• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs E3 Trailer Leaks

Irish

CG trailers will always have a place in this world if for nothing more than the sake of being visual art.

I enjoy a good CG trailer, especially like this one with some excellent lighting and photorealism. I just look at it as a short film, only interested in how CG tech improves over time. It's not like it's going to hype me to buy a game.

But I guess that's exactly why they still make them. The sad part is, we will definitely not get to this level of realtime graphics during the course of next gen, and by the time we do, pre-rendered CG will probably be mindblowing.

The fact that so many trailers aren't showing actual gameplay is pretty annoying. Especially when they've been in development for awhile now.

Knoxcore

Actual gameplay we've seen tells me more about this product that a CG trailer that while looks great, is nothing like the awesomeness of the gameplay.

Enough with the pointless CG trailers and show off your game. Not some made up bs.

Thaster

I don't mind that this "leak" was a CG trailer. At least we got something Watch Dogs related before E3.

Besides, I'm sure that Ubisoft dedicate some time for in-game footage at their press conference.

butman

If the trailer doesn't show you what you will play, it's useless a this point.

Learn from Deep Down one

Lol people complaining about leaks, pretty sure there will be gameplay at the Ubisoft conference

Because the phrase "leaked" means that some type of information has slipped out that wasnt supposed to. Now it's just a PR phrase used to manipulate naive people into rushing to watch some trailer or listen to some music tracks because it gives the sense that you are seeing or listening to something you are not supposed to have access to.

Thanks for the full trailer Hurricane43.

Btw, what's the deal with the name Aiden, both here and in Beyond. Just seems like a weird bit of coincidence, I guess.

VanWinkle

We're seeing A LOT of these CG trailers. You know what I think is going on? These publishers aren't confident that the average consumers are going to notice a big difference between generations, so they deceive them through CG trailers to make it seem like we're getting a more massive leap than we are.

McDougles

How dare Ubisoft have footage stolen from them out of context!

It makes me jump to conclusions about their direction as a gaming company!

L1NETT

To be fair, that full trailer was pretty cool. If a CG's trailers job is for marketing and "hype" purposes, then it will do the job.

Emwitus

The more i see of this game, the more generic it looks. Wouldn't be surprised if it's another assassins creed 1.

woober

Anyone think games will look like that by the end of the gen?

The graphics will get there, but the main problem I see is the animation required to make the whole thing believable. It's gonna require significant resources.

dezzy8

That trailer got me pretty hyped. I love CG trailers. Especially after already seeing the gameplay that looks good. Nothing like some cinematic stuff to get me pumped up for the release.

Top Bottom