• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supernatural Season 12 |OT| Mama, I'm Coming Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

xrnzaaas

I just caught up and, man, this season has been godawful so far. It's like they completely ran out of ideas (and writers). I was waiting for
Jack Bauer
to help the boys in the last ep. :/ The main storyline in the previous season wasn't great, but it wasn't this trainwreck, and by the same time as this year we already had at least two awesome case of the week episodes (Baby <3).

Only the sixth episode (Asa Fox) was passable, but I still hate that they sidelined Mary so quickly. Couldn't they at least make an illusion that the actress will stay longer?

E-flux

I stopped watching Supernatural after the 4th or 5th season, the one where the vessel arc ended. Should i watch more of it or did the series go downhill like it seemed?

I stopped watching Supernatural after the 4th or 5th season, the one where the vessel arc ended. Should i watch more of it or did the series go downhill like it seemed?
It takes a huge nosedive in quality after season 5, but the last season (11) is actually just as good as the first five seasons. This current season is kind of back to crap, though.

I just got caught up on season 11(I only watched the first 5 episodes or so through the cw site, i couldn't handle the loading times).

damn that was a good season. That was a damn fine season.

Jhoan

Without spoiling anything, I will say that I enjoyed this latest episode a lot as well and look forward to the next one. It was a good return to form.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
If that deal they broke comes back to bite them in the ass later I'm gonna be a little miffed.

Also thank god billy is dead, literally the anti-fun character.

It was an alright episode that I guess introduces the British men of letters as a more prominent villain for the rest of the season?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
If that deal they broke comes back to bite them in the ass later I'm gonna be a little miffed.

Also thank god billy is dead, literally the anti-fun character.

It was an alright episode that I guess introduces the British men of letters as a more prominent villain for the rest of the season?

Of course it's going to come back and bite them in the ass. You don't set something like that up and not use it.

Kevin

This episode was a lot better and more fun then I was expecting. I really enjoyed it. Movement on the plot front, some emotional scenes that I felt worked pretty well and the episode in general felt pretty fresh.

I really hope for some good Men of Letters developments in future episodes. There is so much to explore with them.

Pretty clever way to escape tbh. I don't like how the MoL pretty much slaughtered all those men...They're no better than the monsters they kill. Now that Boring Billy is dead I wonder what will happen? Will Death show up and bbe like loljks not ded. Will he state furiously at Dean and be like "see what I meant when I said helping a Winchester bites me in the ass" or will God's Angel of Death come into play :0? Castiel speech got me in the feels though.

Natiko

Banned
Been kind of a mixed season after really enjoying the last one. Not all bad but it's lacked focus. The latest episode I really enjoyed though. Hopefully the show can find its footing again going forward.

Kevin

Pretty clever way to escape tbh. I don't like how the MoL pretty much slaughtered all those men...They're no better than the monsters they kill. Now that Boring Billy is dead I wonder what will happen? Will Death show up and bbe like loljks not ded. Will he state furiously at Dean and be like "see what I meant when I said helping a Winchester bites me in the ass" or will God's Angel of Death come into play :0? Castiel speech got me in the feels though.

Yeah I felt like there was absolutely no reason for the Men of Letters to commit a huge massacre like that. That was my only major gripe with the episode. Seemed way out of place.

Kevin

Nobody watching anymore? Unfortunately I worked so I didn't get a chance to watch it yet. Hope it's solid.

xrnzaaas

So I just watched the ninth episode. It was bad for most part (the escape was poorly written and the government guys were useless), but I did like the ending. And yeah, it's definitely going to have repercussions. My bet is on Castiel dying this season.

Syrus

Banned
So I just watched the ninth episode. It was bad for most part (the escape was poorly written and the government guys were useless), but I did like the ending. And yeah, it's definitely going to have repercussions. My bet is on Castiel dying this season.

He cant die :(

xrnzaaas

What it could shake things up. ;p

Episode 10 was a pretty good angel themed one. I'm suprised they managed to get Alicia Witt on board, she seems to star mostly in more ambitious projects. :)

ZeoVGM

Banned
What it could shake things up. ;p

Episode 10 was a pretty good angel themed one. I'm suprised they managed to get Alicia Witt on board, she seems to star mostly in more ambitious projects. :)

I think Cas is there until the end at this point, probably Crowley too.

Personally, I wish they would continue moving into a larger ensemble. Obviously the show is still Sam + Dean but I think Misha should be contracted for all 22/23 episodes at this point. Just have him on normal cases with the boys, living at the bunker for real, etc.

As for the newest episode, I still have to watch it. Last week was alright. It bothered me in a few ways.

- Billie was the first character in a while to truly feel like a threat to the boys. The threat of being thrown into "the empty" if one of them dies again felt real. Now that they killed (another) character off, that's gone. (But it did lead to one of my favorite Cas moments ever right after.)

- The whole "caught by the government" plot is one of the most epic things they could do. It's essentially the peak of that storyline that they've had pop up a few times in the series. It was disappointing to have the set be so cheap-looking and for the escape to be that easy.

- Dean saying that he's been to hell but "that was worse" is honestly one of the worst moments in the entire series for me, in that it made absolutely zero sense and was completely out of character. He was there for six weeks. He's literally been to hell and physically tortured for decades. No, it wasn't worse.

If the show did something shocking and fairly ballsy like having there be some sort of year-long time jump, it would have worked very well. But that was just silly. And with a time jump, they could have established that Mary and Cas couldn't find the boys at all and when they get out, they'd see that the British Men of Letters now have a big influence in America and that Mary and Cas started hunting together. Would have been interesting.

... But not six weeks.

I'm being too negative, I still love the show. Just some frustrating stuff this season but it feels like a rebuilding year, so it's not the end of the world.

BlueSnowboarder

Neo Member
If an angel can tell when a Nephlim is being conceived.....ick....:p how come they can't tell when one dies?....especially when theyre in the vicinity....But otherwise loved it, and also....dayam Dean :D <3 :p

If an angel can tell when a Nephlim is being conceived.....ick....:p how come they can't tell when one dies?....especially when theyre in the vicinity....But otherwise loved it, and also....dayam Dean :D <3 :p

Which begs the question, why did the Nephilim that Metatron and Castiel kill live so long without being detected? Like they ended up killing her, but she was grown up by the time they dealt with her.

I'm glad so many characters are pointing out how weak Cas is now lol. Also second Seraph we've seen now(third if we include Castiel since he became a Seraphim after his first death I think).

I feel bad for those Angels the girl killed, they didn't know what atrocities shitlord committed :(. Also the Angel they killed for thinking he had sex with the woman.

If you can't tell, I'm shit with remembering names lol...

- Dean saying that he's been to hell but "that was worse" is honestly one of the worst moments in the entire series for me, in that it made absolutely zero sense and was completely out of character. He was there for six weeks. He's literally been to hell and physically tortured for decades. No, it wasn't worse.

Unno, there's only so much pain you can inflict on someone before it doesn't effect them as much. Solitary confinement has much worse effects on a person than physical beating...psychological torture is horrible man.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Which begs the question, why did the Nephilim that Metatron and Castiel kill live so long without being detected? Like they ended up killing her, but she was grown up by the time they dealt with her.

I'm glad so many characters are pointing out how weak Cas is now lol. Also second Seraph we've seen now(third if we include Castiel since he became a Seraphim after his first death I think).

I feel bad for those Angels the girl killed, they didn't know what atrocities shitlord committed :(. Also the Angel they killed for thinking he had sex with the woman.

Unno, there's only so much pain you can inflict on someone before it doesn't effect them as much. Solitary confinement has much worse effects on a person than physical beating...psychological torture is horrible man.

Oh, I agree. But it was 6 weeks, haha. Dean was in hell for DECADES.

Oh, I agree. But it was 6 weeks, haha. Dean was in hell for DECADES.
True but six weeks of complete isolation and literally nothing to do but count the days pass by. Eith all the crap he's bean through I'm sure his mind started screwing with him :p. Also don't forget he started torturing souls, I forgot how long he lasted before he started inflicting the torture.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
That was a fairly solid monster of the week episode, I missed the dickbag angels glad to see that come back.

Although it was weird how before the twist when the angels said "she was a nephilim so we killed her" sam and dean were all like "how could you :(" when they know full well that nephilim are bad news.

Hell they've already killed one in season 9 and they're actively tracking another.

Why would they get all high and mighty about protecting one now?

That was a fairly solid monster of the week episode, I missed the dickbag angels glad to see that come back.

Although it was weird how before the twist when the angels said "she was a nephilim so we killed her" sam and dean were all like "how could you :(" when they know full well that nephilim are bad news.

Hell they've already killed one in season 9 and they're actively tracking another.

Why would they get all high and mighty about protecting one now?
Probably because it was a child. They didn't even show the usual, dumb stabbing scene.

Bit late, but did the Angels lose Prayer GPS with the fall?
I'm assuming they can still hear it but just can't instantly show up anymore, due to their broken wings.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

I think the hybrids aren't as easy to track as pure angels and demons. Don't forget they've lost one anti Christ candidate before this one and hes just gone. It seems to me like they just luckily run into these kids, otherwise they just live out their lives.

Speaking of which, I'd like to see that kid vs the nephilim.

But actually, I have a feeling they will Worf him, like they did the Trickster.

Elandyll

Banned
It seems very possible to me that the current season is going to take a left turn and concentrate again on the English branch of the Men of Letters after some catastrophic event (I'm going to guess failing at preventing the birth of the Antichrist).

I also find the way the MoL operate weird, I have a feeling that the English branch is actually controlled by a top demon or monster in England, who wants full control over the entire country and no competition from other types of monsters.

Season 13 will imo be all about The Antichrist (benefiting from accelerated growth), and the need for God/ Amara to return to fight it. Could be the last season?

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
It seems very possible to me that the current season is going to take a left turn and concentrate again on the English branch of the Men of Letters after some catastrophic event (I'm going to guess failing at preventing the birth of the Antichrist).

I also find the way the MoL operate weird, I have a feeling that the English branch is actually controlled by a top demon or monster in England, who wants full control over the entire country and no competition from other types of monsters.

Season 13 will imo be all about The Antichrist (benefiting from accelerated growth), and the need for God/ Amara to return to fight it. Could be the last season?

Nah. Cosmic consequences.

They'll have to fight Cthulhu to rescue Cas who's been possessed by one of the entity's dreams.

lmao this episode was hilarious, I loved it! I want that rabbit from the beginning :3. Also, calling lamps "light sticks" from now on.

Despite the large amount of hilarious moments like Dead saying "Sucks for that guy" when Sam was like "Dean is gonna die?" my heart strings were tugged when he looked in the mirror and kept repeating "My name is Dean Winchester" and becoming more and more unsure with each time :(.

But him going "Who's this hippie?" and scaring Sam shitless xD.

My question is how did they find out the translation if he killed both witches?

FoxSpirit

This episode contained a great impression of Alzheimers. Plus Ackles showed serious acting chops there, the mirror scene was fantastic.

I am like 4 episodes behind, but it seems these last few have been solid. And saw the GIF the official Twitter page posted. So,
The Colt is back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom