• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Ghostbusters' reboot starts filming in Boston this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Double post, but just wanted to check with you guys:

Is that Ernie Hudson driving the car in this photo?

ghostbusters0025.jpg
Yeah, there's a ton of pics of him on set now. He's got a cameo just like Bill and Dan. I have this sneaking suspicion that each of them will be somehow involved in a "passing of the torch" scene. I can see Ernie selling them the car, Dan selling them their "firehouse" (or whatever they'll use as base of operations), and Bill selling something else.

Yeah, edited the post. A whole BUNCH of Hudson pics up in there now.

That's not the same Ecto-1 that we've seen earlier. I wonder if something happens to it during the film.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, edited the post. A whole BUNCH of Hudson pics up in there now.

That's not the same Ecto-1 that we've seen earlier. I wonder if something happens to it during the film.
It's the "before" vehicle. Feig showed it on his Twitter a long time ago or something. Last day of shooting does not equal last scene of the movie, but I'm sure you know that.

It's the "before" vehicle. Feig showed it on his Twitter a long time ago or something.

I thought what he showed on his twitter was Ecto-1 straight up, though? I'm old and easily confused now, bear with me. He tweeted photos of a white Caddy hearse with Ghostbuster logos on it, I thought.

Ernie looks really good!!

Gosh, I really can't wait for this movie. I really do think it has a ton of potential to be fuckin' amazing with all that talent <3 Rick Moranis would be a huge get, but I would rather be surprised (if it was going to happen at all) than knowing ahead of time.

ONE MORE!! LOOKIT THESE CUTIES OMG!!!!!! <3

7DWXbsc.png

Faiz

We have the first official still of the Ghostbusters reboot.

12371188_941431859225994_56749068787401532_o.jpg

I'm fine with the cast but this shot, like the other that came out earlier... I dunno, has a weird "tough girl" presence they are trying to project? Feels odd for Ghostbusters but in the end really doesn't mean much for how the movie will turn out.

I've never dislike McCarthy in anything so I'm clearly gonna watch this. Just feels odd.

liquidtmd

Banned
We have the first official still of the Ghostbusters reboot.

12371188_941431859225994_56749068787401532_o.jpg

Hmm. Was kinda hoping for at least a worn, lived in world vibe that the original movie went for. I get its not trying to 'be' the original movie but this still looks like a Halloween Costume advert with the day glo green.

Meh its one picture. Still in, like a fair chunk of McCarthy and Feigs work and want to give them a fair shake of it

Downhome

I've grown more and more excited for this movie.

I really hope it delivers.

I'm kinda on the opposite end of that thinking. I want to love it, I really truly do. I love the Ghostbusters series, the cartoon, everything about the universe. However, I just can't get beyond Leslie Jones being in this film. With each passing SNL episode, it makes me despise her [Leslie Jones Yelling]MORE AND MORE AND MORE[/Leslie Jones Yelling]. I just can't stand her, and she makes me that negative on this entire project.

I hope I'm wrong, I hope she is more than just "Leslie Jones" in this movie. I'd be willing to bet she wont be though, and that makes me want to cringe out of my skin.

Right behind her is my dislike for Melissa McCarthy. It isn't a blind hatred for her though, I have liked her in a few things. But more often than not, yeah, I'm not a fan at all.

Prove me wrong, please!

Not convinced by this movie yet, but I have to say that Kristen Wiig is one of the hottest MILFs existing on this planet.

Wow..

kristen_wiig.jpg

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Hmm. Was kinda hoping for at least a worn, lived in world vibe that the original movie went for. I get its not trying to 'be' the original movie but this still looks like a Halloween Costume advert with the day glo green.

Meh its one picture. Still in, like a fair chunk of McCarthy and Feigs work and want to give them a fair shake of it

Looks fake to the point that if you told me it was a promo shot at the Universal theme park I'd be like totally.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Ernie looks really good!!

Gosh, I really can't wait for this movie. I really do think it has a ton of potential to be fuckin' amazing with all that talent <3 Rick Moranis would be a huge get, but I would rather be surprised (if it was going to happen at all) than knowing ahead of time.

ONE MORE!! LOOKIT THESE CUTIES OMG!!!!!! <3

7DWXbsc.png

a couple of them are cute indeed. The Egon girl in particular looks sexy, yessir

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Goddamn, I'ma have to start working on some cosplay so I can wear it to the premiere, because everything I see makes me more and more hyped for this!

I believe that :D That picture's so fucking cool, I can't wait to finally see some ghosts and stuff. And ghost traps!

The Kree

Banned
Ghosts flipping over vehicles and shit. The carnage is probably gonna be a lot bigger in this version. I wonder what kind of crazy shit they cooked up for the third act that can top a city crushing giant.

Bluth54

It lines up with ghosts they've featured in the past. The mugging runner, the twin brothers they caught in the court room in 2, etc. I like it a lot.
Yeah the Scoleri brothers were criminals and they actually attacked the Judge in Ghostbusers 2 unlike most of the ghosts in the 2 movies. I've been reading the Ghostbusters Visual History book that recently came out and they talk about how they decided to make most of the ghosts in the movies peaceful since it's the opposite of most movie ghosts who scare or attack people. I'm glad they are doing something a little bit different with this movie.

Didnt want to make a new thread so figured I'd bump this one.

We're 5 months out and havent had any news in a while on a trailer.
Anyone know anything further on it?

I read on GAF someone said it was due the end of 2015 but again, nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom