• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supernatural Season 12 |OT| Mama, I'm Coming Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh shit, was there a new episode last night?

Lol yeh I forgot about it too.

Lucifer should retire to LA and solve crimes.

Well, they did go to L.A so that's 1 part down. Now he just needs to find an attractive cop to solve crimes with.

Tbh, I like the show Lucifer :p.

I didn't really like the actor playing Lucifer because he didn't seem to fit the role very well. But during his speech about God abandoning him again...that was pretty damn good.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Fairly solid episode with some really bad fight sequences lol. The episode felt like it went all out for the first half and quickly scrambled to end. Started off really strong.

Honestly this was an episode that would have made for a better 4th episode than a 7th one.

God this season has a serious pacing issue

Media

Really enjoyed Luci's rant and his lampshading of Cas's nerf.

The agent failing to be charmed/convinced by the boys was refreshing lol

Also, even though Luci is literally just being an asshole I felt another pang of sympathy for him. Damn you SPN, making me feel bad for the devil.

We really. Really. REALLY need to address Cas's uselessness. Seriously, yall drove it home as the reason he said yes last season, and now you're just...continuing to do that?

I hope it's leading to another patch, cause damn, his class needs some upgrades.

Sidenote: I have dish, and it's refusing to record the show for reason. Like, it's set up...but it's not recording.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Yeah the app is pretty damn good, the only issue I have with it some times is that the ads are kinda glitchy.

I've gotten the same advert play 3 times in a row and other times I've gotten just glitchy transitions in and out of ads.

With Mary's resurrection, Supernatural has introduced its best storyline since season 5.

We also have the british men of letters, which feels like a fresh story although it's been very clumsily introduced.

And what does the show decide to focus on instead ? An overly powerful supervillain having a tamper tantrum, and hellbent on destroying the universe. Basically rehashing the same crap we've been fed almost every year.

smh

Talents

Banned
I've liked this season so far, but I really didn't like this episode. Compared to Season 5 Lucifer, this one just felt like a whiny bitch. Also why was he so weak that he couldn't even close the doors that Sam was holding instantly? Even if it isn't his true vessel he should be 1000x stronger than that. Like why couldn't they have an episode like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3Ks59XGThg

I've liked this season so far, but I really didn't like this episode. Compared to Season 5 Lucifer, this one just felt like a whiny bitch. Also why was he so weak that he couldn't even close the doors that Sam was holding instantly? Even if it isn't his true vessel he should be 1000x stronger than that. Like why couldn't they have an episode like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3Ks59XGThg

Supernatural nerfed Angels bad
And now Lucifer too.
Remember Gabriel? He could make fake pocket alternate realities and Lucifer is stronger then him.

My take on it is that he could do all those things but didn't because he knew he didn't need to. He knew they had no way of stopping him, now that everyone on his level or higher is gone.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

I mean, don't forget that he's been seriously injured by Amara last season and he's burning through vessels one after the other as a result. The guy is not in good condition right now, he's fighting seriously injured.

Media

I noticed that Sam vs Door thing too, and I kinda thought maybe it was a hint...Sam is stronger than him, since he's his perfect vessel and Luci is so weak? I dunno. I am reaching most likely.

bachikarn

It will just never make complete sense when Sam and Dean goes against these super powerful beings unless there is some cleverness to it. That is why I liked Season 4 and 5 so much. The Angels could have wiped Sam and Dean out of existence with ease but didn't because they were destined to be the vessels of Lucifer and Michael. Thought that was a pretty cool idea.

They kind of did something similar with Amara and Dean last season.

Media

Haven't started this season yet, how is it?

It's interesting so far, hasn't touched the heights of last season yet but I'm hopeful. We need a Baby or Just My Imagination to really sell me on this season. It's decent, but I'm not totally in love yet.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
It looks like the season finally has a focus, which is good. I wonder if the Antichrist is gonna come back into play now.

Media

Sam and Dean decided to stay and get arrested just because?

Was really enjoying this one until that. Seriously, they just stood there, and they HAD to know he would be checked on soon. The fuck. It's part of a plan, it has to be, or the writers are truly grasping at whatever.

Also loved the shot of flamed and Lucifer, very well done. For a second I was hoping he would start seeing the beauty of humans but nope, they can't have character growth, not even after making up with Daddy.

Cas is so powered down he might as well not be an angel

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
That was actually one of the better episode of this season so far up until the brothers went full idiot and got arrested. Lots of relevant things happened and we got a solid setup for next week, however we have yet another plot line to deal with (that im hoping won't either replace another plot line completely or get dropped really fast). Cas is basically useless though which sucks.

So let's recap:

Lucifer has been beat back temporarily
They have to eliminate or deal with the nephilem
They have to hang out with mom so she isn't a waste of time plot wise
They have to do something with the british men of letters (it looks like we are leaning towards yet another tentative alliance)
Then you have the continual subplots of rowena, crowley, state of heaven/ hell and the like.

It's a jam packed season and im hoping that they focus it more.

I suspect that lucifer being caged or killed will be the mid season finale, Mary might come back for that show down. The second half of the season might end up being a tentative alliance with the british men of letters to track the nephalim only to realize that at the last moment the true aim of the british MoL was to use its power or something.

Media

I think there's going to be some major clashes with the British MOL regarding killing the baby. The Winchesters are going to want to save it eventually, and thr BMOL will want to destroy it. Seems where thr whole 'the winchesters don't clean up their messes/do what it takes' thing is going.

I liked this episode up until the end. Why didn't they run to the room they were hiding in before? Why stay with the guy when Cas said he's alive and he has two secret service men outside they will likely check in on him?

At the beginning I was a bit upset I was like "Ugh, how does an Archbishop get possessed?" Then I remembered Lucifer is an Angel and the archbishop had to give permission lol. Anyways, glad the vessel jumping is over, I don't like many of these guys playing Lucifer. I had a strange feeling Lucifer was gonna hop into one of the secret service men before Rowena could finish. I kinda think he's in the head of security, just a feeling.

The Nephilim should be interesting though! We only ever encountered one back with Metatron. Here's hoping they don't squander it like last time...

Joni

Courtney Ford is always nice to see. Hope she sticks around for a while and that the real antichrist is coming.

well guess that's proof the guvment has no clue about the existence of the supernatural. I'm going to assume that every president in the SN universe has been possessed by a demon.

Kevin

I have very mixed feelings on this season so far as it doesn't seem to know where it wants to go or maybe we the audience just haven't been clued in enough.

That being said, I'm still enjoying it thus far and the ending of the last episode definitely felt like it mixed things up at least some so I think that's kind of cool. Curious to see where the next batch of episodes takes the show.

Really enjoyed Luci's rant and his lampshading of Cas's nerf.

The agent failing to be charmed/convinced by the boys was refreshing lol

Also, even though Luci is literally just being an asshole I felt another pang of sympathy for him. Damn you SPN, making me feel bad for the devil.

We really. Really. REALLY need to address Cas's uselessness. Seriously, yall drove it home as the reason he said yes last season, and now you're just...continuing to do that?

I hope it's leading to another patch, cause damn, his class needs some upgrades.

Sidenote: I have dish, and it's refusing to record the show for reason. Like, it's set up...but it's not recording.

There was an entire fucking episode about how useless Castiel is. Which literally ended with him asking the audience to forgive him.

He's been the cause of at least three finale cliffhangers, single-handedly caused at least one genocide, let The Ultimate Evil inhabit his body TWICE, and he even went back in time to change history so people would die "the right way".

Dean's even made a comment about how Castiel constantly fucks up.

His character is written so poorly at this point, it's embarrassing.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Yeah honestly they need to do something with Cas, he really feels like he's there just because the writers are worried about the fans throwing a hissy fit if they delete him.

He barely speaks in the episodes as it is anyways.

So Lucy escaped right and he's now in the body of that agent who arrested the brothers?

It's been a really slow season so far, was hoping we'd get a better idea of the direction of this season by now but there's still no big bad and chess pieces are still moving all over the place.

Kevin

Yeah tgis season is lacking direction. Also a lot of "ok" episodes but no amazing ones now that the last great writer left the team.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Caught up over the past week. Been alright.

Those British accents though? Groan.

"Meet Bob, he's your uncle" It's simply "Bob's your uncle"

So I'm watching Season 11 now that it's on Netflix(I know, late and everything), but in Baby when Sam has the dream of his dad, that is such a huge hint to Lucifer. "I could never fool you". Man. So good. This season is so damn good. Definitely top tier like a lot of posters said~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom