• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supernatural Season 12 |OT| Mama, I'm Coming Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I am like 4 episodes behind, but it seems these last few have been solid. And saw the GIF the official Twitter page posted. So,
The Colt is back?

Yea. Also, there's something else. This season could well shape up into something really good, but right now next season might be something to see.

jrush64

Banned
Holy shit!!! That was like the best episode in a very very very very long time. When I say best, I think It was close to a best of all time episode of Supernatural.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Well, there's where that was.

Also, Crowley what the fuck did you do? What the fuck did you do?

Mary and Crowley are stacking LS for this episode. She needs to learn that lying Winchesters are always a bad thing.

BlueSnowboarder

Neo Member
Damn it Mary dont give
The Colt to the endglish!!!!
and also.....Regarding Dean ep...o_O Hilarious yet upsetting. That mirror scene floored me...dayum Jensen......just increasing the level of awesomeness..... :D

So, it looks like we have some new demon tiers, now, don't we?

0. Lucifer
1. Lilith
2. Princess of Hell
3. Knights of Hell
4. Crowley

But here's the question: where do Alastair and Samhain fit, since they have white eyes like Lilith?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume The Colt can't kill Princes(Princesses?) of Hell. So does that mean the list is now:

1. Archangels
2. Leviathans
3. ???
4. Knights of Hell
5. Eve(If she was created)

Also according to Demonology isn't Lucifer one of the Princes of Hell? But I guess since each Prince of Hell has one of the Seven Deadly Sins attributed to them and Supernatural already had a season with Demons that fit those sins it wouldn't work :/.

Edit:
So, it looks like we have some new demon tiers, now, don't we?

0. Lucifer
1. Lilith
2. Princess of Hell
3. Knights of Hell
4. Crowley

But here's the question: where do Alastair and Samhain fit, since they have white eyes like Lilith?

Alistair reported to Lilith right? So perhaps he's right under Lilith. Samhain is on a whole other level since instead of pure white eyes his were murky white and still had his pupils and iris. I don't think Lilith is stronger than the Princes. The guy was able to withstand an Angel blade and not die, Lilith feared Angels so I assume a regular Angel blade could kill her. But we can never know I guess :/.

Before the reveal I thought it was Azazel and the "Cosmic level" of consequences was old Demons coming back somehow.

editx2: O right, I'm an idiot. Azazel was one of the Princes(Princesses) so we've gotten nowhere for like 5 seasons FeelsBadMan

Only 7 minutes in but this episode is a bunch of Reservoir Dogs references, right? The title (Stuck in the middle with you). The diner. The time cuts. The slow walk scene of the crew. Etc.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Yea, the Princes of Hell are not immune to the Colt. Right now the list is still the Knights of Hell, Archangels, Leviathans, and we don't know the last two.

I imagine God and Death. Since Death could only be killed by his own scythe.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
You know I often wondered why it seems like every major supernatural event occurs in the continental US instead of more biblical locations or otherwise, and before I explained it away as writing and budget limitations. But after seeing how ridiculously supercharged the British men of letters arsenal is, it's not entirely unlikely to reason that they just made it impossible for this shit to happen anywhere else on earth, and if they're just now trying to start up operations in the US again then I can only assume they have chapters all over the world except in the US and probably only realized that something was fucked up in the US when sam and dean were saving the world from total destruction on a yearly basis.

I imagine God and Death. Since Death could only be killed by his own scythe.

Death...maybe but God? God wasn't created and the rumour is 5 things in all of creation. With Death, it is possible God created Death. Death claims that neither of them knows who's older, but that could just be God not letting Death know he was created.

I like how Crowley has Lucifer in a cage and calls him dog. Karma. But Lucifer is gonna rip Crowley apart!

Also I like how they addressed just how Crowley got to become King of Hell, wonder if Ramiel bestowed some sort of power on him.

I still think the Colt's list of five are just the four archangels and something else. God and the Darkness are certainly not part of creation, and Death arguably isn't, either. We should note that the only other thing that got shot by it and didn't die was John Winchester, though.

But, really, by this point, the Colt has lost some of its mystique because we've already seen so many "kills anything" weapons:

The Colt
Sword of Archangel
First Blade
Hand(s) of God

And now the Lance of Michael, too. Many of them have already failed to kill something, and most of them aren't going to be tested against the stuff we want to see if they'd work against, like Leviathans (if they even still exist).

EDIT: Oh yeah. I just remembered that Alastair shrugged off being stabbed by Ruby's demon knife, too. He's definitely up there in power.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I'm not sure they count though. From what we know they aren't part of creation.

I feel like the only things immune from the colt are the archangels which would be 4/5. If lucifer was immune then can't we just infer all the other archangels are immune as well?

So really I'd say that it's only likely for 1 thing to be left incapable of being killed by it.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I feel like the only things immune from the colt are the archangels which would be 4/5. If lucifer was immune then can't we just infer all the other archangels are immune as well?

So really I'd say that it's only likely for 1 thing to be left incapable of being killed by it.

I'm not sure each one counts individually.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
We know the knights of hell are immune. They tried using the colt from the past on one and it didn't work. Same with Leviathans. So I don't think each archangel counts individually.

Oh huh I honestly don't even remember these things happening lmao, I thought the last time the colt was fired in the show was to get the phoenix ash and the only thing it was shown to actually fail to kill was lucifer.

But yeah I guess then you're right.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Oh huh I honestly don't even remember these things happening lmao, I thought the last time the colt was fired in the show was to get the phoenix ash and the only thing it was shown to actually fail to kill was lucifer.

But yeah I guess then you're right.

No, apparently I'm remembering wrong. I'm going to go back through this shit.

OK, so as far as we know the only thing on the list is Archangels. Presumably we're going to start going into this again, I should hope.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I just finally saw this weeks ep, Holy Shit!!!!! That was one hell of an episode, it might be my favorite of S12, in fact I'm pretty sure it is. I absolutely loved the Resevoir Dogs homages, I wonder if Tarantino will see this one, LOL!!!!

And even he had no idea how to kill an angel.

Fast forward a few seasons, and now regular people can punch angels out. How far they've fallen.

I just remembered Alastair was a white eyed demon, higher up than the princes, man Super Sam was a beast.
To be fair it was unknown how to kill an Angel by everyone. Even the Men of Letters couldn't kill an Angel, only expel them from their vessel, prevent em from entering areas and most recently null their powers. The only time I remember an Angel being punched by normal people was when the woman had brass knuckles with enochian symbols on it.

I guess at the moment our best bet is the four Archangels and Death. Pretty sure if the cold can kill a Prince it can kill a Knight

Edit: Or rather
Archangels, Death, Leviathans, Eve(if she's part of creation, don't think that's been addressed since they bloody killed her off so quick).

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
To be fair it was unknown how to kill an Angel by everyone. Even the Men of Letters couldn't kill an Angel, only expel them from their vessel, prevent em from entering areas and most recently null their powers. The only time I remember an Angel being punched by normal people was when the woman had brass knuckles with enochian symbols on it.

I guess at the moment our best bet is the four Archangels and Death. Pretty sure if the cold can kill a Prince it can kill a Knight

Archangels, Death, Leviathans, Eve(if she's part of creation, don't think that's been addressed since they bloody killed her off so quick).

I mean, I want to say it can't kill Cain because of how the mark worked.

Remember when Dean went all roid rage on Cas after he iced the Steins?

I mean, I want to say it can't kill Cain because of how the mark worked.
Kinda true I suppose but the mark was a kick that held the darkness so not really. Maybe they'll introduce something else. Maybe Dragons couldn't be killed by the colt? Unless Eve created them...Which I think she did I don't remember.
Remember when Dean went all roid rage on Cas after he iced the Steins?
You mean in the bunker? That's after the fall and Cas was on the defensive, he didn't want to hurt Dean. But yeah it went a little much I guess...I can understand the frustration more now. I forgot about that scene lol.

Normally I don't pop into show OTs, but I just wanted to post that this is the first time in years that I actually look forward to a new episode each week. This season has been fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. Last season was good, but I feel like that was largely because it was the final culmination of everything Carver and Singer had been building to. And despite how messy their run on the show was, they really did a great job of capping it.

This season feels like Dabb came in and said, "You know all those loose ends? Let's tie them. You know what people love about the show for the first five seasons? Let's do that." And it works out great. This most recent episode shows that in spades (plus the 3v1 fight at the end was great). And the thing is that it's almost frustrating, since for the past few years, I've just wanted the show to end. I hate that it went this long, but with a season this good? It frustrates me more, because now I want it to continue.

Also, it's still upsetting that they flat out refuse to address Leviathans and Purgatory and anything from the Gamble era. It wasn't the greatest execution, but I stand by the lore additions that really could have gone somewhere.

CTHULU, MAN! CTHULU!
It took 12 years but we finally know what type of demon Azazel was.

Fantastic episode.
I always figured his eyes were yellow because he dedicated himself to Lucifer.
Technically that was correct, but it doesn't really fit all that well because of how powerful Ramiel was. Though, does that mean that the Colt can kill the Princes?

Kinda true I suppose but the mark was a kick that held the darkness so not really. Maybe they'll introduce something else. Maybe Dragons couldn't be killed by the colt? Unless Eve created them...Which I think she did I don't remember.

You mean in the bunker? That's after the fall and Cas was on the defensive, he didn't want to hurt Dean. But yeah it went a little much I guess...I can understand the frustration more now. I forgot about that scene lol.

Eve was weird in general. She's built up to be this hardcore primordial force and ends up being chump change.

Kevin

Superntural was absolutely top notch this week. Like I didn't expect that quality at all. Almost feels like an entirely different show. Actually it felt very much like a GOOD Kripke episode. The music, the characters, the acting, the story, etc. Just what an awesome episode that was. Completely took me by surprise.

Seeing the reactions, I'm excited. Seeing as how the start of the season, alot of people were negative on it(?).

Still though, can't wait for this to hit netflix.

tirminyl

Ok. That was a fantastic episode and it's been a while since I've said that. I really enjoyed it. I also had to look up the director for this episode and saw that it was done by Gabriel.

How does this show stay relevant? Good episode.

However I am a bit baffled that angel blades are ineffective against a demon. Should be end all be all.

Kevin

I would like to mention that the last two episodes were written by the new writers this season so it absolutely gave me more confidence in these two writers and the future of the show. :)

One thing I don't understand, why didn't Chuck(God) open up heaven and let Angels get back normally instead of having to use a portal? And why are their wings still singed if they can go to Heaven? Or is it only Cas since he has really been back to Heaven in a while.

One thing I don't understand, why didn't Chuck(God) open up heaven and let Angels get back normally instead of having to use a portal? And why are their wings still singed if they can go to Heaven? Or is it only Cas since he has really been back to Heaven in a while.
He didn't particularly care.

And I figured that the whole singed wings was only Cass given the odd circumstances of his angel status.

Mary: "I almost lost one of my boys!"

...because you refused to give up the Colt?

but yeah, fantastic episode!

To be fair, she did look like she was about to give it up until Dean said they wouldn't do what he asked anyways. And it wasn't just because of the Colt, seeing as they were overwhelmed well before they ran to the barn.

Can the Colt not be destroyed? Or do Demons just treat it as a chess piece against one another. Because if I were some nigh-immortal being and someone presented me with one of the few weapons that could kill me I would melt it down ASAP.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Can the Colt not be destroyed? Or do Demons just treat it as a chess piece against one another. Because if I were some nigh-immortal being and someone presented me with one of the few weapons that could kill me I would melt it down ASAP.

It probably can be in fact I really think the purpose of reintroducing the colt is so that it can get used one last time before it's destroyed but I figure that he demon's think they're all smarter for controlling the thing than getting rid of it.

It makes sense for the show runners to want to get rid of the colt because having it makes things significantly less interesting, like I've always assumed the reason they ditched the colt for the demon killing knife was because the knife allowed for more hand to hand fight choreography, while the colt would just be a bang you're dead now.

It probably can be in fact I really think the purpose of reintroducing the colt is so that it can get used one last time before it's destroyed but I figure that he demon's think they're all smarter for controlling the thing than getting rid of it.

It makes sense for the show runners to want to get rid of the colt because having it makes things significantly less interesting, like I've always assumed the reason they ditched the colt for the demon killing knife was because the knife allowed for more hand to hand fight choreography, while the colt would just be a bang you're dead now.
I never figured that the Colt wasn't that overpowered. It can't kill angels and Lucifer for sure. Demons have become significantly weaker as time as gone on, since it feels like they find more and more ways to counter them, plus Sam, Dean, and Castiel are all capable of taking them in h2h fairly well. Yes, the Colt is strong, but last I checked they can't fire any bullet, even after the mods Ruby helped add to. otherwise they would have used the Colt all the time until they lost it again.

It's powerful, but given the increase in overpowered creatures, it's probably been balanced out. Hell, for all we know, leviathans are running around yet (not like they'd mention it anyways) and I doubt the gun can kill those. I'd imagine the demons keep it as a chess piece.

Now as far as overpowered weapons, what happened to Mjolnir?

Remind me who said the Colt can kill all but 5 things. Because I get the feeling whoever said it might not have been privy to half the big baddies the Winchesters have run into.

Edit: Oh, guess it was Lucifer who said that. Guess you could just write it off as him not being trustworthy.
Edit2: While on the topic of the Colt, it's a bit weird Samuel Colt was able to build something so powerful. Have they ever covered why it couldn't be reproduced?

sturmdogg

Demons have become significantly weaker as time as gone on, since it feels like they find more and more ways to counter them, plus Sam, Dean, and Castiel are all capable of taking them in h2h fairly well.

Sam and Dean, sure. Their power level is over 9000 now. But the other hunters? They probably still steer clear of them.

Now as far as overpowered weapons, what happened to Mjolnir?

Remember what Crowley said? "You wouldn't believe what people throw away" or something like that. Chances are he has it in a drawer somewhere.

I havent watched this show since the Season 5 finale

Is it worth catching up? I cant really fathom how they could have keep this show fresh for...seven more seasons.

But really that S5 ending was perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom