• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supernatural Season 12 |OT| Mama, I'm Coming Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
WELP

Man that alternate Earth raises so many questions. Does that mean there's another Lucifer walking around? Hell is another God?!

I was gonna say Michael should've killed him but without Sam and Dean(and Adam, where the fuck is Adam)....who are the vessals? Well I guess they could still fight in imperfect ones

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I wish they brought AU Bobby back to their world with them. If hes been running through angels and demons then he's just as effective if not more than our Bobby. I'm kinda curious about if you die in the AU world, if you go to AU heaven/hell.

And can we talk about giving jody some sort of mvp medal? Between being the one to find the leviathans weakness to killing a denmother camp, and dropping one of the heads of the men of letters, she has mad stripes

ZeoVGM

Banned
I'm posting at the end of the first part without reading any reactions yet.

That was awesome. The scene between Dean and Mary in her head (Jensen friggin' Ackles, everyone), the showdown with the British MoL, Jody being a badass.

That is a hugely satisfying ending to the British MoL story line.

I want to point out the music too. I don't know Supernatural's composer off hand but he or she did some great stuff.

Well F' me. I went to watch the finale on their website not realizing they split it into 2 1-hour episodes instead of 1 2-hour long one. And the summary of the season which includes significant events in the penultimate episode played.

I liked the character but I'm not looking forward to see her again because she's pretty much a shell now, and if they see them again the brothers are going to have to deal with the situation which means it'll most likely be their last episode.

Don't you dare

You guys are gonna be real pissed when Mary sacrifices herself in the season finale.

LOOOL. That sort of foreshadowing though.

Crowley dying is a bummer, but he's been around for a long ass time. And honestly what a way to go, he went from being an antagonist to to a sort of enemy you love to hate, to a friendly adversary, to a friend, to an asshole backstabber, to finding out his true motive, to sacrificing himself.

I thought he was gonna kill Earth-2 Bobby, but when he confronted Lucifer I was like...oh sacrifice it is. He has hung out with the Winchesters too long, their self-sacrifice wore off on him. Did he close the gates of hell though?

Castiel going in there was stupid and only served as a way to kill him off, which I'm pretty bummed about but I hope he doesn't get brought back to life again, that would make it four times right? Died to Raphael, died to Lucifer, died to Leviathans. Was there another?

Mary didn't really sacrifice herself, but she did pretty much damn herself to endless torture, no way is Lucifer gonna just kill her. That is the only character I'm really worried about.

That smile the nephilim did gave me chills. No way is it gonna be paradise on Earth, 100% is the Anti-Christ and was obviously deceiving Castiel with false visions.
He's gonna die in the first three episodes...

Surprised no one gave a shit when that one hunter got shot down while they were fighting British MoL, they kinda just went on :/. I wish Dean would have gave a line about how much Ketch is gonna enjoy hell before Mary killed Ketch, since it's quite obvious Ketch is gonna end up in Hell. Unless everyone ends up in Heaven unless they sell their soul?

Super glad Jody survived, and glad they brought up the Garth storyline again, hopefully we see Garth again now that Castiel & Crowley are gone.

edit: I can't believe I forgot to mention Dean in Mary's head. FFs Jensen, A++ acting, holy shit. That tugged at my heartstrings, from him blaming her for everything, to him spilling how much it sucked and unfair it was that he had to cover both parental roles, to saying he hated Mary to saying her loved her and forgave her. Had he not handcuffed the lady, she would have likely survived, but then again she might have betrayed him so who knows.

I wish they brought AU Bobby back to their world with them. If hes been running through angels and demons then he's just as effective if not more than our Bobby. I'm kinda curious about if you die in the AU world, if you go to AU heaven/hell.

And can we talk about giving jody some sort of mvp medal? Between being the one to find the leviathans weakness to killing a denmother camp, and dropping one of the heads of the men of letters, she has mad stripes

WELP

Man that alternate Earth raises so many questions. Does that mean there's another Lucifer walking around? Hell is another God?!

I'm banking on them going to another Heaven, and assuming there is another Lucifer & God. Seems a little strange from a Creationist standpoint for the whole multiverse thing imo. Maybe that Earth-2 the boys also said no and that is the result of them not being able to trap Lucifer & Michael in the cage?

Parallax

LOOOL. That sort of foreshadowing though.

Crowley dying is a bummer, but he's been around for a long ass time. And honestly what a way to go, he went from being an antagonist to to a sort of enemy you love to hate, to a friendly adversary, to a friend, to an asshole backstabber, to finding out his true motive, to sacrificing himself.

I thought he was gonna kill Earth-2 Bobby, but when he confronted Lucifer I was like...oh sacrifice it is. He has hung out with the Winchesters too long, their self-sacrifice wore off on him. Did he close the gates of hell though?

Castiel going in there was stupid and only served as a way to kill him off, which I'm pretty bummed about but I hope he doesn't get brought back to life again, that would make it four times right? Died to Raphael, died to Lucifer, died to Leviathans. Was there another?

Mary didn't really sacrifice herself, but she did pretty much damn herself to endless torture, no way is Lucifer gonna just kill her. That is the only character I'm really worried about.

That smile the nephilim did gave me chills. No way is it gonna be paradise on Earth, 100% is the Anti-Christ and was obviously deceiving Castiel with false visions.
He's gonna die in the first three episodes...

Surprised no one gave a shit when that one hunter got shot down while they were fighting British MoL, they kinda just went on :/. I wish Dean would have gave a line about how much Ketch is gonna enjoy hell before Mary killed Ketch, since it's quite obvious Ketch is gonna end up in Hell. Unless everyone ends up in Heaven unless they sell their soul?

Super glad Jody survived, and glad they brought up the Garth storyline again, hopefully we see Garth again now that Castiel & Crowley are gone.

edit: I can't believe I forgot to mention Dean in Mary's head. FFs Jensen, A++ acting, holy shit. That tugged at my heartstrings, from him blaming her for everything, to him spilling how much it sucked and unfair it was that he had to cover both parental roles, to saying he hated Mary to saying her loved her and forgave her. Had he not handcuffed the lady, she would have likely survived, but then again she might have betrayed him so who knows.

I'm banking on them going to another Heaven, and assuming there is another Lucifer & God. Seems a little strange from a Creationist standpoint for the whole multiverse thing imo. Maybe that Earth-2 the boys also said no and that is the result of them not being able to trap Lucifer & Michael in the cage?

the boys dont exist on earth 2. michael or azazel never brought john back. although that seems to be a time paradox since i though dean was complicit in those situations

the boys dont exist on earth 2. michael or azazel never brought john back. although that seems to be a time paradox since i though dean was complicit in those situations

Right, I forgot that detail already...so if they were never born does that mean Mary never made the deal to revive John? Or did he a suffer a different fate?

edit: I wonder, would this actually be Earth 3? Remember the time the boys got sent to that other place where they were actors on the show? Angels & Demons didn't exist there(as far as we know...) so that place can't be the place we've seen now.

edit edit: I just remembered they actually talked about that episode before going through the portal lol.

Trifecta edit: I forgot about Rowena lol...sucks she was killed off screen, what a lame way to kill her off. Just when I started to like her. Her death made sense though, Lucifer knew she would likely try to trap him in the cage again, good bye Rowena :(.

ZeoVGM

Banned
There is no way either Crowley or Castiel are legitimately gone. But they are going to fuck with the fans throughout the entire Hellatus.

That might have been the most cliffhanger-y season finale they have ever done.

Twas good!

I hope they let the dead rest for at least a little while. Going back to a somewhat more simplistic show might be good. I don't doubt some or all of them will come back. No one really stays dead for long on this show.. Though John's been gone a while...

The Twitter meltdowns are interesting though.

Twas good!

I hope they let the dead rest for at least a little while. Going back to a somewhat more simplistic show might be good. I don't doubt some or all of them will come back. No one really stays dead for long on this show.. Though John's been gone a while...

The conspiracy theories are already flooding in lol. Also some people say he's not dead because he's signed up for S13, when it could easily be flashbacks, or mentions. If they revive him again I'ma be upset because then they just further ruin any character death...what is there to be worried about if a character just always gets brought back to life.

I do wanna see Gabriel again though, we've gone too long without him.

The conspiracy theories are already flooding in lol. Also some people say he's not dead because he's signed up for S13, when it could easily be flashbacks, or mentions. If they revive him again I'ma be upset because then they just further ruin any character death...what is there to be worried about if a character just always gets brought back to life.

I do wanna see Gabriel again though, we've gone too long without him.

I don't feel like they lingered on any of the deaths to really hammer it home. You need a long deep look, sad music, crying and gnashing of teeth.. It all went so quick, I can't see that as their final goodbye.. But people will claim they'll never watch the show again! And other nonsense.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Twas good!

Yeah, I say screw that.

I'll upset if that was legit it for Crowley. I've wanted the writers to fully push him over to the boys side permanently for a while. That's a pretty great death scene but I think it would be much more interesting if they bring him back and he's fully good.

I know some people are tired of the Crowley stuff (and some tired of the Cas stuff) but the issue isn't the characters, it's finding new things for them to do.

In my dream scenario, they bring back both Crowley and Cas as fully (and permanently) human. They get to fight alongside the brothers but without the writing issue of, "Well, Crowley or Cas could just snap their fingers and kill this vampire."

And my god, they legit introduced an alternate reality this show. Not a jokey one-off one but something that's going to likely be an important part of season 13.

Also, there is no possible way Rowena is dead. None. They're not going to kill off an important character like her off screen. And the actress who plays her was playfully posting pictures of Lucifer holding her hair days ago.

Season 13 is going to be bat shit insane.

Parallax

Right, I forgot that detail already...so if they were never born does that mean Mary never made the deal to revive John? Or did he a suffer a different fate?

edit: I wonder, would this actually be Earth 3? Remember the time the boys got sent to that other place where they were actors on the show? Angels & Demons didn't exist there(as far as we know...) so that place can't be the place we've seen now.

edit edit: I just remembered they actually talked about that episode before going through the portal lol.

Trifecta edit: I forgot about Rowena lol...sucks she was killed off screen, what a lame way to kill her off. Just when I started to like her. Her death made sense though, Lucifer knew she would likely try to trap him in the cage again, good bye Rowena :(.

It's like the 5th timeline I'm aware of. There's also the Titanic and darkest timelines. Honestly I'd love to see them go to timelines where the characters went left where they went right. Like a timeline where Dean doesn't bring Sam back at the end of season 2, or where Bobby becomes a family man.

ZeoVGM

Banned
It's like the 5th timeline I'm aware of. There's also the Titanic and darkest timelines. Honestly I'd love to see them go to timelines where the characters went left where they went right. Like a timeline where Dean doesn't bring Sam back at the end of season 2, or where Bobby becomes a family man.

So I was drunk once.

And while drunk and discussing "The French Mistake" with a friend, I started to ask myself a question: what happened to the Sam and Dean -- er, I mean Jared and Jensen -- of that world? That led to me spouting out a random idea for an episode.

Sam and Dean were dropped off there exactly where Jared and Jensen would have been at that time. What if, years later, they find out that they actually were transported to the Supernatural world, got stuck and have been living new lives the whole time?

So Sam and Dean have to get Jared and Jensen back into their reality, only for the episode to turn serious halfway through when they find out that the TV reality is now a complete disaster thanks to a chain of events that began when they first visited.

Clearly, that is insane. Probably terrible. And yet, they just announced they're doing a crossover episode with Scooby Doo. So screw it, I now love my idea.

Lucifer made sure Rowena was dead by burning her but I guess was cool giving Crowley a burial. I dunno why but little writing SNAFUs like that bother me the most.

Also locking Lucifer in another universe was kinda jerk thing to do to that universe, even if things were already f'ed.

So, with this alt-world, now they can pretty much bring back anyone, as long as they have a way to traverse between worlds, which they do--the nephilim.

I wonder where the demon-human, antichrist kid is now.

FZZ

Banned
That fucking Nephilim is gonna be evil as shit lmao

Feel like Sam is being designated as the golden child tho

He will probably kill him

Jody's pretty much their only remaining friend in the entire world...

And once she's gone...

41caDQc%2BEXL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

bitbydeath

Gold Member
Out of all the deaths this season Mick feels like the biggest loss, he was taken too soon as he had a lot to atone for and gave the group a fresh dynamic.

Parallax

So I was drunk once.

And while drunk and discussing "The French Mistake" with a friend, I started to ask myself a question: what happened to the Sam and Dean -- er, I mean Jared and Jensen -- of that world? That led to me spouting out a random idea for an episode.

Sam and Dean were dropped off there exactly where Jared and Jensen would have been at that time. What if, years later, they find out that they actually were transported to the Supernatural world, got stuck and have been living new lives the whole time?

So Sam and Dean have to get Jared and Jensen back into their reality, only for the episode to turn serious halfway through when they find out that the TV reality is now a complete disaster thanks to a chain of events that began when they first visited.

Clearly, that is insane. Probably terrible. And yet, they just announced they're doing a crossover episode with Scooby Doo. So screw it, I now love my idea.

as sloppy as balthazar was when it came to fucking with space/time, it would make sense. then again, only geneveive and the dude that posed out of the shots survived sam and deans encounter, with their depleted cards, only jared has anything to go home to, since im pretty sure the massacre canceled the show.

So, with this alt-world, now they can pretty much bring back anyone, as long as they have a way to traverse between worlds, which they do--the nephilim.

I wonder where the demon-human, antichrist kid is now.

flipping everyone the bird in australia somewhere.

Out of all the deaths this season Mick feels like the biggest loss, he was taken too soon as he had a lot to atone for and gave the group a fresh dynamic.

he did a full face turn. he drank the winchester kool-aid, which means he had to die. i still dont get the plan of the men of letters killing hunters. theres a ton of fucking hunters in the us, and i dont think the british men of letters have the man power to replace them all as well as maintain their own base.

CryptiK

ye nah I'm done if Cass stays dead. I mean I could have kept watching with Crowley gone but both? Hell nah fuck that.

Honestly rowena was op whenever you killed her on screen she came back.

Sucks about cas and crowley going to the farm. Maybe theyll be back.

rackham

Banned
They should use some of that money from 12 seasons and make the 13th about being in that alternate Earth. Seems way cooler. Angels with baby ears and oni demons

I liked the finale minus what they have done with Rowena. I hope the dead stay dead, I'm tired of shows that pretend to kill people.

Goddamn, they cleared house in the finale. I'm betting Cas isn't dead though, he'll be resurrected yet again, but that smile from the Neph seemed more sinister than anything else.

And I totally called Crowley hiding in the rat, there was literally no reason to focus on it running after the body. I'm glad Jodie survived though, the new MVP of Supernatural.

strafer

Jensen really did some fine acting during that one scene with his mother.

I wonder what memories he dug up for that.

Kevin

Crazy but good 2-part season finale. So what do you guys think? Are Castiel and Crowley going to stay dead or will they be resurrected by the nephilim?

Speaking of the nephilim (which clearly gave that really evil Lucifer like smile at the end of the season finale) is this going to be yet another Amara situation with an ageing kid in the form of an evil god? Seems a little too similar to the season 11 storyline as it stands right now.

I don't know why Lucifer even needs to fight. Like, I'm glad they didn't back out on the premise that they wouldn't be able to kill him no matter what they did, but why even throw Dean around? Why stab Cas? He should be able to just think it, and they'd be dead. He still has his wings, too. I don't see how he couldn't just teleport to wherever he wants to be.

And all this even ignores his general reality-warping power.

Amazing season finale. Last two seasons have delivered well. Worth having a 2 parter.

Next season will be very interesting. Is Nephilim good or bad will be a very big mystery for a while I would think.

Kevin

I don't know why Lucifer even needs to fight. Like, I'm glad they didn't back out on the premise that they wouldn't be able to kill him no matter what they did, but why even throw Dean around? Why stab Cas? He should be able to just think it, and they'd be dead. He still has his wings, too. I don't see how he couldn't just teleport to wherever he wants to be.

And all this even ignores his general reality-warping power.

This serves two reasons:

Reason #1: Lucifer likes to toy with his pray and make them suffer so doing things more slowly, violently and painfully accomplishes this. Using an angel blade to kill Castiel was probably also funny and ironic for Lucifer.

Reason #2: It's tv. People like fight sequences as it's more exciting to watch in most cases.

Amazing season finale. Last two seasons have delivered well. Worth having a 2 parter.

Next season will be very interesting. Is Nephilim good or bad will be a very big mystery for a while I would think.

Considering the evil, Joker like smile the nephilim gave at the end of the episode inplied to me that he will be not only evil but the big bad for season 13 (though I am hoping I'll be surprised with a good plot twist). It also appeared that this being also retained some for of memory/knowledge implied by his nefarious reaction to Sam.

This serves two reasons:

Reason #1: Lucifer likes to toy with his pray and make them suffer so doing things more slowly, violently and painfully accomplishes this. Using an angel blade to kill Castiel was probably also funny and ironic for Lucifer.

Reason #2: It's tv. People like fight sequences as it's more exciting to watch in most cases.
I know, and I know it actually works in his specific case (although Dean shouldn't be able to get up after a punch from someone that powerful), but it's kind of a large problem in general, on lots of shows. Like, you have all these severe mismatches, where the stronger combatant decides to just throw people around instead of using their instant-kill moves that you've already seen them use elsewhere.

Dagon vs. Castiel was one of these, too, as it pretty much any match between Sam and Dean with demons, angels, leviathans, strong monsters, etc.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Also a bit mad at Rowenas off screen death. Wth?

I adore Cas and Crowley this sucks.

This is where I'm at.

And that smile the kid gave? With the eyes? WELP!

I'm *reaaaaally* hoping they'll bring back Crowley and Cas, but in a way that isn't super contrived and have good stuff for them to do next season.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
I hope that isn't the last we hear of the British Men of Letters, no way should they take that lightly, that said Jack could probably tie up those loose ends quite quickly.

riotous

Banned
Wasn't a huge fan of the episode; feel like it was trying to stuff too many plot points into the hour. Skipped over any sort of meaningful plot development; just one point to the other... oh Rowena is dead.. oh Crowley is alive... oh suddenly Sam has some random tea pot with an ingredient needed for a potion.

And while I love Lucifer; it was so Bond villainlesque that episode. Let's slowly go after the guys, punch Dean a few times.. let Sam suddenly jump behind a rock (while running through the path of an automatic weapon if Dean missed Lucifer at all).. let's let Mary beat the shit out of me and somehow push me through the portal that I wasn't that close to in the previous shot.

I get that the show requires a bit of suspension of belief considering it's common for Lucifer who can snap his fingers and explode anyone to let people live for no good reason, but just thought it was really poorly done this episode.

Do those timelines still exist though? I was under the impression that there was a single timeline and that when Balthazar went back in time to prevent the Titanic from sinking he changed that single time line and in doing so erased that previous timeline we know about. Then when he went back and let it sink, that old timeline came back and the unsunk Titanic timeline was erased.

Darkest timeline? You mean the one where Sammy says yes to Lucifer that was shown by Zachariah? Because I swear that was a fake one made up by the Angels(just because of the way Chuck acted, doubt very much that God would act in such a fashion, and since the Angels didn't know Chuck was God they had him be shown in that way).

If there are multiple timelines that would mean Angels are unaffected and can also go through said timelines(since Castiel knew about the unchanged timeline and existed in the changed timeline but there was two Castiels) also the whole time can't be changed thing(unless you're an Angel).

There can be other Earths(because of the multiverse theory) but I think there's only one timeline in each universe.

Either way I'm curious as to what happened on the Earth where this is just a show(so our Earth lol?) and I wonder what happened to Jared and Jensen on that Earth, were they brought into the Supernatural world? Did they cease to exist? did they die to monsters because they didn't know how to hunt and the monsters mistaken them for the boys? So many unanswered questions! Which we will likely find out since they brought it up in that finale :p.

I wonder can Nephilim be killed by the colt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom