• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ULTRA 2017 Electronic Music Festival - 5 mins of your favorite band, 1h of DJ Snake

Status
Not open for further replies.

see5harp

I still think Diplo talks way too much during the set. I mean you already pay 2 dudes to stand on stage and dance and yell into the mic. More banter than a Father John Misty concert.

neemmss

Major is the worst set of the night. Just garbage. Terrible transitions and song selections.

Edit: Also, the talking. Just be quiet please.

I still think Diplo talks way too much during the set. I mean you already pay 2 dudes to stand on stage and dance and yell into the mic. More banter than a Father John Misty concert.

The Yellow Claw effect, lol.

I said it was weird for DJ Snake to close Ultra but that might be the hardest set this weekend.

Calion

There is nothing that dries up my nonexistent panties faster than seeing Major Lazer on any lineup. Mediocre performances all the time. Too much talking, Diplo having the crowd do stupid shit (take off your shirt, do jumping jacks, run left than right), and bland transitions.

Dai101

Banned
We don't eat that shit up but the casuals? They love that shit. I can't tell you how many times Hmong people go crazy over something similar :/

Huh..... hmong people? They should know better. I mean, yeah, i'm sure there are 1000 better latino music to choose and they went with that.

Huh..... hmong people? They should know better. I mean, yeah, i'm sure there are 1000 better latino music to choose and they went with that.

Hmong people are Southeast Asians, sorry if you didn't know :(

Dude.... I hate generalizing but Hmong people love the old shit. BSB, NS, etc. Anything new? Ew, what is that?! Last weekend, for St. Paddy's day.... They played nothing but 80-90s hip hop/rap shit. I got there and I just facepalmed the whole night. I cannot judge them. They can enjoy what they enjoy. I have no reason to judge them for what they enjoy.

To them nothing is better than early 2000s to the 80s, lol. But you know.... These are Hmong folks who grew up in the hood/ghetto so that's all they know when it comes to "Dance" muaic.

More power to them, ya know.

Edit: the worst set tonight? Kygo. That was such a boring set. Everybody seems to be over Tropical House, right?!

On the bright side

Trended worldwide #2 on Twitter
Trending #7 on YouTube

Will watch tomorrow for Dash Berlin, even if all his music sounds the same these days

Wasn't that bad of a set, im guessing they took a price cut or something for them to have not 1 guest compared to every other big gig.

Dai101

Banned
Hmong people are Southeast Asians, sorry if you didn't know :(

Dude.... I hate generalizing but Hmong people love the old shit. BSB, NS, etc. Anything new? Ew, what is that?! Last weekend, for St. Paddy's day.... They played nothing but 80-90s hip hop/rap shit. I got there and I just facepalmed the whole night. I cannot judge them. They can enjoy what they enjoy. I have no reason to judge them for what they enjoy.

To them nothing is better than early 2000s to the 80s, lol. But you know.... These are Hmong folks who grew up in the hood/ghetto so that's all they know when it comes to "Dance" muaic.

More power to them, ya know.

Edit: the worst set tonight? Kygo. That was such a boring set. Everybody seems to be over Tropical House, right?!

No, i knew about them. Ok, not that much since i only knew about them from Gran Torino. Weird about the second part.

Point still stands, regueton sucks!

No, i knew about them. Ok, not that much since i only knew about them from Gran Torino. Weird about the second part.

You mean reggaeton?

Set was alright went down in quality from the start. Agree that Gasolina was a lame choice though should of played some Spanish Trap.

We are.... Still pretty new to the Dance scene! That's the best part. Which means many people can educate them on Dance music. I've showed my friends about the variety of Dance music and they do enjoy it! But that's a different topic for another day, lol.

But I feel like the first day is always the lackluster day. The second day will show what Ultra is all about. We have more major artists later. More varied, too.

Lost track of time and didn't go this year. FeelsBaMan.

You.... Actually didn't miss much. It was pretty much a call back to the "old" days of Big Room. Not too much Future Bass but alot of Big Room. Which.... I was surprised to hear. There was also alot of Trap which was also a call back to the old days.

Armin's set was decent. The last part was always the best part. Major Lazer was ok.

From what I listened of Resistance, that was the best part of the whole night based on mood. The Tech and House was too good.

neemmss

Any way to watch the day 1 stuff? Or do I have to wait till everything is done and they post separate sets?

They are doing a rebroadcast right now on the live stream link.

Kygo's set did not suck and was decent. It was meant to be a "suprise" for attendees, to test the new songs and to funnel people out to get more alcohol. He did his job. I even liked his new songs. Worst set of the stream was Major.

Also I don't think a lot of you guys understand the difference between future house and bass house. I would suggest reading up on that before calling everything future house.

Aomber

Hoping Sundays stream is good, didn't really have time to tune in for the first day and probably not tomorrow either

They are doing a rebroadcast right now on the live stream link.

Kygo's set did not suck and was decent. It was meant to be a "suprise" for attendees, to test the new songs and to funnel people out to get more alcohol. He did his job. I even liked his new songs. Worst set of the stream was Major.

Also I don't think a lot of you guys understand the difference between future house and bass house. I would suggest reading up on that before calling everything future house.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think you might be misunderstanding :p nobody on this page mentioned future house, they were talking about future bass which is that 70-90 BPM melodic trappy cheesy flume ripoff music. Those guys are edmgaf regulars, they definitely know the difference between subgenres

neemmss

Hoping Sundays stream is good, didn't really have time to tune in for the first day and probably not tomorrow either

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think you might be misunderstanding :p nobody on this page mentioned future house, they were talking about future bass which is that 70-90 BPM melodic trappy cheesy flume ripoff music. Those guys are edmgaf regulars, they definitely know the difference between subgenres

My mistake. I misread a comment here and thought they were comparing the two groups. Thank you for pointing that out to make me reread a couple of comments again.

On Sunday Hardwell is dropping a 360 livestream on his own channel. So I wonder what's that's going to be like.

Aomber

Zedd has recently been sick, he was supposed to be performing Sunday but given this tweet we will probably see deadmau5 replace his slot

yMkLamF.png

My mistake. I misread a comment here and thought they were comparing the two groups. Thank you for pointing that out to make me reread a couple of comments again.

On Sunday Hardwell is dropping a 360 livestream on his own channel. So I wonder what's that's going to be like.

Yooooo, Hardwell 360° livestream? That's going to be interesting.

Yeah, sorry if you thought I said Future House, lol. The Bass was pushed into the next line and if you read it you can definitely see how it can be read as just Future when I talk about Big Room next :)

Nice. Deadmau5 to replace Zedd will be awesome.

You forgot to mention Illenium and Chainsmokers

Aomber

Apparently I had a miscommunication with a date so I guess it's beer and Ultra for me today

What @ that schedule though they're really jumping all over the place today, 5 minutes of this and that. They really need to do it Coachella style – been saying it for years, I'd PAY for them to do it that way, stream a few stages at the same time and let us choose

Apparently I had a miscommunication with a date so I guess it's beer and Ultra for me today

What @ that schedule though they're really jumping all over the place today, 5 minutes of this and that. They really need to do it Coachella style – been saying it for years, I'd PAY for them to do it that way, stream a few stages at the same time and let us choose

Yup :/

That was a damn fine way to stream a festival.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom