• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supernatural Season 12 |OT| Mama, I'm Coming Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dean has earned all the pie he wants after that.

And I am disappointed that Dean didn't bust out the grenade launcher to blow up Hitler. It would have been a perfect finale to it to have him literally blow Hitler up.

Lol yeah. Still the guilty look in his eyes is what killed me, as if he feels he betrayed pie.

Is this from the latest episode? I haven't gotten to see it yet. I just remember him getting bodied by the bodyguard lady with them, and though it did show runes, it didn't specifically say they were anti-angel. In any case his powers are constantly up and down. Did they explain why demons have teleport powers still but not angels?

Well we're assuming that since it showed us a glimpse of it and that it had a nice little glow to it that it was Angelic runes. Plus MoL knew about Angels, so it also makes sense that they devised way to defend themselves against Angels.

when Angels fell from Heaven they lost their wings. Which is why Lucifer still has his wings, he was in the cage at the time.

Metatron destroyed all the angels' wings, so they can no longer teleport.

And, runes or not, Cas needing Dean to help him push the car to the side of the road is another example of how weak angels are now.

Perhaps it was Dean that needed Cas' help ;)

I don't actually remember, did they just show both of them pushing it, or did Cas ask Dean for help? If it's the latter than ye I'm with you.

I just realized how silly it was for demons to have that mist form for locomotion when they can just teleport.

The mist? You mean their demon form? They generally don't want to leave their meatsuites behind, they grow attached to em :p. Plus, I don't think all demon can teleport, can they? I know Crowley, Abaddon and Lilith can. I don't remember if Alastair, Azazel, and regular demons can though. They usually mist out when in danger so maybe they can't?

Loved the crazy portrayal of Hitler. Was not expecting that.

Me neither. Was expecting a lot more anger and frustration. Then he snapped and I was like, ah there we go.

It's missing a big bad...right now they are just procedural episodes..

Agent dicklord is the big bad I think. We've only seen shots of his tats though.

Also yeh Dean in the Antique shop. That was priceless, and then Sam walking in on the shop owners Nazi fetish and just go "o..."

The mist? You mean their demon form? They generally don't want to leave their meatsuites behind, they grow attached to em :p. Plus, I don't think all demon can teleport, can they? I know Crowley, Abaddon and Lilith can. I don't remember if Alastair, Azazel, and regular demons can though. They usually mist out when in danger so maybe they can't?

Oh right, I guess the mist is technically them innit? I'd really like some sort of expanded compendium for the show that goes into depth the various creatures and beings on the show. I'd pay a pretty penny for it depending the format.

Eylos

Banned
Such a long time i watched supernatural, i stopped with the ending of season 5. Never cared after, because everyone said to me that after season 5 is bad. To hear that 11 is on par with the old seasons made me curious, but to watch 5 bad seasons, ugh idk.

I don't think random demons can teleport. I only remember seeing Crowley do it. Even the other to demons, like Lilith, Azazel, and Alastair didn't.

Oh right, I guess the mist is technically them innit? I'd really like some sort of expanded compendium for the show that goes into depth the various creatures and beings on the show. I'd pay a pretty penny for it depending the format.

I wouldn't mind a spin-off series that goes into depth either, there's a lot of thing that are either left unexplained our just have their surfaces scratched.

I don't think random demons can teleport. I only remember seeing Crowley do it. Even the other to demons, like Lilith, Azazel, and Alastair didn't.

O yeh you're right. I thought Lilith teleported when Dean brought Chuck to the hotel room she and Sam were in. I looked up the video and it turns out she smoked out. So seems like Crowley is the only one that has vessel teleportation thus far.

Edit:

Such a long time i watched supernatural, i stopped with the ending of season 5. Never cared after, because everyone said to me that after season 5 is bad. To hear that 11 is on par with the old seasons made me curious, but to watch 5 bad seasons, ugh idk.

They're not really bad perse...they're just not as good when compared to season 5 they're still sort of decent. Except Season 7 that was just horrid. The rest range from meh to decent with some episodes actually being really good. Season 10 actually has one of my all-time favourite episodes of the series.

The crossroad demons could. Or is just them being able to when being summoned?

I wouldn't mind a spin-off series that goes into depth either, there's a lot of thing that are either left unexplained our just have their surfaces scratched.

On the topic of teleportation and a lot of unexplained stuff. Do you remember Jesse Turner, the 'Antichrist' kid with insane powers, including teleportation? Seems even demon-human spawn got the power.

The crossroad demons could. Or is just them being able to when being summoned?

On the topic of teleportation and a lot of unexplained stuff. Do you remember Jesse Turner, the 'Antichrist' kid with insane powers, including teleportation? Seems even demon-human spawn got the power.

I think that's because they were summoned.

As for Jesse, he had a lot of powers. He turned Castiel into an action figure, and was able to create a horrifying tooth fairy, have a girl scratch her brains because of itching powder, and cause a man to be electrocuted using a toy buzzer. Also, according to Castiel could destroy the Host of Heaven. Speaking of which I'd really like for them to touch up on him again. His powers grow stronger when Lucifer walks the Earth so you'd think we would have seen him again.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I think that's because they were summoned.

As for Jesse, he had a lot of powers. He turned Castiel into an action figure, and was able to create a horrifying tooth fairy, have a girl scratch her brains because of itching powder, and cause a man to be electrocuted using a toy buzzer. Also, according to Castiel could destroy the Host of Heaven. Speaking of which I'd really like for them to touch up on him again. His powers grow stronger when Lucifer walks the Earth so you'd think we would have seen him again.

Well, he did go into hiding. It makes sense we'd never see him again given his character arc and the choice he made.

OnPoint

This is starting to feel, more and more, like the setup season. People are right noticing there's no big bad right now. I don't think they've introduced it yet, at least not properly. They're slowly building up to it. My prediction?

The leader of the British Men of Letters is somehow a non-human and that Men of Letters chapter is setting up for something world-ending. Hopefully the leader is not something as trite as a demon. I know people mention Cthulhu often, but I just don't know where else you go at this point for apocalyptic threats. So I'm gonna go with Cthulhu for the next season because I don't have a better idea.

Starfield

I was actually amazed by the guy playing
Hitler
. This time the actor wasn't speaking broken german like the rest of them were, he really spoke some decent german but he played a terrible
Hitler
. Well bettter than nothing!

Jo no! Dammit Supernatural writers! HAVE YOU NO SOUL?!?!

Lol that cut from demon exorcism to pie

Finally some Canadian love! Bout time considering they film in Vancouver!

Then he dies :'( supernatural pls

JODY MILLLLLLLLLLS

Uhhhhh he messed with the bull and didn't get the horns...Too soon?

bitbydeath

Not sure if already discussed but if the mum died in her 20's/30's shouldn't she be younger than Sam and Dean or at the very least close in age to them?

Media

Dean and Sam apparently suck at spreading the word about useful shit to other hunters. They horde their secrets. Anti-possession tats should be like, day one of hunter school. Hell, Jody should have one. Ugh.

Throughout this episode I held faith in Kim Rhodes promise that she would refuse to appear in any episode that Jody died in, and my faith was rewarded. Praise Kim!

Really like the twins, I hope we see more of them.

And seriously, it's been long enough where the fuck is Cas?!

needsmorecas.gif~c200

NeonBlack

I can't stop laughing help.

Totally unbalanced, humans are seriously OP, nerf humans.

s12 changelog:
Nerfs:
  • Anti-possession wards no longer exist.
  • Winchester's now care who they stab with demon killing weapons
  • Crowley, Rowena, and Cas (SuperFriends) are now searching for Lucifer AKA far away from the Winchesters.
Buffs:
  • Billie now helps the Winchesters.

If this was old Supernatural Dean would have prayed and Cas would have teleported into the house and taken care of the demon easy.

I'm one episode behind, having just finished the Nazi episode. And I honestly had forgotten about the Thul.

That episode could have been a lot better. It's easily the weakest this season.

Honestly the Thul seemed redundant after the Stynes. I know that they're not exactly the same but Stynes were involved with Nazi Germany and practiced weird occultist magics on people. Necromancy just seems like it'd be in their repertoire.

As for the latest episode: some low level crossroads demon should have been no problem for Sam and Dean. Also when did demons get the ability to quarantine zones off like that, and reapers apparently being able to throw people through it.

If this was old Supernatural Dean would have prayed and Cas would have teleported into the house and taken care of the demon easy.

Unless the demon also Angel warded it :p.

But yeh, the wole lacking of anti-possession tats was really bothering me. I don't think they even got one for their mom yet...at least, not that we've seen. She may have gotten it off screen, but who knows.

I was going to say, I don't know what to think about this last episode. It wasn't exactly good in general, but there were things I appreciated despite that.

Them going to Canada and giving us some respect was nice. And the idea was kind of interesting.

But some of the supporting cast was awful, the episode was super cheesy at times and I couldn't stand the mother. It could've been a lot better.

That's two duds in a row :/

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
This season has had a really awful time trying to figure out what it wants to do.

We have the lucifer plot
The Mary plot
The Men of Letters plot
The various sub plots involving crowley and cas / heaven / demons

And we have made barely any meaningful headway on any of them besides setting them up. The mary plot is down right frustrating to watch unfold to the point that i almost wish she had just gone with the reaper.

Gaaaaahh this season man

This season has had a really awful time trying to figure out what it wants to do.

We have the lucifer plot
The Mary plot
The Men of Letters plot
The various sub plots involving crowley and cas / heaven / demons

And we have made barely any meaningful headway on any of them besides setting them up. The mary plot is down right frustrating to watch unfold to the point that i almost wish she had just gone with the reaper.

Gaaaaahh this season man
So it is a lot like season 6 so far then?

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
So it is a lot like season 6 so far then?

Yeah honestly it's a lot like season 6, I am even getting a very similar vibe out of this seasons structure. Also just like season 6 it's coming off the heels of a damn good season that could have ended the series.

I think what is really annoying about season 12 though is the tone feels so rough and gritty, even during it's funny moments the show just isn't having as much fun eith itself.

Yeah honestly it's a lot like season 6, I am even getting a very similar vibe out of this seasons structure. Also just like season 6 it's coming off the heels of a damn good season that could have ended the series.

I think what is really annoying about season 12 though is the tone feels so rough and gritty, even during it's funny moments the show just isn't having as much fun eith itself.

So now we need a Weekend at Bobby's or French Mistake level episode to make this comparison even more accurate.

It seems the only transitional season that seemed focused was season 8 when Carver took over.

Media

Is there an episode tomorrow or are they off for the holidays? My shit isn't recording for some reason and I keep having to watch on the site, so no previews.

Yeah, this season's been a mixed bag for sure.

Is there an episode tomorrow or are they off for the holidays? My shit isn't recording for some reason and I keep having to watch on the site, so no previews.

My PVR lists the premiere episode, but has tomorrow's date. I forgot it was the wrong Thanksgiving tomorrow (Canadian Thanksgiving's timing makes much more sense.)

Space here in Canada is the only channel airing it, though. I searched. So I guess there's no new episode.

Kevin

I held off watching last weeks episode because so many people on here didn't seem to care for it.

Finally got around to watching it and personally thought it was pretty well done. I do think it's dumb about no one having the demon anti-possession tattoos but beyond that the episode was solid and quite emotional and I enjoyed it.

I held off watching last weeks episode because so many people on here didn't seem to care for it.

Finally got around to watching it and personally thought it was pretty well done. I do think it's dumb about no one having the demon anti-possession tattoos but beyond that the episode was solid and quite emotional and I enjoyed it.
It was an emotional rollercoaster for me lol. I liked it too, I hope we see more of those witch twins they seemed cool.

Also when the guy was questioning Sam about being possessed by Lucifer I just remembered mean girls with a twist
"Omg...you can't just ask someone what it's like to have Lucifer possess them!"

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Ep 6 was good. Didn't even really care about the contrivances. It invoked the glory days of Ellen's bar and the wider hunting community.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Lucifer should retire to LA and solve crimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom