Was also worried about Claire. Okay episode.

Was anyone else pissed that Claire was in an episode, and Cas wasn't even mentioned in passing? Especially when she almost died? Ugh.

BlueSnowboarder

Neo Member
Was also worried about Claire. Okay episode.

Was anyone else pissed that Claire was in an episode, and Cas wasn't even mentioned in passing? Especially when she almost died? Ugh.

Glad someone else missed Cas, I actually thought for a sec that at the end she was calling him and not Jodie, woulda been a nice twist :p

I don't really mind that he wasn't there for a Claire episode.

The problem is that he's barely there as it is. Just like Mary is absent for increasingly long stretches of episodes despite being the most interesting thing about this season.

Until the writers allow them to come back, it's just the brothers going through the motions every week and my interest has dwindled as a result. The season is definitely consistent in its quality, much more than Carver's era, but there's something missing. I feel like Sam and Dean are barely involved, psychologically.

FoxSpirit

This episode was bland. "I can make my own decisions." gets bitten 10 seconds later.
Find potential werewolf cure. No biggie.

Seriously, you could've done stuff with the plot of this episode but instead we get a really stale execution. A nice two-parter could've done this justice.

This episode is everything that's wrong with season 12.

We're supposed to care about these two storylines despite the writers giving us no reason to give a shit.
The brothers and Mary are merely supporting characters. Castiel is not there.

Honestly this looks more like a spin-off than anything else right now.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Supernatural fangirls will not be happy. Deaf girl gonna get got.

if the british men of letters were smart theyd let her go. killing one of the allies of the brothers? theyre liable to take down the whole organization. heaven help them if they go after mama winchester

Mick...no goddamn fuckasscuntshitsticle! I liked him, ketch you cuntshit! Not deaf girls fault the princess of hell disappeared right before the bullet struck. And that stupid idiot woman "I'm 100% okay with birthing a nephilim that belongs to Lucifer, no biggie!". Also, since when did demons have x-ray vision? Was that always a thing?

ZeoVGM

Banned
Just watched the last two episodes. Supernatural is killing it since the winter break.

I've talked about it before but the show feels fresh. I love that they seem to be focusing on a larger cast at times. I love that they brought Eileen back and hopefully she's around for a bit.

Really disappointed they killed off Mick though. Jesus, enough of that. They built him into a really good character and then killed him. Stop. Stoooop.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Aw they killed mike right after he looked like he was actually going to be a character lmao, I hope Eileen makes it through the end of the season.

I hope mary dies though.

We've seen a nephilim on screen before right? It's hard to keep track of what creatures we've seen on screen sometimes...

Still no real direction this season and that's worrying with the show already 17 episodes in. We know the nephilim is in play, the MoL have turned on the brothers, Cas is MIA, Lucy is back and slowly regaining control of his body and Mary is getting her bang on...

All of it seems to random and lacking in a clear direction. I suspect it'll come together with the final few episodes, but the season so far has been very weird in how aimless it's all been.

That's one way to see it.

I do think it hurt Lucifer's reputation though. Funny Lucifer wans't my cup of tea and Misha just wasn't doing a good job portraying him.
Going to have to disagree there, he pulled off a pretty good mark Pellegrino with the mannerisms.

Something that Rick Springfield guy definitely did not.

Joni

Aw they killed mike right after he looked like he was actually going to be a character lmao, I hope Eileen makes it through the end of the season.

I hope mary dies though.

If they want to kill her, they better give her an amazing death scene, like
Jericho
did.

Deadly

Their mom dieing TWICE, traumatically, in their lifetime? Christ please no. Let the character have some real peace already.

Also imagine all the mopping we'd get the next season.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Hey wait I just realized something.

Dagon said "birthing nephililm, always fatal" isn't that either a load of bullshit or a massive retcon? We even had an episode this season where cas persecuted the wrong angel for potentially birthing a nephilm, shouldn't they have all been like "wait why is the wife alive?" if that was the case?

Or am I remembering something wrong?

Their mom dieing TWICE, traumatically, in their lifetime? Christ please no. Let the character have some real peace already.

Also imagine all the mopping we'd get the next season.

Ehhh given how no one really seems to give a shit about mary I doubt it'd be much of moping. It'd be mostly sam being sad and dean being like "'she died 25 years ago"

Joni

Dagon said "birthing nephililm, always fatal" isn't that either a load of bullshit or a massive retcon? We even had an episode this season where cas persecuted the wrong angel for potentially birthing a nephilm, shouldn't they have all been like "wait why is the wife alive?" if that was the case?

If Castiel knew, this entire thing could have been prevented really easy. Baby momma would probably have been really easy to convince to get an abortion if Castiel told her she would die.

Joni

Wait...British Men of Letters want her dead, and they send her to IRELAND?!

_90076860_thinkstockphotos-526561176.jpg

bwahhhhh

at some point in this episode, and after his previous few appearances, i was thinking "man, Mick is my favorite new character they've introduced in a long time."

welp.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
at some point in this episode, and after his previous few appearances, i was thinking "man, Mick is my favorite new character they've introduced in a long time."

welp.

You don't get attached to characters that aren't Winchesters. Everyone is expendable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom