• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Mafia |OT| Royal Rumble Superstars of Wrestling MMXVI

Palmer_v1

I really wish we could verify your vanilla claim too though, Bear. It seems odd that you were targeted, and affected, when squidyj was not. There's an outside chance you're the vanillaizer yourself and the miller was just a good claim and you self targeted, or no targeted(or got blocked), and claiming this to further clear yourself and explain the lack of any other target(barring cabot)/

I feel like you're being helpful to town, though. Through D1, I was sure you were town. D2, I can't get a read from thanks to the turbo. D3 you seem town in leading the conversation towards discussion instead of bandwagons. Fucking Miller though.

Burbeting

Banned
I really wish we could verify your vanilla claim too though, Bear. It seems odd that you were targeted, and affected, when squidyj was not. There's an outside chance you're the vanillaizer yourself and the miller was just a good claim and you self targeted, or no targeted(or got blocked), and claiming this to further clear yourself and explain the lack of any other target(barring cabot)/

If you read last page again, squidyj states he was affected as well.

He's always been on my shitlist for weird behavior. In particular, when he tried to paint squidyj as scum AFTER he used his power. Then the vote yesterday to push it right to the edge on Kawl when he knew how close to turbo we were, followed by a nearly instantaneous bandwagon today on Cornb.

I don't have time to go through his posts until later(i'm on call for work today, and busy), but I think he's a far better vote than Scrafty is.

It might be easier to list who I'm NOT suspicious of at this juncture though. These are the people I think are town right now.

Bronx
ScraftyDevil
Burbeting
Squidyj
RobotNinjaHornets
Blargonaut
Ultron87

Everyone else is scummy or inactive at best, IMO.

I'll be back in like 2 hours. Please don't turbo again.

Hmm interesting. You think batsnacks is scum. Why not push to lynch him considering he has a double vote?

Bronx-Man

Banned
I don't know, it just looks like you're doing that exact same thing!!!!

readImage

Burbeting

Banned
List of people who are coasting and blending pretty hardcore:

StanleyPalmtree
Terrabyte
Matt Attack
RNH
Ultron

I wouldn't even be super surprised, if this were our scum team. Obviously this is not most likely the case, but there is definitely multiple scum here.

Burbeting

Banned
All of the people listed above, I either have no good read on, are not most likely confirmed townies, or are coasting badly in my eyes.

it really concerns me how myself and the other inactives have been so overlooked due too squidjy and corn's catfight.
we are still looking for 5 scum right? its looking pretty obvious that one is hiding there

Palmer_v1

All of the people listed above, I either have no good read on, are not most likely confirmed townies, or are coasting badly in my eyes.

I agree that about half this game feels like they're coasting. As for RNH, Ultron, and Scrafty, it's mostly just hunches for me. I felt like Scrafty's annoyance and play was bad for town, but wasn't scummy to me. RNH and Ultron are just always a bit quiet, but I don't read anything from them as scummy. Bronx is just new, and I'm honestly taking some tolerance for him from that. Ultimately, I want him to hopefully learn from our(and his) mistakes, and come back to play in more games.

@Cornb

I didn't say Bat was scum. Just that he wasn't selling me on being town. Aside from the bad voting, which a lot of us are guilty of, my issue is that he hasn't contributed a lot. I think he coasted D1 on his claim, and I was hoping to see more D2, but we know how that ended.

StanleyPalmtree
Terrabyte
Matt Attack
RNH
Ultron

I wouldn't even be super surprised, if this were our scum team. Obviously this is not most likely the case, but there is definitely multiple scum here.

Unfortunately by the time I was able to show up on D2, people decided it was a good idea to turbo Kawl before I had a chance to actually do anything. As it stands I think Salva is the clear choice to lynch, as I did yesterday. Ultron is still viable for me too because his posts have been the absolute safest of the entire game in my eyes, but we should totally lynch Salva today. I get major TWE from Ace Attorney Mafia vibes from him- sometimes, somebody looks way too obviously scum because they are. After his vote on Kawl I'm even more convinced that somethings got to be up.

I still think Scrafty is town. I want to remind anybody who payed attention to Ace Attorney Mafia that she was town there and had a very similar posting frequency to what she has this game. Doesn't mean she's town, but it also doesn't mean she's scum. Can people who have a scum read on her go ahead and give me some convincing reasons as to why she's more scummy than somebody like Salva or Ultron? Because her name has been consistently thrown around and I feel like I've got no actual understanding as to why people are suspicious of her. The potential Rock breadcrumbs aren't really convincing enough for me, but I don't know if those are actually still part of the reasoning that people still subscribe to.

Burbeting

Banned
My suspicion of Scrafty has been due to her post-style over the course of this game. All through D1, all of her posts were reactions to other people making questions to her. Other than that, she always fell back into silence and coasting. This wouldn't necessarily by bad, but the she always posted right after someone made a prod at ther, was definitely proof that she keeps very close tabs on the thread, and reads it very actively, otherwise it would have taken her much more time to respond.

So what, then? Was she afraid of posting? No townie should be only reactionary player, that's only something scum do, especially in the way she did it in D1.

Burbeting

Banned
In AA mafia, Scrafty was innocent child, a cleared town role from the start. This must have had some sort of affect on her posting style (possibly slight boredom over such a safe role), that I wouldn't really take it as a good point of reference.

Palmer_v1

I think I mentioned it yesterday, but Stanley is also someone who I suspected of being the SK. They've just not been in the game at all.

I probably missed something but why are you so sure there's a sk?

Seems possible that maybe one of the N1 deaths was Veteran related, or a 1 shot. Could even be one of those scum kills where they also get anyone visiting the target.

Either that or someone got protected/roleblocked last night.

The former is starting to seem more likely to me.

ultron87

Sorry, things are in crisis mode at work.

Summary, that I can expand on later:

Turboing Kawl was real bad and I'm suspicious of everyone involved. Especially Batsnacks contributing to it all double like. But admittedly, when a townie commits suicide things are tough.

The way Scrafty, Squidy and Salva started the day off with votes for Corn out of the blue is scummy as hell.

Scrafty is probably the Scum Veteran that kills visitors because if she is it makes it so her claimed commuter role is impossible to prove because oh, how convenient, everyone that was going to prove it dies (and she can just blame it on a scum kill because any plan to prove her role would have to be planned ahead of time for the death to be suspicious).

My suspicion of Scrafty has been due to her post-style over the course of this game. All through D1, all of her posts were reactions to other people making questions to her. Other than that, she always fell back into silence and coasting. This wouldn't necessarily by bad, but the she always posted right after someone made a prod at ther, was definitely proof that she keeps very close tabs on the thread, and reads it very actively, otherwise it would have taken her much more time to respond.

So what, then? Was she afraid of posting? No townie should be only reactionary player, that's only something scum do, especially in the way she did it in D1.

In AA mafia, Scrafty was innocent child, a cleared town role from the start. This must have had some sort of affect on her posting style (possibly slight boredom over such a safe role), that I wouldn't really take it as a good point of reference.

It's at least possible that her Innocent Child role may have had some affect on her posting style, but I think it's a big assumption to assume she maintained a very consistent posting frequency precisely because of her possible boredom from the role. In the interest of avoiding heavy metagaming though, I'll try to limit comparisons to her play in AA Mafia, because even by focusing on this game alone I don't think she's lying.

On your point about her posts being very reactionary: I can't entirely disagree, but I don't think that alone is a scumtell. I can say that I personally easily fall into the trap of posting like this, especially when I feel like what I have to add to the discussion is limited or especially when I have no clue what the hell is going on (side note: I've generally had no clue what the hell is going on this game.) I claim that these are her reasons for posting the way you've pointed out, but I think it's important to keep in mind that there are a lot of reasons for posting like this. I think we should be far more wary of those who both post infrequently and in a particularly safe manner: Ultron and Stanley fall into this category, whereas I would say that Scrafty, RNH and Terra (although only barely in Terra's case) do not. Even then, the inactive posters would not be my first choice for a lynch when you've got a player like Salva whose behavior has been consistently and notably suspicious.

I also want to add that I think Scrafty's role makes a lot of sense due to the apparent number of night actions we've seen thus far. Obviously this isn't based on actual play, but I think it's worth considering. Think of all the N1 Deaths, the Vanillaizer, and any other night actions we may not yet be aware of. In a game seemingly swimming with activity at night, I think a commuter makes a lot of sense. We've already seen one role (Hornswoggle) that dealt with protecting themselves at night (albeit it was a role with a great deal of risk), I don't think it's that far out there to assume there's another role that exists to avoid actions. When I consider this, in combination with the fact that her play has been in line with her play in AA, not to mention the fact that the consistent focus on her could potentially be a conciliatory effort on Scum's part leads me to feel pretty confident she's town.

Salva...the fuck are you doing? It seems too obviously scummy to be scum, but that could just be trying to hide in plain sight after the stupid decision at the end of day 2 I guess? Like he's realised how bad and stupid that ended up looking and has decided to go all in to try and evoke feelings of Kawl.

StanleyPalmtree
Terrabyte
Matt Attack
RNH
Ultron

Fair. I would've been a bit more active day 2, but someone put a premature end to that. And someone else put a premature end to my Cabot thought process, so that's annoying. Especially because we don't actually now know if he's face or heel (could've been killed by an SK who hides their target's role and the scum night kill could blocked maybe). Will definitely post more though.

I'm going to spend some time looking at the other low posters to see if I can glean anything, since you're right that there's probably at least a couple of heels in that pile.

Scrafty is probably the Scum Veteran that kills visitors because if she is it makes it so her claimed commuter role is impossible to prove because oh, how convenient, everyone that was going to prove it dies (and she can just blame it on a scum kill because any plan to prove her role would have to be planned ahead of time for the death to be suspicious).

What would your death configuration on night 1 be with Scrafty as Veteran? I.e. how did each person die?

I probably missed something but why are you so sure there's a sk?

Seems possible that maybe one of the N1 deaths was Veteran related, or a 1 shot. Could even be one of those scum kills where they also get anyone visiting the target.

Either that or someone got protected/roleblocked last night.

The former is starting to seem more likely to me.

4 deaths N1:

Kalor died most likely from hiding on scum
Magnum died ???
Splinter died ???
Retro died ???

Assuming scum had 1 kill and the vig had 1 kill, that leaves 1 kill unaccounted for.

I believe that is a neutral killer. Unless scum had one additional kill N1.

Palmer_v1

4 deaths N1:

Kalor died most likely from hiding on scum
Magnum died ???
Splinter died ???
Retro died ???

Assuming scum had 1 kill and the vig had 1 kill, that leaves 1 kill unaccounted for.

I believe that is a neutral killer. Unless scum had one additional kill N1.

It just seems to me like N1 could be a fluke as easily as N2. It's probably safer to assume we still have multiple killers, but it's not a sure thing, and you seem fairly positive about it.

nukedeggs

Ok, finally back from work. More or less caught up, but will have to mull over what happened so far today for a bit.

In the meantime, I guess I'll give my view on what happened D2.

The entire Kawl turbo situation felt really strange at the time, but now I'm not so sure what it means. With 5 town dead at the start of D2, and Kawl with the majority of the votes, it felt like mafia shouldn't have had any real incentive to push hard for anything, especially with Kawl self-destructing at that point anyway.

Salva's play was really anti-town, but if he's scum, then why make such an obviously anti-town move? It seems like throughout this game, Salva's not dealt too well with pressure being put on him. I've been really suspicious of him for a while, especially after the little exchange we had on D1, where he acted oddly panicky when a few votes were placed on him. He also seems overly concerned about what people think of him. I'll quote some examples:
It seems we do understand each other, all right.

Just to be sure you are saying you voted for me because I was not engaged until after squid role was confirmed?

Oh right xD.

Cool. So we are clear that I was laid back before the squid confirm because until that point everything was speculation (Reads and the like are useless for me this early in the game). And when the command was confirmed I focused on discussing it since, you know, that and Blargs confirmation is what we have right now.

Nice catch. But its both neutral and scum.

Hmm, who could he possibly target? Blarg would be the safest one too, since he was cleaned by Squid. But Scrafty, again, had the commuter claim, so it was less likely to die if he was behind here.

I think my vote would stay on scrafty for now.

I also want to hear what people think of me.

I am here, I just want to see what more people think of me.

This just feels really over the top and weird. Why would he be so conscious of this?

This recent play felt almost like it's too much - could he really be acting this scummy if he had teammates? Is this just a next-level scum play? I honestly can't make too much sense of his actions, but I'm just going to stick with the simple explanation that he's just making bad scum plays.

Vote: SalvaPot

Right, well, shockingly I didn't find much in the posts from the people who don't post much.

Nit1MJN.gif

Yeah I know

The weirdest thing that jumped out at me was probably this post:

This like the third time THIS GAME where a mod is being called upon to clear crap up, but can't because it's practically confirming roles. Did we break it or something?

Like, I realise this is very, very tenuous, but I can only think of that and the Batsnacks voting tool clarification. What's the mystery third situation Terra?

...yeah I got nothing.

The person I have the best feeling about out of the low posters (excluding me obv) is Matt Attack - his last couple posts have at least had a decent chunk of content in them.

Stanley seems to have just gone with the flow a lot. Interesting that he decided to try to bring attention to the low posters earlier. While it's good that he realises that he hasn't been posting much and this is bad, I am wondering a bit if it's trying to pull attention away from the Salva situation. Like, it'd be easy to play the "hey why would I bring attention to myself if I'm scum" card to redirect onto different low posters, giving Salva a bit more time.

Ultron I know from experience is always pretty quiet, which makes it difficult to get anything from his alignment.

Terra has contributed a bit, but not a great amount? Apart from that post I quote I don't really have anything to talk about. Is he normally as quiet as this?

I'm going to be honest, I'm not too comfortable with voting the less active players at this point
inb4 well you would say that
. I don't think all the heels would be hiding in Bear's pile and unfortunately, because of the night 1 massacre and the nonsense last day phase, if we pick wrong we're going to be rapidly approaching losing. I mean given we have 15 people left, if there are 4 heels & 11 faces which is probably best case scenario, we just need two more mislynches and a night kill and we've lost. That's 1 more day after this. And that's assuming there will only be one night kill. If we can get someone with something more than just "They don't post much", I'd be much happier to go with that before focusing on the inactives. While I am leaning towards Salva, I won't vote yet. We need to be very cautious here.

Top Bottom