• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supernatural Season 12 |OT| Mama, I'm Coming Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I havent watched this show since the Season 5 finale

Is it worth catching up? I cant really fathom how they could have keep this show fresh for...seven more seasons.

But really that S5 ending was perfect.

Seasons 6 through 10 are kind of a disaster for the most part, season 11 was some of the highest quality we have gotten since s5, season 12 is a mixed bag. If you're looking for some fun fluff to kind of casually watch id say pick it back up.

Is it worth catching up? I cant really fathom how they could have keep this show fresh for...seven more seasons.

They couldn't. Seasons 6 through 10 have huge variance in episode quality (mostly bad), but it's not until 11 that it's good again. 12 has a lot of potential, as well, but we'll see.

No they're worth watching. The only terrible sections of the show post-Kripke are all of season 7 and the first half of season 9. The rest isn't as good as the Kripke era, but it's passable television that routinely falls victim to excessive hyperbole.

I can't in good faith recommend it, not with that many mediocre episodes to burn through.

I thought the Colt could kill all but 5 creatures

God and Death being 2 of them(and presumably the Darkness)

Thing is though God & Amara not part of creation, they kinda just came into existence. But I have a feeling that Death was created. Amara did say she doesn't know who this "Death" person was. But that could just be that she knows him by a different name?

Maybe now that they re-introduced it and even mentioned that "5 creatures" thing, they'll finally let us know.

Uhm, 6 is pretty meh, 7 is abysmal trash, 8-10 have episodes that range from passable-decent, 11 is amazing and has some of the best episodes of the series, and 12 started off a little rocky but now is relly good.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Thing is though God & Amara not part of creation, they kinda just came into existence. But I have a feeling that Death was created. Amara did say she doesn't know who this "Death" person was. But that could just be that she knows him by a different name?

Maybe now that they re-introduced it and even mentioned that "5 creatures" thing, they'll finally let us know.

Maybe Death is their dad? Or maybe he just came into existence around the same time as creation did, you can't have life without death.

Except Sam put it in the trunk of the car.

Doesn't make much sense that they can wield that hammer...

Maybe Death is their dad? Or maybe he just came into existence around the same time as creation did, you can't have life without death.

But Amara is the older sister, God came after her. You'd think she'd know Death? You could have Death in a sense, since Amara was the darkness while God was the light. Whenever God created worlds, she'd destroy them. Which now is fucking me in the brain. Apparently God created the Leviathans before Angel & man. but now we learned that God created multiple worlds which Amara kept destroying. So He created Archangels to take out Amara and create the world. So He created Archangels, then Leviathans, then Angels, then man?

Uhm, 6 is pretty meh, 7 is abysmal trash, 8-10 have episodes that range from passable-decent, 11 is amazing and has some of the best episodes of the series, and 12 started off a little rocky but now is relly good.

Hrm.

Amara was a destroyer. Was she into knowing things? From her time on Earth, it seems like she didn't do alot of knowing in the sense of that her destroying things was her normal. I don't think she considered Death as being a thing that existed?

Either way...if Death was 'created' by God, and Death simply lived so long that he forgot he was created...

..it's a mystery. I'm glad they mentioned the 5 creatures tho. Can't wait to watch this one day~

Here's the thing, though: God can die. So, presumably, can Amara. Thus, Death must be at least as old as them.

Also, I thought Dick Roman was a decent villain, despite the rest of the season being so bad (but better than 6, where they didn't just drop the ball; they threw it down).

Death said that he would eventually reap God in the end, but he also says that both of them are so old that who knows who came first. Of course retconning reapers into being angels and going rogue (for no fucking reason) was another shitty product of Carver.

I also really disliked the Darkness a.k.a. Amara given what we knew about Death and God's relationship, but I forgave it because it ended up panning out. That said, Dean killing Death was one of the dumbest fucking things I've seen on this show.
Doesn't make much sense that they can wield that hammer...
Sam used it to kill Thor by exploding his head, and there was no time for any rules to be established. It was just there at the auction. It was in one of the early S8 episodes. Then he put it in the trunk of the car. I really dislike the Carver era. I need to reemphasize that.

Here's the thing, though: God can die. So, presumably, can Amara. Thus, Death must be at least as old as them.

Also, I thought Dick Roman was a decent villain, despite the rest of the season being so bad (but better than 6, where they didn't just drop the ball; they threw it down).

Death reaping God makes no sense to be either...before I guess it could have made sense, but now we know if either God or Amara die, balance is thrown out the window and reality will collapse. As far as we know, only Amara can kill God. Either way they might address this later, since I have a feeling they will also address the 5 creatures which we've been debating about since it's introduction :p.

Death said that he would eventually reap God in the end, but he also says that both of them are so old that who knows who came first. Of course retconning reapers into being angels and going rogue (for no fucking reason) was another shitty product of Carver.

I also really disliked the Darkness a.k.a. Amara given what we knew about Death and God's relationship, but I forgave it because it ended up panning out. That said, Dean killing Death was one of the dumbest fucking things I've seen on this show.

Sam used it to kill Thor by exploding his head, and there was no time for any rules to be established. It was just there at the auction. It was in one of the early S8 episodes. Then he put it in the trunk of the car. I really dislike the Carver era. I need to reemphasize that.

Yeah I guess. Carver is a pretty bad era, best to kinda just windex our minds of it lol.
I still don't think Death is dead...Death is a very, very intelligent entity, highly unlikely that he'd actually think Dean would kill Sam.

Joni

Death reaping God makes no sense to be either...before I guess it could have made sense, but now we know if either God or Amara die, balance is thrown out the window and reality will collapse.
Seems to me that if Death ever reached the point where he would need to kill God, reality didn't matter anymore.

Nah. Season 6 was where they had a lot of great passes thrown their way, but their receiver was butterfingers and always dropping the ball at the last second, but the occasional spectacular touchdown. (French Mistake sends its regards!)

Season 7 was just shitty throw after shitty throw, with one or two decent pass completions, but never getting a touchdown.

Season 8 was them increasing their ground game and just grinding away, and then halfway through they were just powering through any opposition for score after score.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Holy shit. This episode.

Out of nowhere, they throw us one of the best episodes in the series.

I stand by this season being quite good but with the problem of it lacking a theme -- and the Lucifer stuff in the first half just didn't work for me

And then in one episode, they bring back two huge elements of the show and add to the lore in big ways.

We find out exactly what kind of demon Azazel was and it's done in a way that makes complete sense. We find out that Crowley grabbed the gun after Dean dropped it in season 5's mid-season finale. We got legitimate scary demons again, one of the greatest "family" scenes in the series with Cas and the boys and one of my favorite fight scenes in the series.

Amazingly impressed.

ZeoVGM

Banned
One thing I don't understand, why didn't Chuck(God) open up heaven and let Angels get back normally instead of having to use a portal? And why are their wings still singed if they can go to Heaven? Or is it only Cas since he has really been back to Heaven in a while.

I wondered that too but truthfully, I think the best answer is that God is just a dick. He just didn't care.

As for the wings, that has nothing to do with going to Heaven. Any angel that fell at the end of season 8 lost their wings, which takes away their ability to teleport. They can still enter and exit Heaven through the portal but their wings are forever gone. I assume God could fix that but simply didn't.

Death reaping God makes no sense to be either...before I guess it could have made sense, but now we know if either God or Amara die, balance is thrown out the window and reality will collapse. As far as we know, only Amara can kill God. Either way they might address this later, since I have a feeling they will also address the 5 creatures which we've been debating about since it's introduction :p.

Yeah I guess. Carver is a pretty bad era, best to kinda just windex our minds of it lol.
I still don't think Death is dead...Death is a very, very intelligent entity, highly unlikely that he'd actually think Dean would kill Sam.
The problem with Carver is the previous shit doesn't matter anymore. He just did whatever. -Crowley was around during Mesopotamia fighting angels due to his conversation with Naomi (remember her?), however S6 established that he was much, much later than that when he was born in Scotland in the 1400-1600s.
-Even though reapers were established as their own race, with the only weapon known to kill them being Death's Scythe, they became angels instead.
-Introduced the Hands of God, yet completely forget about the angelic weapons introduced in S6

There's a couple other continuity issues I have, but I can't think of them right now. Most of my problems stem from overall writing: pacing issues, lack of cohesive direction, overall character arcs and writjng, the lack of a desire to build a strong cast (Why the fuck would you kill Charlie and Kevin? Seriously).

Gamble may have fucked up the execution, but I'll be damed if I wasn't far more intrigued in her direction and lore contributions than I ever was with Carver. And Daub is just olaying clean-up, which I'm loving.

Seems to me that if Death ever reached the point where he would need to kill God, reality didn't matter anymore.

I figure Heaven would be included in that, so do Angels and all those souls cease to exist too? I feel like Death just said that to make himself appear to be mega powerful or something, or he thinks he can reap God, but actually can't.

I wondered that too but truthfully, I think the best answer is that God is just a dick. He just didn't care.

As for the wings, that has nothing to do with going to Heaven. Any angel that fell at the end of season 8 lost their wings, which takes away their ability to teleport. They can still enter and exit Heaven through the portal but their wings are forever gone. I assume God could fix that but simply didn't.

What I mean is that an Angel can heal wounds when they go to Heaven, right? I think Cas mentioned having to go to Heaven to heal wounds before. I just want their damn wings back, dammit!

The problem with Carver is the previous shit doesn't matter anymore. He just did whatever. -Crowley was around during Mesopotamia fighting angels due to his conversation with Naomi (remember her?), however S6 established that he was much, much later than that when he was born in Scotland in the 1400-1600s.
-Even though reapers were established as their own race, with the only weapon known to kill them being Death's Scythe, they became angels instead.
-Introduced the Hands of God, yet completely forget about the angelic weapons introduced in S6

There's a couple other continuity issues I have, but I can't think of them right now. Most of my problems stem from overall writing: pacing issues, lack of cohesive direction, overall character arcs and writjng, the lack of a desire to build a strong cast (Why the fuck would you kill Charlie and Kevin? Seriously).

Gamble may have fucked up the execution, but I'll be damed if I wasn't far more intrigued in her direction and lore contributions than I ever was with Carver. And Daub is just olaying clean-up, which I'm loving.

Yeah the reapers being Angels shit pissed A LOT of people off. The Angel of death(religiously speaking) is Azrael and he died during the fall(which is also stupid). So for them to just be like yeah these reapers are actually Angels even though there was absolutely no prior reasoning for them to be. I don't recall that bit of Crowly fighting Angels, but then again I forgot about reapers being Angels...a lot of the Carver era is lost to me, subconsciously blocked it out probably lol.

Kevin dying made a little bit of sense, Metatron saw him as a threat and killed him then prevented future prophets from being chosen(that was then reversed, then that prophet died so who's the new prophet? Also why didn't Crowly have that prophet in custody...? GODDAMMIT MORE QUESTIONS!)

Charlie dying made ZERO sense it was a cheap way to just be like yeah, she's no longer needed lololol. She takes on one of those roidrage guys, unarmed, when he has two arms. Then she has a knife, guy has one arm, she loses. Yah, okay, fuck you bullshit writers!

Unfortunately, the Carver era seems to be canon now, so that kind of sucks, since those stupid changes all stuck. At least we're getting back to some Kripke era stuff.

Gamble stuff is pretty much gone, though we did see one Leviathan in a dream or something relatively recently.

Yeah the reapers being Angels shit pissed A LOT of people off. The Angel of death(religiously speaking) is Azrael and he died during the fall(which is also stupid). So for them to just be like yeah these reapers are actually Angels even though there was absolutely no prior reasoning for them to be. I don't recall that bit of Crowly fighting Angels, but then again I forgot about reapers being Angels...a lot of the Carver era is lost to me, subconsciously blocked it out probably lol.

Kevin dying made a little bit of sense, Metatron saw him as a threat and killed him then prevented future prophets from being chosen(that was then reversed, then that prophet died so who's the new prophet? Also why didn't Crowly have that prophet in custody...? GODDAMMIT MORE QUESTIONS!)

Charlie dying made ZERO sense it was a cheap way to just be like yeah, she's no longer needed lololol. She takes on one of those roidrage guys, unarmed, when he has two arms. Then she has a knife, guy has one arm, she loses. Yah, okay, fuck you bullshit writers!
The Steins were what should have been a season long arc that only had four episodes. And killing Kevin was dumb from a writing persoective. I get why Metatron would want to do it, but I don't think it should have happened. Especially considering how dumb keeping Gadreel a secret from Sam was.

Oh, and Crowley mentions him and Naomi being bang buddies in Mesopotamia, which was a milennia ago, which is the last time angels were officially on Earth. But let's say that Naomi was another unsanctioned visit and that angels and demons weren't at war at that time, it was still well before Crowley existed, so it doesn't work.

ZeoVGM

Banned
I am going to be incredibly disappointed if we don't get an episode with Bobby this season. He was in season 11 but it was a flashback episode. Season 10 was the last time we saw what he was up to in Heaven and he got in trouble with the angels for helping Sam and Cas.

This would be the first season in the series without him being in at least one episode so I hope that isn't the case.

I am going to be incredibly disappointed if we don't get an episode with Bobby this season. He was in season 11 but it was a flashback episode. Season 10 was the last time we saw what he was up to in Heaven and he got in trouble with the angels for helping Sam and Cas.

This would be the first season in the series without him being in at least one episode so I hope that isn't the case.

I'd be more than okay with it. It's just fan service at this point. S8 was particularly bad.

Really? Then it's probably in the bunker by now. In a drawer somewhere.

Unless I'm mistaken, but I distinctly remember him doing that at the end of that episode.

Fake EDIT: Apparently I am incorrect and have been this whole time, as it was Villi, not Thor, who Sam killed with the hammer, and Sam left it on the floor on a pile of Villi's remains.

That makes me angrier, actually.

"What's Up, Tiger Mommy?" is the episode in question.

Deadly

Definitely not. It's basically 99% trash 1% good. Like you'll find good episodes here and there but there's way too much junk to wade through.

The only two stand-out episodes, IMO, are S6E15 and S10E05. First one is basically what happens if Dean and Sam enter the real world, funny stuff. While the other is a fun musical that retreads bits of S1-5.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Definitely not. It's basically 99% trash 1% good. Like you'll find good episodes here and there but there's way too much junk to wade through.

The only two stand-out episodes, IMO, are S6E15 and S10E05. First one is basically what happens if Dean and Sam enter the real world, funny stuff. While the other is a fun musical that retreads bits of S1-5.

Going to have to completely disagree here. I'm nearing the end of my complete series rewatch (on season 10) and despite the up and down nature of quality, saying it's 99% trash is pure hyperbole.

Season 6 is a very mixed bag but I mean, you're forgetting "The Man Who Would Be King," which is a fantastic episode that showed how Cas ended up where he was. Dean as Death for a day and the wild west episodes were good. The fairy episode was very funny.

Season 7 is a mess, no doubt. Arguably the worst season of the show. It starts out very strong and Mark Pellegrino was amazing in Sam's visions but it's clear they had no idea what they were doing with the Leviathan arc and they badly misplayed the "ghost Bobby" idea. "Death's Door" is one of the best episodes of the series, however, and certainly belongs up there with the two you mentioned.

Season 8 is really good and a return to form. Crowley was a great Big Bad, closing the gates of Hell/the Trials was an interesting idea, introducing the bunker and the Men of Letters was awesome, Benny and Kevin were really good characters. The second half is definitely better thanks to no Sam/Amelia flashbacks and it had arguably the best finale in the series other than season 5.

Season 9 was fairly weak overall as it squandered the potential from the angels falling and Cas becoming human. This was really the peak of the Dean/Sam fighting angst and it was way too much at times. But it also had "First Born," "Meta Fiction," and "Blade Runners."

I remember season 10 being somewhat solid after botching the Demon Dean idea in the beginning but I just got to that in my rewatch so I won't give a full opinion yet.

But season 11 is just awesome. Easily one of the best seasons with a lot of great mythology episodes and some of the best standalone episodes in years.

It's definitely worth watching Supernatural after season 5. Even during its low points, it remains entertaining due to the characters. But it still has plenty of moments of greatness and seasons 8 and 11 are legitimately great -- especially 11. The only season I would label as truly bad is season 7.

ZeoVGM

Banned
For those who are interested in knowing ahead of time, an episode synopsis in March confirms the return of a character we haven't seen since season 7:
the Alpha Vampire

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
For those who are interested in knowing ahead of time, an episode synopsis in March confirms the return of a character we haven't seen since season 7:
the Alpha Vampire

I hope they have an
iridium blade
in their trunk.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Now that I've more time to process last week's episode, I have one question:

What the hell did Crowley do?

How is Lucifer back in his original vessel? It was close to being destroyed by the time he hopped into Sam and the last we saw of it, it was lying on the ground in a crappy apartment in Detroit eight years ago.

Did Crowley also grab the vessel, as he did with the Colt, and preserve it for some reason? Did he work some really dark magic?

And why? I think it's obvious he didn't have any bad intentions with this. It's clear at this point that he legitimately cares about Sam, Dean and Cas.

So many questions.

I am okay with them retconning that the Mark Pellegrino vessel can't last, as he is far and away the best actor who's played the role.

That said, I feel like he could probably leave whenever he wants, but he no longer has motivation to do it.

Elandyll

Banned
I thought the Colt could kill all but 5 creatures

God and Death being 2 of them(and presumably the Darkness)
5 "beings" in all creation, is how the colt was presented.

The most logical as of now is (God and The Darkness being outside creation)

Lucifer
Gabriel
Raphael
Michael

And Death? (Not sure if technically it is part of creation)

mmmmm

couldnt it be that since he is in hell he is not really on his vessell, and lucifer is just projecting nick?

Yeah that's the current go-to. While in Hell he doesn't need a vessel and probably just really likes that vessel(makes sense since he wore it for a long ass time). Mark is also my favourite Lucifer, so no complains from me :D.

I am okay with them retconning that the Mark Pellegrino vessel can't last, as he is far and away the best actor who's played the role.

That said, I feel like he could probably leave whenever he wants, but he no longer has motivation to do it.

Doubt it, looks like he's handcuffed so I'm assuming it's handcuffs that suppress his power.

I hope they bring back Michael and Gabriel, too.

Raphael can stay dead, unless they get Demore Barnes again.

Michael they can 100% bring back, since he was just in the cage, and by extension BRING ADAM BACK FFS! "Family sticks together...unless you're our half brother then you can rot in hell. Literally."

As for Gabrile I want him back SO BAD! We got a taste of him when Metatron was messing with Cas, and I just want more of him #NoCannibalism

5 "beings" in all creation, is how the colt was presented.

The most logical as of now is (God and The Darkness being outside creation)

Lucifer
Gabriel
Raphael
Michael

And Death? (Not sure if technically it is part of creation)

Unno, seems like by "creatures" they mean 5 different types of creatures, as opposed to if he said "5 beings". but that could just be arguing semantics. Like I've said though, they addressed that "5 creatures" think again so HOPEFULLY they will settle it once and for all. I'm glad how they showed us what type of demon Azazel was, so I'm confident in their explanation of the big 5 too.

ZeoVGM

Banned
mmmmm

couldnt it be that since he is in hell he is not really on his vessell, and lucifer is just projecting nick?

Yeah that's the current go-to. While in Hell he doesn't need a vessel and probably just really likes that vessel(makes sense since he wore it for a long ass time).

That's the thing: they're not in Hell. They're in a old asylum in Fall River, MA.

The show did a very poor job of explaining that. Crowley's lair was introduced in early season 10 and I think a lot of people assumed it was in Hell. But Sam and Dean found out where it was in early season 11 and broke into it. It was the episode where we found out Amara was God's sister.

So yeah, that's the big question. They're on Earth, which means Lucifer is in the Nick vessel again.

Uh...Since when could a Prince of Hell waste an Angel by mere touch? Azazel feared Angels, didn't he? Plus I thought it was Knights of Hell > Princes of Hell, and even Abbadon feared the Angels. I thought that maybe she stabbed them, but a) Angels don't become ash when stabbed by an Angel Blade, and b) she had no weapon, at least not one that I saw...they better address that.

Crowley having...feelings and almost crying :(. Reminds me of when Sam was trying to cure him. Also lol at Dean and Marys exchange "Don't give me that face" "What face?" "That one!" -averts his eyes-.

I figured Crowley & his demons had something to do with Lucifers vessel remaining in tact, but why would he keep it for so long? How'd he know he'd need it? And while on the subject, how could they restore it and make it capable of withstanding his immense grace? If demons could alter a vessel to do that, why couldn't Angels just get the consent for Michael then alter the body to withstand his grace instead of going through figurative hell trying to get Dean to say yes...further more since when does Lucifer say God? I swear he always says Father, Dad, Daddy, etc. Has he said God before?

Edit: forgot to mention, they've uped the special effects really well. Also don't they have to put that symbol on a door for the guy to go back in time? Or I'm I thinking of a different spell? Also if he went back in time Sam and Dean shouldn't remember him or the case, right? Freaking time traveling man...

Media

Luci spends half a season burning through vessels looking for one that will work...so Crowley captures him by creating a perfect one for him? Crowley when did you catch the dumb ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Happy to have Mark back though

FoxSpirit

Seasons 6 through 10 are kind of a disaster for the most part, season 11 was some of the highest quality we have gotten since s5, season 12 is a mixed bag. If you're looking for some fun fluff to kind of casually watch id say pick it back up.

They couldn't. Seasons 6 through 10 have huge variance in episode quality (mostly bad), but it's not until 11 that it's good again. 12 has a lot of potential, as well, but we'll see.
Bullshit. S6-S8 were great fun, it's really only S9+S10 that were dragging a bit, despite having some great characters.

Plus up to S8 the practical effects team had a field day. :p I was thrilled, my sister less so. S9+10 basically eliminated everything aside from light blood, in S11 they allowed themselfes to be a bit more graphic again. And seriously, this is a show with some horrid brutal monsters and deaths, no reason to go all PG on it.

Bullshit. S6-S8 were great fun, it's really only S9+S10 that were dragging a bit, despite having some great characters.

Plus up to S8 the practical effects team had a field day. :p I was thrilled, my sister less so. S9+10 basically eliminated everything aside from light blood, in S11 they allowed themselfes to be a bit more graphic again. And seriously, this is a show with some horrid brutal monsters and deaths, no reason to go all PG on it.
My problem with 6 through 10 (but more so the Gamble era) is that they would pick up interesting plot threads and then drop them. Alphas, Grandpa, dragons, Eve, foreign monsters appearing in the States, new and unnamed monsters, soulless Sam, the leviathans' grand plan--all of these were dropped.

Carver of course also did us no favors by pretty much ignoring all of Gamble's additions. And he also had his own share of interesting plot threads that just got ignored.

It wasn't until recently that we started to pick some of these threads up again.

BlueSnowboarder

Neo Member
Going to have to completely disagree here. I'm nearing the end of my complete series rewatch (on season 10) and despite the up and down nature of quality, saying it's 99% trash is pure hyperbole.

Season 6 is a very mixed bag but I mean, you're forgetting "The Man Who Would Be King," which is a fantastic episode that showed how Cas ended up where he was. Dean as Death for a day and the wild west episodes were good. The fairy episode was very funny.

Season 7 is a mess, no doubt. Arguably the worst season of the show. It starts out very strong and Mark Pellegrino was amazing in Sam's visions but it's clear they had no idea what they were doing with the Leviathan arc and they badly misplayed the "ghost Bobby" idea. "Death's Door" is one of the best episodes of the series, however, and certainly belongs up there with the two you mentioned.

Season 8 is really good and a return to form. Crowley was a great Big Bad, closing the gates of Hell/the Trials was an interesting idea, introducing the bunker and the Men of Letters was awesome, Benny and Kevin were really good characters. The second half is definitely better thanks to no Sam/Amelia flashbacks and it had arguably the best finale in the series other than season 5.

Season 9 was fairly weak overall as it squandered the potential from the angels falling and Cas becoming human. This was really the peak of the Dean/Sam fighting angst and it was way too much at times. But it also had "First Born," "Meta Fiction," and "Blade Runners."

I remember season 10 being somewhat solid after botching the Demon Dean idea in the beginning but I just got to that in my rewatch so I won't give a full opinion yet.

But season 11 is just awesome. Easily one of the best seasons with a lot of great mythology episodes and some of the best standalone episodes in years.

It's definitely worth watching Supernatural after season 5. Even during its low points, it remains entertaining due to the characters. But it still has plenty of moments of greatness and seasons 8 and 11 are legitimately great -- especially 11. The only season I would label as truly bad is season 7.

Thank you for saying what I have been trying to put into words every time I read a post about how after 6 is complete trash because...no they aren't.

Can't believe how negative y'all can get for a show we all clearly love and that has had it's epic moments along with the bad (any show running this long will have bad moments...its inevitable) The fact that this is still ongoing and going strong shows its still good and well worth watching past S5.

I'll agree I mostly enjoyed 7 for all the Dick Roman related jokes lol. Even if you just watch for the acting quality it's well worth it because that as always remains fantastic.

It was mainly the terrible CGI that annoyed me with S7. They couldn't do any better than fork tongues and big jaws that took over the face? Levithans are supposed to be intimidating gargantuan sea serpents. These were laughable. The shape shifting was cool though, as was their lore. The lack of wrapping it up properly is what really annoys me. Sure Dick is dead(dick jokes were funny for sometime but went on for too long) but did the levithans just cease to do anything? Don't they eat or do anything that brings hunters to question things?

Season 7 wasn't 100% trash it had some good episodes(I especially love the one where Cas remembers who he is. Amazing music and they choose great memories to showcase).

BlueSnowboarder

Neo Member
It was mainly the terrible CGI that annoyed me with S7. They couldn't do any better than fork tongues and big jaws that took over the face? Levithans are supposed to be intimidating gargantuan sea serpents. These were laughable. The shape shifting was cool though, as was their lore. The lack of wrapping it up properly is what really annoys me. Sure Dick is dead(dick jokes were funny for sometime but went on for too long) but did the levithans just cease to do anything? Don't they eat or do anything that brings hunters to question things?

Season 7 wasn't 100% trash it had some good episodes(I especially love the one where Cas remembers who he is. Amazing music and they choose great memories to showcase).

I think that when Dick died the rest of them also did.....wasn't there something about cutting off the head of the snake and the rest would flounder....so....die off? The God Tablet said not to bother with the 'herd' but to go after the main master cause they got their power from them. I mean the Leviathan took over normal people right? So I think that once the 'head' aka Dick Roman was severed the rest ceased to be....and since they were shown in Purgatory later I'm pretty sure they all ended up back there after....

But I agree with you on the lore being cool and they probably could have wrapped it up a little better....I always wanted to know for sure that Frank was dead :(

I think they actually went out of their way to say that killing Dick would not kill the rest of them, but they would just scatter without a leader or plan. So they're still definitely around, but we just never see or talk about them.

I think that when Dick died the rest of them also did.....wasn't there something about cutting off the head of the snake and the rest would flounder....so....die off? The God Tablet said not to bother with the 'herd' but to go after the main master cause they got their power from them. I mean the Leviathan took over normal people right? So I think that once the 'head' aka Dick Roman was severed the rest ceased to be....and since they were shown in Purgatory later I'm pretty sure they all ended up back there after....

But I agree with you on the lore being cool and they probably could have wrapped it up a little better....I always wanted to know for sure that Frank was dead :(
Nah it's said without a leader they kinda just lose all organization. Crawley even mentioned without Dick the levithans just become "just another monster" albeit harder to stop. The ones in purgatory were probably some that never left? Never really understood the ones in purgatory unless they became killable after Dick died?

ZeoVGM

Banned
Another really good episode. I like what they're doing in this second half of the season. That was a fairly old school ghost story but mixed with tying up loose ends from a few seasons ago and getting a chance to see multiple characters shine.

I like that they didn't drag out Mary keeping the secret from the boys.

And yep, that confirms it: Lucifer is back in the Nick vessel. Crowley is insane and grabbed the body and repaired it. Because he's apparently an idiot.

(In other words, the writers wanted to find a way to get Mark back into the show and I'm totally fine with it.)

BlueSnowboarder

Neo Member
I think they actually went out of their way to say that killing Dick would not kill the rest of them, but they would just scatter without a leader or plan. So they're still definitely around, but we just never see or talk about them.

Nah it's said without a leader they kinda just lose all organization. Crawley even mentioned without Dick the levithans just become "just another monster" albeit harder to stop. The ones in purgatory were probably some that never left? Never really understood the ones in purgatory unless they became killable after Dick died?
ooooohhhh......ok well then yeah..they shoulda wrapped that up a bit better.....

BlueSnowboarder

Neo Member
Ok this weeks episode was back up there on the creepy factor. Yay :D

so awesome to have Mark back and now they have the way to keep him which I dont think anyone is complaining about :D.

British Men Of Letters.....continuing to annoy me but love that her working with them didn't stay a secret for the entire season like some past ones.....lookin at you Sam and Dean.....although they have gotten better at being honest too :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom