• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supernatural Season 12 |OT| Mama, I'm Coming Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
maybe its me, but im having a hard time feeling like the men of letters are a threat. maybe if they were more like the one that had the first blade, sure, but they just seem like better organized hunters

Media

I was like 'Wait, I can't have called it that soon.'

I was kinda right?

Though now that she tortured him the relationship would be much more ooky, so I fully expect them to go there.

Rowena has also grown on me.

Springfield's Lucifer is a tad bit too serious as of yet, like they just told him he was playing Lucifer and he didn't study up on the character in the show lol. hopefully he grows into it.

-Deimos

I was kinda right?

Though now that she tortured him the relationship would be much more ooky, so I fully expect them to go there.

Springfield's Lucifer is a tad bit too serious as of yet, like they just told him he was playing Lucifer and he didn't study up on the character in the show lol. hopefully he grows into it.

I was laughing my ass off during the intro remembering your post.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
because when things are working out for you, and not for others, some get the idea that the others are failures and not worth listening to, rather than the fact that the others have far more on their plate with incredibly few resources. then again, sam and dean should have reformed the american men of letters years ago

So it's the british version of bootstraps™.

Numb

Not liking the Winchester family being owned but this british lass and then they let her go?
Cmon now. Mama Winchester will stab her back in the near future i hope

So the anti-christ should be fully powered again with Lucy running around, what if.....nah he's in the same black hole as Adam.

England not having anything happen in decades .
As believable as everything ever happening to the Winchesters mostly

I bet that's why America has no many monsters, they were like "Fuck! Everytime one our kin go to England they die immediately, let's find a new place!"

Imagine all the dangerous poisonous monsters that must live in Australia, they either have the best and most numerous hunters on earth or their government is fully aware of monsters.

I don't even want to think of the shit those guys have to deal with. Australia's creatures all want to kill humans, even kangaroos are vicious dicks!

So that's why he looked so familiar...

Heh yeh it took me a second to realize it to, I was like nahhhh it can't be! O damn, it is! Shiiiiiiiiiiet!

Oh, really? No monsters?

Nigel-Farage-236142.jpg

Welp, I'm terrified. No chill.

I loved how Dean's eyes widened when she was like "Below the belt". Also, Mary crushing Dean's childhood with that meatloaf reveal. And of course pie, Dean and his pie lol.

I like how Castiel is no longer the only one that's oblivious to things. "I don't sweat under any circumstances" British guy just looks at him like "...uh, okay?"
Then their mom "Let's call the internet!"

Rockstar Lucifer is meh. Too sinister/serious, not enough joking around. Rowena got SO much better, I actually don't hate her when she's on screen anymore.

I don't know why but I wasn't feeling last night's episode. Maybe I was just too tired. A couple nitpicks I had was that mamma Winchester wasn't particularly painted as being a good hunter. And her fight with Toni was just choreographed and cut really poorly. Also Dean seemingly privy to Chinese magic enough to break Toni's spell, but at the same time daft enough to fall for an easy trap.

Booser

A bit better than the bore-fest that was episode one.

I like the new Lucifer, seems more menacing then previous versions, which is understandable. He has been through hell (ba dum tish) and got severely weakened by the Darkness. He isn't gonna be the ultra confident smart ass he was before. Not yet anyway. At least it isn't Casifer again. That portrayal was god awful.

The family dynamic seems weird. At least Sam's reaction felt a bit more natural and emotional than Dean's in the first episode. Dean doesn't seem overly thrilled about her being back actually. I wonder why that is. Afraid of loosing her all over again maybe?

I hope the MOTW stories are good, the main storyline seems fragmented and really unfocused.

I don't know why but I wasn't feeling last night's episode. Maybe I was just too tired. A couple nitpicks I had was that mamma Winchester wasn't particularly painted as being a good hunter. And her fight with Toni was just choreographed and cut really poorly. Also Dean seemingly privy to Chinese magic enough to break Toni's spell, but at the same time daft enough to fall for an easy trap.
You weren't too tired
Mary hasn't really done anything spectacular so far and Toni's punches always looked weak

----

I like the new Lucifer so far, at least in looks

I'm assuming the next episodes are going to be MOTW while the special MOL agent stalks them in the background

Kevin

While I felt the premiere wasn't really anything to fantastic, I did enjoy the second episode quite a bit more. Thought it was genuinely solid.

It's been a solid season so far. Though I wonder if the whole Men of Letters thing is a really good direction to go. It's kind of weird, and they don't feel like as much of a threat.

But, we'll see.

The pie scene was hilarious. Classic Dean.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit

I was kinda right?

Link to your prediction post?

I feel that the 'Men of Letters' thing would have more gravitas if there was a heftier foundation to it. Like, during season 7, when Dean meets Elliot Ness in the past, if he threw out a line that he was a man of letters, it would be more ingrained into the mythology somehow?

I dunno. Random thought by me >_>

Media

Toni is going to get damsel'd and resuced by Sam in the penultimate episode.

Yeah that where I see it going too. This Mr. Catch is going to get her.

It will just be a footnote in the book of Sam's bad idea hook ups.
The only Sam hook up that worked to me was the waitress in Baby.

Same.

Though I half expect them to roll back into town and find she's been eaten by a rugaruu or something.

Kevin

I want a lot more Men of Letters mythology and not just have them as a generic enemy for Sam and Dean to waste time with. I hope they actually delve into more Men of Letters mythology as the season unfolds like they did in season 8.

I want a lot more Men of Letters mythology and not just have them as a generic enemy for Sam and Dean to waste time with. I hope they actually delve into more Men of Letters mythology as the season unfolds like they did in season 8.

I have been begging for that since season 8.

Boy these MoL piss me off, they ain't do shit when the devil was on a road trip through the states, when Leviathans were creating their fast food restaurant empire, when God's sister took out her family problems on MURICANS, now they wanna come in all high and mighty when nothing's happening.

I hope they run in to Lucifer, start acting all cocky, and get a dose of some real shit.

farmerboy

Solid start to the season. But I'm not feeling it having their mum around.

Though I really liked when she saw the car again for the first time. Till they ruined it by going low-brow

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I get this feeling by the mid season finale we're gonna be either working with lucifer against the men of letters or everyone is gonna drop everything and be like OH SHIT LUCIFER.

I can appreciate Springfield's more ruthless and cold Lucifer. But I really miss Pellegrino's take on the character. He had a charm to him.

Hmmm. I wonder, burning bones kills spirits & demons. Can it also kill someone in heaven or do they have Divine protection?

Also the first ad was a Google search bar and I thought the boys were gonna teach their mom to use Google. I'm disappointed now ;(

Hmmm. I wonder, burning bones kills spirits & demons. Can it also kill someone in heaven or do they have Divine protection?

Also the first ad was a Google search bar and I thought the boys were gonna teach their mom to use Google. I'm disappointed now ;(

Now, if it were a few seasons ago and an ad for a Microsoft Surface...

BlueSnowboarder

Neo Member
Mary Winchester...pulling uncool Winchester moves.....
going off on the hunt alone and then actually leaving leaving?? not cool :( Same and Dean only just got her back :(

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Mary Winchester...pulling uncool Winchester moves.....
going off on the hunt alone and then actually leaving leaving?? not cool :( Same and Dean only just got her back :(

Next she'll be keeping secrets and sacrificing herself.

when she left, the first thing i could think of was zachariah telling dean everything he loves tries to leave him

"We haven't made the fans cry in quite awhile"
"Let's make their mom leave after she just came!"
"Okay!"
- Writers at Supernatural

I swear to god, if John appears to their mom I'ma be pissed. He crawled out of hell back in season 2 finale right? If we assume each season is 1 year in show time that's nearly a decade he hasn't appeared to his sons. What the shit is he doing? He kinda vanished in a light kind if way. Did he ascend to heaven or what? Also why didn't Josh due when they torched him? Was there another Josh and they done fucked up? Give me answers supernatural writers!

Sheppard

I feel like Dean's face after his mom left. The show was incredible with the mom dynamic in play. I don't like this change and I wish something like this would have stayed. It changed the show for the better but now it is back to the same ole same ole.

bleh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom