• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Spike VGAs Reveals: 11/13 Teased, 4 Known For Pre-Show/Commercials

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
12/13

EA Staff said:
POSTED BY EA Staff ON Dec 7, 2011
BioWare To Unveil New Game At Saturday’s VGAs

The nominees have been chosen, the votes are being cast, and the VGAs are about to hit the air. Are you ready for BioWare’s big VGA reveal?

Actually, make that two reveals. To kick things off, BioWare will be showing some brand new footage from Mass Effect 3, the latest game in Shepard’s planet-spanning, world-saving saga. But BioWare’s space age RPG isn’t the only game in the hot gaming spotlight.

At some point during Saturday’s ceremonies, our favorite Edmonton-based developer will announce their next new game – the only hints at which have been one curious screenshot and an even more opaque teaser:

Not much to go on, right? Luckily, there are only three days left 'til you can sate your curiosity. Tune in to SpikeTV or MTV2 this Saturday, December 10 for the official announcement of BioWare’s new game. Check your local listings for the correct time and channel.

Speaking of BioWare: if you still need to pre-order your copy of Mass Effect 3, you can pick up the N7 Collector’s Edition on Origin today to get a 70-page digital art book, a limited-edition comic from Dark Horse, bonus in-game content (including extra firepower), and more.
Source: http://www.ea.com/news/bioware-to-unveil-new-game-at-saturdays-vgas

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
is this the first time everything (or basically everything) that will be at the show was announced before hand.

Not quite.

They seem to have replaced the low tier titles (Thor, Deadliest Warrior) with higher profile games, even if we've seen them before.

Otherwise, we're only about 2-3 more games than normal that have been seen in some capacity.

But yeah, the lack of those 2-3 titles makes me feel that a lot of teams have moved on already.

Dany

Banned
Why do we know so much about the which trailer is being played? I mean, yeah I'm going to record the show but honestly, is the VGA's that big? I would have liked going in surprise.

Not quite.

They seem to have replaced the low tier titles (Thor, Deadliest Warrior) with higher profile games, even if we've seen them before.

Otherwise, we're only about 2-3 more games than normal that have been seen in some capacity.

But yeah, the lack of those 2-3 titles makes me feel that a lot of teams have moved on already.

well I just mean the show normally has a few surprised.

I dont remember Elder Scrolls 5 or SSX being announced before the show last year.. Maybe some people winked and nodded on twitter so we kind of knew but I think they where a surprise.

Right now we know officially what each reveal is gonna be or who its from... well not counting the last one but I wont be shocked if thats announced tomorrow.

Hanmik

But EA just confirmed new trailers for both Mass Effect 3 and Hitman: Absolution (which should be the 13th title) ??

Hitman is at the show..

http://www.gamereactor.dk/nyheder/87781/Hitman+teaser-billede/

V8yg0.jpg

Arnie

So that's all 13 reveals seemingly accounted for.

Surprised that Halo 4 or Bungie's game didn't surface. Halo has always had a decent presence at the VGA's and it's usually been Bungie who've benefitted from that. Seemed a logical fit but obviously not.

Looking forward to The Last of Us, Hitman and the Epic IP.

Surprised that Halo 4 or Bungie's game didn't surface. Halo has always had a decent presence at the VGA's and it's usually been Bungie who've benefitted from that. Seemed a logical fit but obviously not.

Maybe something for microsoft februari press event.
Or for the mandatory next gen console reveal at Ces with halo 4 :p

Lingitiz

I think the Halo 4 marketing machine will probably start with the superbowl. I'd imagine that the marketing budget for it is going to be the largest for any MS game yet, which is saying something.

Sucks though, wish we could see it now.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Hopefully that ME3 trailer will be an epic story trailer. All their combat gameplay trailers sucked.

When is this show again?

monome

Not quite.

Next XBOX is summer-winter 2013 from a dropped info.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Next XBOX is summer-winter 2013 from a dropped info.

Right, but anyone who wants a 3 year cycle for an early next gen title and released a game in late 2010/early 2011 would have moved on.

I still suspect a strong-ish 2012, but missing 3-5 notable titles out of a year in this market is quite a lot, since most of the middle tier has evaporated.

Hopefully that ME3 trailer will be an epic story trailer. All their combat gameplay trailers sucked.

When is this show again?
Saturday.

monome

Right, but anyone who wants a 3 year cycle for an early next gen title and released a game in late 2010/early 2011 would have moved on.

I still suspect a strong-ish 2012, but missing 3-5 notable titles out of a year in this market is quite a lot, since most of the middle tier has evaporated.

Was going crazy with the XBOX talk before I got the news and was gettng to believe a 2012 launch as improbable as I thought a dual Halo4/Next gen could be. Add to that Windows 8 launch on PC and mobile...

But info although not rock solid is reliable. just to get fellow gaffers in check since I just know nothing.

I believe most big publishers will play the "Your favorite Franchise now on Next-Gen" with just incremental gains over previous gen, at first. They may want to avoid franchise fatigue but seeing their rivals sell a shitload of their own franchise is just too much to stand.

Seems Contra revival is dead... or Rising is very further along and needs a trailer ASAP to make way to a 2012 reveal.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Why the fuck isn't Deus Ex part of the nominees?

It is.

Best RPG:
Dark Souls
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Dragon Age 2
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Best Original Score:
Bastion
Batman: Arkham City
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Portal 2

Trailer of the Year
Assassin's Creed: Revelations (E3 Trailer)
Batman (Hugo Strange Reveal Trailer)
Dark Souls (Ignite '11 Debut Trailer)
Dead Island (GDC '11 Cinematic Trailer)
Deus Ex (Purity First infomercial)
Skyrim (in-game Debut trailer)
Hitman: Absolution (E3 trailer)
Prey 2 (E3 trailer)
Tomb Raider (E3 trailer)
Uncharted 3 (E3 trailer)

Some of these annoncements could just be for the pre-show event. Like for games such as Mass Effect 3 and so on.

Hoping for some BIG reveals we have not seen yet till reveal.

Believe

luffeN

Darksiders II will be at the VGAs 2011 with a new trailer about Death. I guess that is the last reveal?

Edit: Release for the game for 360, PS3 and PC is summer 2012.

Darksiders German PR said:
der neue Trailer zum kommenden Action-Adventure Darksiders II wird am Samstag zum ersten Mal exklusiv im Rahmen der Video Game Awards präsentiert (Start 20:00 Uhr Eastern Time / 2:00 Uhr Sonntag früh Mitteleuropäischer Zeit auf SPIKE TV).
Im neuen Video wird TOD zum Leben erweckt – die Spieler bekommen einen echten Vorgeschmack darauf, was es bedeutet, die Rolle des ultimativen Antihelden zu übernehmen und den Charakter TOD zu spielen.
Darksiders II präsentiert die Heldentaten von TOD, einem der vier Reiter der Apokalypse. Die packende Geschichte findet parallel zu den Ereignissen des ersten Darksiders statt. Eine epische Reise führt TOD durch Gebiete voller Licht und Schatten, während er alles daran setzt, seinen Bruder KRIEG zu erlösen. Wir erinnern uns: KRIEG wurde im ersten Darksiders dafür verantwortlich gemacht, die Apokalypse zu früh ausgelöst zu haben...
Darksiders II erscheint im Sommer 2012 für Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 und Windows PC. Darksiders II ist ebenfalls als Starttitel für Nintendo Wii U geplant. Mehr Infos zum Spiel gibt es auf www.facebook.com/Darksiders.

Edit: Thx BY2K :D

Derrick01

Banned
Tony Hawk isn't?

Well yeah it is. I was just reacting to the last 2 that I didn't know about already. I'm really not excited for any of these announcements. Maybe the ps3 game but the rumors that it's a Move game is enough to dull the excitement.

Arnie

Great, CG.

I get so apathetic towards this shit. How does anyone at Ubisoft think a CG trailer is going to get people excited.

Scotch

Great, CG.

I get so apathetic towards this shit. How does anyone at Ubisoft think a CG trailer is going to get people excited.
Weren't last years VGA trailers pretty much all CG?

I look forward to the revealing of new titles, but the trailers themselves are probably all gonna be shit.

Arnie

Dead Island.

Fair enough, I concede, but that was an extreme case with some very harrowing subject matter. This'll probably be some paramilitary coup against a nation or ideology with the Rainbow squad sent in to sort things out. Sure the game does aim to put you in these morally ambiguous scenarios, but I just can't see the same level of emotion being conveyed from a soldier shooting an innocent man carrying a bomb as I got from a family being eaten by zombies.

And anyway, even though your point is valid it kind of argues against it in the same breath. After that Dead Island trailer I'll never be hyped by CG ever again. The final game was completely removed from the mood that trailer pulled off.

Weren't last years VGA trailers pretty much all CG?

I look forward to the revealing of new titles, but the trailers themselves are probably all gonna be shit.
There was a mix. The Batman AC trailer, for example, was all CG and left me bored. Reach on the other hand was all in engine and spectacular.

We've already had confirmation that The Last of Us trailer is in engine, so that's at least something to get excited about.

luffeN

Hmm no WiiU?
Well, they only said that it is planned as a launch title for Wii U, so not necessarily the same date as the HD triplets ;)

German PR said:
Darksiders II ist ebenfalls als Starttitel für Nintendo Wii U geplant.
Will there be a live stream? I'd love to check it out, though it will be somewhat early in the morning for me..
Yep, there will be.
I remember it being mentioned. Will the VGAs be available for watch online?
Yes, we don't know the link yet.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You know, I think I'm ready for a new Tony Hawk. It's been long enough, and I didn't exactly hate the newer ones. I just found them a little too complicated for no reason.

That is, of course, if this isn't another dumb plastic controller game. (It probably will be). No new Skate either. :/

luffeN

You know, I think I'm ready for a new Tony Hawk. It's been long enough, and I didn't exactly hate the newer ones. I just found them a little too complicated for no reason.

That is, of course, if this isn't another dumb plastic controller game. (It probably will be). No new Skate either. :/
What about a kinect version? No plastic controller needed xD But I would like them to go back to THPS 2 and continue from there with 60 fps, 1080p trick goodness. And no skate controls either! Just buttons for jump, ollie, grab and grind.

Top Bottom