• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supernatural Season 12 |OT| Mama, I'm Coming Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good episode, I rather liked it. That one chick really had them on the ropes, even Cas.

Depowering Angels was one of the worst things this show did.

The old season4 Castiel would have teleported behind her and taken her out with a single hit.

Wilsongt

Depowering Angels was one of the worst things this show did.

The old season4 Castiel would have teleported behind her and taken her out with a single hit.

After you have an archangel forcefully ripped out of you, you might be a little slow to get back to full power.

Also, didn't Amara get rid of all of the wardings on the bunker? Cas should have just been able to poof back to it instantly.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
After you have an archangel forcefully ripped out of you, you might be a little slow to get back to full power.

Also, didn't Amara get rid of all of the wardings on the bunker? Cas should have just been able to poof back to it instantly.

Plus she had brass knuckles with, what I assume are, anti-angel runes on them. We got a close up of those for a reason.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
mama winchester needs an episode with cas where they have to find the boys or fight robot nazis or something. they both have ruthless streaks this season

mama winchester needs an episode with cas where they have to find the boys or fight robot nazis or something. they both have ruthless streaks this season

It would be brutal and hilarious. Castiel being socially awkward, and Mary not being up to speed on modern society.

I really did like her, "Hurt him..." moment.

Slow night at work means I'm getting through Season 11 faster, and it's got me thinking. Does anyone play as many different personalities as Misha Collins does with Castiel? Off the top my head we got:

Normal Castiel
Human Castiel (Jimmy Novak)
Hippy alternate future Castiel
Misha Collins playing himself as Castiel
Lucifer possessed Castiel

Am I forgetting any?

Parallax

Slow night at work means I'm getting through Season 11 faster, and it's got me thinking. Does anyone play as many different personalities as Misha Collins does with Castiel? Off the top my head we got:

Normal Castiel

Am I forgetting any?

agressive busting heads castiel.

Media

Normal Castiel

Am I forgetting any?

My count:

Early Cas
Jimmy
Worshipping Dean Cas
2014!Cas
Godstiel
Misha Collins
Emmanuel
Bee!Cas (crazy Cas)
Mindy Controlled Cas
Steve
Lustiel

I feel like I'm forgetting one though.

Solid episode, nothing huge, but good.

My first prediction:
Sam is going to hook up with British Woman of Letters Chick

Good episode, except for the Castiel stuff. Like, please leave him out if he's just going to be some regular guy. The least they could have done was have that lady's brass knuckles have sigils or something on them to explain how she could even hurt an angel instead of breaking her hand, like when that guy tried to punch Luke Cage.

Media

Good episode, except for the Castiel stuff. Like, please leave him out if he's just going to be some regular guy. The least they could have done was have that lady's brass knuckles have sigils or something on them to explain how she could even hurt an angel instead of breaking her hand, like when that guy tried to punch Luke Cage.

They explicitly showed the brass knuckles had sigils, you might have missed it. They even glowed orange and stuff.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

They did have glowing sigils on them, we had a shot of them showing that specifically before the fight started.

Booser

A bit surprised at the positive response. I thought it was terrible.

Dean meeting his mom should have been heart wrenching. It was meh.

The terrible "awight guvna" accents.

Nothing exciting actually happens, nothing interesting to set up the seasons story arch is revealed. It really just dragged on. It was the most boring premier I can remember.

I did see it, but I think they should have mentioned it. At least have Cas be surprised to be getting his ass beat by regular punches.

I think he was surprised when he coughed up blood. At least he looked a bit confused.

Also, no talking about Luke Cage! I haven't started it!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyways I found this episode to do be decent. Not outstanding, not terrible. I actually liked the moment with Dean & his mom. The music, Dean remembering the dates, her remembering her death...it was actually really sad.

I always love it when a character gets introduced to Angels.

Dean: Get out, there's no such thing!

Mind reading man: No...you can't be...
Cas: Why not?
Mind reading man: Because I'm an Atheist!

Mom: Come again?

I'd say it's like a 7/10, hopefully it gets better though. I don't blame em too much because it's introductions to their mom and more men of letters members. I'm still curious to where Metatron is. Did The Darkness kill him, or did he escape? I don't remember, or did they never show it?

dabig2

Decent episode but count me in with folks angry at the Castiel jobbing. Dude couldn't even push the car on his own, but I guess Dean needed something to do after that asskicking to not feel worthless. This really just goes along with my frustration that angels/demons/etc. always end up resorting to hand-to-hand when they have much more magical powers at their disposal (like TK for example).

Angels and demons are weaker than ghosts now it seems.

Angels and demons are weaker than ghosts now it seems.

Well two Angel orbital cannon blasts did jack to the Darkness while a spirit bomb harvested of ghosts was supposedly enough to blow her up. Joking aside, yeah, the power of the different entities is all over the place in the series. Reapers go from Death's jobbers who can be controlled by people to being capable of reaping God himself.

Decent episode.

Loved the moment with the car between Dean and Mary.

I looked at Cas part being that he is out of juice right now to do anything angel like.

Remember when Castiel first appeared? They hit him with everything in their arsenal, and he tanked it all like a pro. Now he's getting rocked by British Ronda Rousey.

Kevin

Yeah the show has done a great job at completely ruining Castiel as a character for me and that's super unfortunate.

As for the premiere in general I thought it was at least solid. Definitely a bit darker then usual and I did like a few of the Dean/Mary scenes.

People wondering what the main plot for the season is and I believe this is the answer:

The Men of Letters is the main problem. They won't always be "enemies" but they keep causing trouble for the boys. Also I think Mary and the family chemistry will also be a big theme. Then Lucifer will be the B plotline for Castiel and Crowley.

I heard there will be several baddies but no "end of the world" plotline this season and honestly everything I heard about season 12 sounds pretty damn solid.

Also I think Death is coming back this season as the actor tweeted a pic with him in his Death attire on set filming.

Season 12 is taking a different approach then season 11 and so far I'm pretty much ok with that.

I don't mind Castiel being de-powered but they should at least let him retain weaker versions of telekinesis or what have you. Dean and Sam can put up a fight but generally Cas gets rocked in a fist fight.

Season 12 premiere was pretty solid though(smh at Sam not knocking out the British lady when he had the chance)

strafer

Will their father be back so they can be a family again?

Or will Mary be taken away again in the season finale twist?

NeonBlack

I'm expecting her to runaway from them to get away from the hunting life and they find her next season married living a normal life.

Joni

I love how she makes it seem like they could have handled everything the brothers took on. The Darkness, Lucifer, Leviathans, Gods.

Booser

Yeah the show has done a great job at completely ruining Castiel as a character for me and that's super unfortunate.

It's obvious Castiel remains in the show purely because the actor is so popular. He is powered up and down so many times to to fit him into whatever particular storyline is happening at the minute. It doesn't feel organic at all.

EUA

wow the Winchesters getting their asses handed to them. AGAIN!
12 years later and after numerous apocalypses have been averted, they still manage to get schooled.

You can't just throw in random people with half-assed powers and motivations and let them own the guys like this. This was painful to watch.

Goldrush

For once, I would like for Sam to make a friend. Dean got Angel, Demon and Darkness BFF, but Sam get stuck with demon drug pushers and crazed hunters.

They making this big deal of Mary being brought back to life but Castiel could have brought her back any time he wanted if asked.

In fact I don't know why he didn't resurrect Bobby since he did already once before.

Don't think she made it to heaven. Wasn't she a ghost that spirit bomb something?

silva1991

Their mother is back and I don't feel a thing. I think I'm just used to people brought back to life at this point and it just doesn't feel impactful what so ever.

Will their father be back so they can be a family again?

?

Sure why not? and Bobby too.

Parallax

For once, I would like for Sam to make a friend. Dean got Angel, Demon and Darkness BFF, but Sam get stuck with demon drug pushers and crazed hunters.

Don't think she made it to heaven. Wasn't she a ghost that spirit bomb something?

Sam gets bad relationships.

And Mary was missing like John was.

dabig2

smh Sam choke grip power

yeah..I wish he would have just snapped that bitches neck.

Damn ya'll bloodthirsty lol. Sam isn't that much of a stonecold killer to viciously choke out a human woman like that. And it's pretty clear she's being set up for an eventual face turn, especially since she's a mother (I can already see her and Mary having several chats)

Maybe even a sexy face turn given all those pained looks she was giving Sam as he was suffering. There are worse people in her org. above her and she'll end up helping the boys.

Finally got around to watching the first episode of this season after binging all of 11 this week. I thought it was okay, but just okay. Did the typical rushed setup of establishing a villain-probably-turned-ally during the season. My guess is the 'old man' ... or was it men? ... that the woman of letters (was she ever named?) mentions is going to be the main adversary, and she's either going to flip to the Winchester's side halfway through, or be in constant conflict with them right up to the end when her boss(es) reveal their evil plan and she sacrifices herself to save the brothers.

... that and maybe Lucifer is being built up again (I hope not).

Booser

Crowley, too.

Yeah to a point. Crowley has been pretty consistent IMO. He is clever and he's a master schemer. I can totally see him worming his way out of any situation. Castiel bumbles and fumbles his way through every season, being powered up and down at the writers whims to fit into the story.

Gives cool speech about killing his capturer as soon as he gets the chance.
Breaks free but spares capturer (despite being submitted to brutal torture).
Allows capturer to overpower him and fucks up his chance to escape.

Mary Winchester unfazed by the fact that a human can beat the shit out of an angel.

When is Bobby coming back? Charlie
is staying dead right
?

If the secrets thing is gone I might have to try watching again. So much bad writing because they didn't know how to create tension without the Winchesters keeping secrets so shit bites them in the ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom