• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 datamined: reveals hidden additional characters

Westlo

Would be hilarious if this was DLC.

It wasn't enough that you started shit in the TTT2/DoA thread? GTFO.

While he's trolling about T5, he's right about needing a new engine for Tekken 7 (or TKxSF), I don't care if Harada says they made a new engine for Tag 2, it's still obviously based on T6, Capcom said the same bullshit about SfXTk which was obviously still SFIV.

MrDenny

Not surprised about miharu, she's is in a few of the endings.
Sebastien looks funny in lili's pose, but I hope he gets mostly a new unique move set.
Were the other remaining stages datamined?

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
I hope this isn't going to take more then a month to come out.

I want the DLC stages like right now :(

Lily's (60+ year old male) butler plays Lily's fighting style?

How does it work?

it is going to be:

excellentqz.jpg

mintylurb

Holy at them jaggies. If SC 5 can run 60fps at 720P with some form of aa, TT2 should as well considering its resolution is 1024x720 with just 2 characters and lower when more than 2.

P1960708_m.jpg

CSX

Holy at them jaggies. If SC 5 can run 60fps at 720P with some form of aa, TT2 should as well considering its resolution is 1024x720 with just 2 characters and lower when more than 2.

P1960708_m.jpg

This slide was for the arcade version and the machine is more powerful than ps3/360. I played the arcade version and couldnt notice the resolution drops.

SC5 was developed with consoles first and in-mind.

Tekken deals with being developed for an arcade cabinet and then being ported to consoles. Thats why the game lets you turn off motion blur as an option. Gives you a boost in resolution. Someone with the 360 version say he was able to notice the resolution drop but wasnt too bad.

DR2K

Banned
Arcade version looks pretty smooth, X360 videos online are not as hot. Still waiting on PS3 HD uploads.

A.E Suggs

Would be hilarious if this was DLC.

While he's trolling about T5, he's right about needing a new engine for Tekken 7 (or TKxSF), I don't care if Harada says they made a new engine for Tag 2, it's still obviously based on T6, Capcom said the same bullshit about SfXTk which was obviously still SFIV.

He's not right about anything, there's nothing wrong with this engine. TkxSF will probably use the same engine as TTT2 but since they'll have to do the sf models i'm fine with it. Also it goes without saying that T7 will have a knew engine because it'll be on next gen systems.

LowParry

He's not right about anything, there's nothing wrong with this engine. TkxSF will probably use the same engine as TTT2 but since they'll have to do the sf models i'm fine with it. Also it goes without saying that T7 will have a knew engine because it'll be on next gen systems.

For how far into development TxSF is, I wouldn't be surprised to see TxSF on next gen consoles. What engine that will be used who knows.

Pachimari

Sebastian will be hilarious with Lili's moveset. Slim Bob looks rockin' and finally Dr. B is back. I love Miharu and Unknown isn't bad either.

But... I want my Shin Kamiya...! :)

Actually let's get going with more never-before-playable-characters. Bring on Shin, Tougou, Jane, Eddy master, Williams mother, Kazuya mother etc. =p

A.E Suggs

For how far into development TxSF is, I wouldn't be surprised to see TxSF on next gen consoles. What engine that will be used who knows.

True and not to mention since part of the namco tekken team is helping with smash it probably be for the best to wait until next gen.

And with that, TTT2 is now the ultimate Tekken game - aside from bringing back some of the more popular stages I can't think of a single thing that Namco could do to top this.

I'm really glad Unknown is playable but Dr. B is the icing on the cake, finally a Dr. B & Alisa father/daughter tag team is possible.

And with that, TTT2 is now the ultimate Tekken game - aside from bringing back some of the more popular stages I can't think of a single thing that Namco could do to top this.

I'm really glad Unknown is playable but Dr. B is the icing on the cake, finally a Dr. B & Alisa father/daughter tag team is possible.

I didn't like her at all in TTT.

Because I like Snoop Dogg. And it's not like he would be out pf place.

I like old skool Snoop too but I definetly wouldn't want a playable celebrity in my Tekken game.

Pachimari

Tekken Ball and Tekken Bowl are sorely missed.
Somebody might miss a Tekken Force as well. We need the modes back as well.

Anyway, I'm pleased with what we got, even though I would love to see Shin Kamiya and Tekken Ball. :)

Nemesis_

What can I say, I have an appreciation for art and am always impressed when I see something done well. About the only thing we can't see in the Miharu pic is her feet and I am simply curious to see how well they turned out seeing as the rest of her cg render looks amazing.

ZRoMy.gif

Esura

Banned
What can I say, I have an appreciation for art and am always impressed when I see something done well. About the only thing we can't see in the Miharu pic is her feet and I am simply curious to see how well they turned out seeing as the rest of her cg render looks amazing.

....man forget her feet and be real, lol. I have an appreciation for CG titties and I'm always impressed when I see them done well. I want to see them works of art from multiple angles. :D

....man forget her feet. I have an appreciation for CG titties and I'm always impressed when I see something done well. I want to see them works of arts multiple angles. :D

We all know what photo mode + Julia has always been for. It is ok.

As for Snoop? I can honestly say I can't recall a single one of his songs. He is a singer right?

Dereck

That the character models have such jagged serrated edges you could stab someone with them and do quite a good deal of damage.
Saying that this looks like a PS2 game is a compliment. I've played games on the Genesis that have better character models.

Archer Mac

Neo Member
Take this awkward Jin picture for example as it even has three characters on screen making things even worse.
Yes, it looks hideous but this is just ONE picture you don't even have time to comprehend when another 59 follow it up in a second.
One frame does not do the game justice, that's why we still see a lot of bullshots. It's not the cleanest game by any means but still it's not nearly as shitty as it seems from one frame.

wtfmanq.jpg

Yeah I expect this picture to overshadow all the extra characters because this is the true secret of TTT2 called "Jin's revenge" and it's a 999999$ dlc item move...I'll let you figure out the item.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I played the arcade version for a bit and I have NEVER noticed any resolution drops until this forum has taught me, so I doubt it will affect me on the home console versions. Plus, Like the guys above me said it's really hard to judge a game based on ONE shot out of the many it's supposed to be animating in.

Top Bottom