• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Madden Xbox League Thread Season II: Who's your (league) Daddy?

DCX

DCX
I fixed my internet problem Drey. I'm off today so anyone on my list, today would be a great day to take advantage.

DCX

Drey1082

DCX said:
I fixed my internet problem Drey. I'm off today so anyone on my list, today would be a great day to take advantage.

DCX

I'll be around before monday night football. I'll be on IM.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Rorschach said:
Speaking of Moss...in my one point loss to Truelize:

Moss, Randy (WR) 9 rec, 392 yds, 4 TDs, 188 YAC, 2 Drp, 82 Long

:lol

Did you tell everyone that you didn't throw to anyone other than Moss until the 4th quarter and didn't do more than 5 or 6 run plays all game??? :)
It was the biggest jumpack fest you have ever seen.
Moss caught jumped up and got one pass almost 10 yards short of the ball indicator.

Oh well it didn't get him the win though.

Green = 118 yards rushing.
Favre = 427 yards passing
Packers = 542 total offensive yards. :D

AZ Greg

Sorry I haven't been around guys. I'll be free to play Tues, Wed, Thur, and Fri. So anybody who has me on their list be ready to go!

Rorschach

Truelize said:
Did you tell everyone that you didn't throw to anyone other than Moss until the 4th quarter and didn't do more than 5 or 6 run plays all game??? :)
It was the biggest jumpack fest you have ever seen.
Moss caught jumped up and got one pass almost 10 yards short of the ball indicator.

Oh well it didn't get him the win though.

Green = 118 yards rushing.
Favre = 427 yards passing
Packers = 542 total offensive yards. :D
I didn't have to pass to anyone else. I would just throw one pass and moss would take it all the way for the td. All except 1 TD was 1 pass off the first play of the drive. Jetpack fest...riight. If it was jetpack, your defenders would be able to get to him, but he caught the balls in stride and had enough room to get to the endzone untouched. He only had 9 catches for that much yardage...that should tell you something. :p

PS: a big chunk of your yards were me switching to the wrong defender :p

I don't know what it is, but my passing defense has been shit lately. My corners get smoked and my secondary doesn't cover shit.

updated list:

Fifty
TrueLIES

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Rorschach said:
I didn't have to pass to anyone else. I would just throw one pass and moss would take it all the way for the td. All except 1 TD was 1 pass off the first play of the drive. Jetpack fest...riight. If it was jetpack, your defenders would be able to get to him, but he caught the balls in stride and had enough room to get to the endzone untouched. He only had 9 catches for that much yardage...that should tell you something. :p

PS: a big chunk of your yards were me switching to the wrong defender :p

I don't know what it is, but my passing defense has been shit lately. My corners get smoked and my secondary doesn't cover shit.

updated list:

Fifty
TrueLIES

Jokes. No worries. More than half the passes he was freakin wide open. And jetpacking doesn't mean you were somehow deliberately throwing them like that. I just mean he would jump up so high sometimes I couldn't get near him.
Heck I only deflected like 4 passes or something. That should tell you something about my excellant pass defense.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Well shit, I am heading out with my girl now and will be back later with enough time (maybe) for one game. Tomorrow I will be home all night. Let's get all my games (losses, thanks Joey!) in!

Mrbob

I'll be able to play games again starting on Wed. Looks like I have a lot of catching up to do.

I wish we wouldn't have rushed this second season for madden 360.

DCX

DCX
- AZYUMA86
- Truelize
- DJ Demon J
- KingVitaman
- Mrbob2k6
- Truelize

Man up laddies!

DCX

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
New News ladies...
I *May* be selling my xbox in preparation for the 360, now of course it would take some time to sell it on Ebay, so i should be able to get in all my games before that day comes. Should i not be able to, id be able to finish the rest using Ice's Xbox. Either way, i wanna get these games in anyway. Anyone on my list wanna play hit me up on AIM

AIM:TheColdOne33

Fifty

Only in Madden can I get a passer rating of 5.4 and still score 34 points and win.

By the way, if the 360 still has the glitch that involved taking the gunner off his blocker on punt returns we should ban it. I'd lived with it long enough......calling fair catches 75% of the time. Today Ramirez and I both got garbage TDs because of that.

CB3

Wow, Great game with me and CP. Westbrook almost choked that shit away with 3! fumbles...
Its safe to say Lamar Gordon got most of the carries after the 3rd

CB3

Another Update

Xbox Going on Ebay Soon. Have a definite 6-7 days to play games, after that im not sure. Lets do this!

hgplayer1

tomorrow evening should be open for me to get in as many games as I can. earliest I should be able to play is 7:30 PM EST. my AIM is bcsplayer1 and my gamertag is hgplayer1

my remaining games are against the following players

matrix
malley
azyuma
truelize
ramirez
bigzep
drey
CP

I think I have most of you on my friends list but if not go ahead and send me an invite. who wants the 7:30 game?

ColdBlooded33 said:
Another Update

Xbox Going on Ebay Soon. Have a definite 6-7 days to play games, after that im not sure. Lets do this!

Better hope you pay off your reservation ASAP otherwise you aint playin shit until 2nd shipment.

hgplayer1

ok well since nobody really responded to my post Ill just assume nobody really had time to play. Ill still be available tonight if anyone wants to get some games in. right now I gotta get something to eat. worked straight through lunch and I just got home and I am TIRED! if you see me on AIM then it means Im available to play.

CB3

New list

Bob
Drey
KingV
Welle
Fiddy
FMT

Should be able to play in a little over an hour

AIM:TheColdOne33

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Joey Harrington, another 2 picks. Charles Rogers, a fumble.

I'd be fine with the turnovers if they were at all my fault, Joey underthrew both the throws that were ints with absolutely no pressure. This is preposterous. Before anyone says anything about not throwing on the run, keep in mind I used Bledsoe to great success in season 2 of 05 on the Bills. Harrington has me completely stumped.

This is like the opposite of season 1. I was winning with minimal turnovers and strong D. Now I have a better D and my O keeps giving the ball up with great field position. Beautiful.

Wellington said:

I'd be fine with the turnovers if they were at all my fault, Joey underthrew both the throws that were ints with absolutely no pressure. This is preposterous. Before anyone says anything about not throwing on the run, keep in mind I used Bledsoe to great success in season 2 of 05 on the Bills. Harrington has me completely stumped.

This is like the opposite of season 1. I was winning with minimal turnovers and strong D. Now I have a better D and my O keeps giving the ball up with great field position. Beautiful.

want to play a game?

Rorschach

Wellington said:

Well, you did play the Pats. Somehow with them, every pass to my receivers was either too wide or too soft on WIDE open receivers. I think the pats get a +1 on luck or something because every time I play them, it's crazy. Whenever something goes wrong for them, I get a turnover...it's magic! The magic of Bruschi a real american hero WITH HEART!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
Well, you did play the Pats. Somehow with them, every pass to my receivers was either too wide or too soft on WIDE open receivers. I think the pats get a +1 on luck or something because every time I play them, it's crazy. Whenever something goes wrong for them, I get a turnover...it's magic! The magic of Bruschi a real american hero WITH HEART!

Along with that, the defenders dive and stretch for everyball. If my D played like that I don't think anyone would get any yardage on me ever. There's only so much my playcalling can do on D, I guess that's why you would pick a top team.

CB3

I think ive had 12 fumbles in the last 3 games. 9 of them coming from westbrook, and none of them when he was tired or anything.

Bullshit

ColdBlooded33 said:
I think ive had 12 fumbles in the last 3 games. 9 of them coming from westbrook, and none of them when he was tired or anything.

Bullshit

:lol :lol :lol

Myself to Coldblooded during the game - "The sad part is you acctually think your going to win."

Coldblooded with 1:20 to go in the fourth (21-16 his lead)
Mocking me "dur the sad part is you acctually think you can win bitch!"
(He fumbles I recover)
:lol :lol :lol myself - "HAHAHA yeah you acctually think you can win"

Best win ever.

i also beat CB. he was dominating the entire first half. i told him before the game if he hurt brad johnson, i would be forced to bring in the closer, dante culpepper. well, midway through the 2nd, he laid BJ out for the game. the rest is history. leave BJ alone or else you'll lose guys! i'm trying to help you here!

i'm starting the playoffs next wednesday! so, try to get your games in by then. i dont expect most people will have 16 games done, so im giving the spots to the people with a decent record that have actually played. like me and DM!

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i'm starting the playoffs next wednesday! so, try to get your games in by then. i dont expect most people will have 16 games done, so im giving the spots to the people with a decent record that have actually played. like me and DM!

\cough

im calling season 2 null and void. season 2 was a sham thanks to xbox 360. this isn't how we conduct leagues at gaming-age, and i was a fool for thinking we could do it this way. i take 100% of the blame for the failure of season 2. it has been proven time and again when you don't have a set schedule, things turn to shit. i was warned by ck, fifty, and various other people that having an open schedule would just mean bad news, and you guys were right. here is why i'm likely to shut season 2 down, and have the true season 2 be madden 360's first online league. here are the reasons:

1. general lack of interest. i even find myself unmotivated to play. there is something exciting and interesting about playing a true to life "game by game" schedule. it builds anticipation and allows you to enjoy stats and a lot of the little extras that online leagues should bring to the table.

2. the playoffs would be a sham. we have what, 10 days left until 360 hits? what am i going to do, allow a player like mrbob, who is 2-1 and 3rd in the division, to get into the playoffs because he has a better win % than someone who has played 14 games? that just seems ridiculous.

3. stats, awards, rankings and all the other extras that we have all loved are essentially eliminated. this might as well have been like the NCAA league (which i won you bitches! 16-1! never forget Drew DM, NEVER!) I play in a league for the stats and the preparation and all that stuff. that is effectively gone now.

I know this is going to piss a few people off, but season 2 has honestly turned into a chore. no one is having fun. for christ sake no one is even arguing with each other! that is when you know there is no interest, when someone loses and just doesn't give a shit.

don't worry though fellas, those of us who stick it out will see the GAF madden league rise like the phoenix in season 2 on 360. the break will give us all a time to reflect on life... and love... a time to rekindle our love affair with madden. im pretty sure the last sentence made me gay so i will end the post by saying please direct your anger towards me (reply with one of the numbers below), and of course a picture of jeff "delicious dish" garcia. enjoy!

1. f you FMT! i wasted all that time playing season 2 games and entering stats! now you want to kill the league. i hate you.... I HATE YOU!!!!!!!!!

2. I KILL U SCUM

3. i am angry, but anyone who will quote Cher is a friend of mine.

4. screw you bro! im not playing in season 2 360 now and i hate EA because of you

jeff_garcia.jpg

CB3

FrenchMovieTheme said:
im calling season 2 null and void. season 2 was a sham thanks to xbox 360. this isn't how we conduct leagues at gaming-age, and i was a fool for thinking we could do it this way. i take 100% of the blame for the failure of season 2. it has been proven time and again when you don't have a set schedule, things turn to shit. i was warned by ck, fifty, and various other people that having an open schedule would just mean bad news, and you guys were right. here is why i'm likely to shut season 2 down, and have the true season 2 be madden 360's first online league. here are the reasons:

1. general lack of interest. i even find myself unmotivated to play. there is something exciting and interesting about playing a true to life "game by game" schedule. it builds anticipation and allows you to enjoy stats and a lot of the little extras that online leagues should bring to the table.

2. the playoffs would be a sham. we have what, 10 days left until 360 hits? what am i going to do, allow a player like mrbob, who is 2-1 and 3rd in the division, to get into the playoffs because he has a better win % than someone who has played 14 games? that just seems ridiculous.

3. stats, awards, rankings and all the other extras that we have all loved are essentially eliminated. this might as well have been like the NCAA league (which i won you bitches! 16-1! never forget Drew DM, NEVER!) I play in a league for the stats and the preparation and all that stuff. that is effectively gone now.

jeff_garcia.jpg
[/IMG]

5. ColdBlooded Was on the rise, as was about to go on a huge winning streak, resulting in a SuperBowl win.

#5 For the Win

Mrbob

Good choice, FMT.

Once the 360 comes out and hopefully we all get one we can get the leagues back on a schedule again. I'll be down on 360 leagues as long as we get a good number of people.

Just when the Panthers were on the road to Superbowl. YOU TAKE IT ALL AWAY!

Panthers...we will get our revenge. I win the NFC central btw.

Bucs or chargers rematch for an underground superbowl game against my panthers. You guys down?

Top Bottom