• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the interest level for an NBA 2K6 league (xbox)?

Cloudy

Banned
And no, I don't mean you buy the game and decide you hate it in week 2 after we find the inevitable cheese/exploit. You have to really want to be in it for the long haul and be willing to work through any issues like we're doing in the Madden league

I'm not as free as I used to be in past years but watching the vids, the gameplay looks too good not to have a league. Also, VC has fully functioning leagues with trades from day one (unlike that other company) :)

Post here if you want in and with what team. Lakers are obviously off the board :D

These delicious gameplay vids finally sealed it for me :eek:

http://2ksports.com/_img/videos/nba2k6/nba2k6_GamePlay1_320x180.wmv

http://2ksports.com/_img/videos/nba2k6/nba2k6_GamePlay2_320x180.wmv

http://2ksports.com/_img/videos/nba2k6/nba2k6_Xbox-Fundamentals_320x240.wmv (I miss Dan and Peter >_< )

Cloudy - Lakers
Jobber - Spurs
DM - Bulls?
Truelize - ??
Mally- Jazz?

Fifty

When's it coming out? I might pass on it and save up for the 360 version. Madden is taking too much time now for me to be interested in b-ball for at least a couple months. So yeah, probably just the 360.

Cloudy

Banned
9-26 - Xbox
11-15 - 360

I don't think there will be that many folks here picking up the 360 at launch so the best chance of a good league is on xbox for now IMO. Plus I can't wait :lol

PS: I have both versions pre-ordered but that's just me :p

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I really cant see this game being much better on the 360 than it will be on the xbox. And looking back to how broken the last couple of years have been there is no way I am paying $50 for this on the 360. If it doesnt suck and Conex can't just hang out in the lane with Odom while playing a 1-3-1 zone then I'll probably be getting it and will play in the league.

DMczaf

If I DO end up buying it somehow (and I'm really doubting it after the last 2 years of being raped by Visual Concepts), I call the Bulls.

DCX

DCX
I'm done with sports games on XBOX, i will be moving on to Xbox 360 as soon as i can. Madden 06 is my last XBOX sports game. I doubt everyone will have 360 in time for a season so i'm guessing we will have a late start on a season, and i'm on the fence on which game to get, Live or 2K.

DCX

JayFro

Banned
DCX said:
I'm done with sports games on XBOX, i will be moving on to Xbox 360 as soon as i can. Madden 06 is my last XBOX sports game. I doubt everyone will have 360 in time for a season so i'm guessing we will have a late start on a season, and i'm on the fence on which game to get, Live or 2K.

DCX

Same for me, I'll be on 360 so I would be interested in some leagues for that.

JayFro

Cloudy

Banned
I can tell you right now that the majority of us will NOT be on 360 at launch or anytime soon after that. Although I think it'll be possible to play against regular xbox players with an xbox game on the 360. That is what I plan to do when 360 is released...

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
i will have 360 at launch... so i may wait, adepends on how busy I am , I am going to watch the game play movies and get back to you

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Im passing on VC games this year,Im too into the madden league and the only bball game im getting this year is Live for 360.

Definitely not getting it for Xbox. There is a possibility I could get the X360 version, but then again I'm not losing interest in Madden anytime soon.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I'd have bought it at $20, but at $40, forget about it.

There was way too much effed up stuff in the game last year for me to even want to get this year's version anyway. NBA Live looks like it will be the better game this year, but I don't think I'll get that either.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
If the game isn't a bargain $30 in Canada then I'm not touching it. And it sounds like there are quite a lot of people in this thread that will be getting the 360 at launch so maybe I'll just wait till then too and try out the new NBA Live.

We shall see.

Cloudy

Banned
I'd have bought it at $20, but at $40, forget about it.
Fair enough

NBA Live looks like it will be the better game this year
Based on what exactly? Certainly not the vids. But if you feel that way already you'll probably wanna quit when we find the inevitable glitch/cheese/annoyance that exists in every sports game so it's cool :p

And it sounds like there are quite a lot of people in this thread that will be getting the 360 at launch
I HIGHLY doubt it'll end up that way (launch) but if there are enough folks, there will be a league for that too :)

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
ah snap... Peter and Dan are in the with the TNT guys :eek:

What happened to the old NBA guy? He changed his name so much I forgot it.

AH WTF!!! Kenny Smith is saying the same shit Bill Walton said in 2K5

"When you take that kind of shot, you've failed at life!"

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
A 2-man league with Jobber and Konex will be sweet,make sure to give us a link to the league.

Spurs vs Lakers every week,I know Im excited.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Cloudy said:
Fair enough

Based on what exactly? Certainly not the vids. But if you feel that way already you'll probably wanna quit when we find the inevitable glitch/cheese/annoyance that exists in every sports game so it's cool :p

You've played the Live 2006 demo, it's really enjoyable. I prefered 2K5 last year because live was so terrible, but the choice this year is clear to me.

Bog

Junior Ace
outlaw_220_011116.jpg

konex because you were such a good sport with madden i will likely get the game and play in the league.

that and the awesome news about online fantasy leagues!

Matrix

If my bro gets the game Ill play,if he doesnt im out like I said earlier.

Who cares about the online fantasy leagues. I've seen how well VC's online league stuff works. It rarely does.. Play Madden! Basketball sucks!

Top Bottom