• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bombcast - 05/12/15

Myggen

listening to brad talk is always frustrating. he doesnt know what hes talking about, but he keeps talking. so I sit here thinking, why do I put up with this?

It's a hard life you live.

Wow, I love Jeff's speech about Silent Hills and Konami during the emails section. It's like one of those intelligent Jeff rants that he sometimes gets into, mostly on Jar Times. I'm gonna need to remember to iso that part of the Bombcast.

Are you stealing my thing of putting Bombcast clips up on YT, you motherfucker?! ;)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
But go see Ex Machina, seriously great sci fi movie. Once you've seen it, read FilmCritHulk's article about the awesome ending.
I like the comic, so I'm curious. It's just tiring to have it bombarded at me, especially by people who haven't seen it and probably have no interest in seeing it. It's like how people hate Hulu because it's the same insurance ad over and over again.

listening to brad talk is always frustrating. he doesnt know what hes talking about, but he keeps talking. so I sit here thinking, why do I put up with this?
It's why I rarely listen to the podcasts. I enjoy the site but it's clear most of the time that the crew don't follow the news or fact check any information about games being looked at beforehand(This 10 dollar game is 20 dollars!) The casts have the same issue on a much grander scale. Someone should slice out the interesting anecdotes every week.

It's why I rarely listen to the podcasts. I enjoy the site but it's clear most of the time that the crew don't follow the news or fact check any information about games being looked at beforehand(This 10 dollar game is 20 dollars!) The casts have the same issue on a much grander scale. Someone should slice out the interesting anecdotes every week.

Thanks for coming in the thread then?

And no, nobody should slice out "interesting anecdotes". Jesus that sounds dry.

Thanks for coming in the thread then?

And no, nobody should slice out "interesting anecdotes". Jesus that sounds dry.
I like coming to read about the good bits :p
PoR having that was a love letter to Super Castlevania IV, which introduced it and had a lot of expanded whip mechanics.
Castlevania 4 is one of the few games in the series I haven't played so I need to get around to that. Apparently that's the game that the mansion chandeliers in Lords of Shadows 2 were referencing as well.

MajorTom

The skipping is annoying but at least it isn't as bad as the other week. I would just listen to the premium version but I like the ads :p

LiK

Frat Party. Us Brits will sit here pondering what it could mean :D

(Seriously, what's a Frat Party?)

College clubs where douchebags gather. (No offense if you're in a frat)

I actually pledged for one when I was a Freshman and it wasn't fun doing the stupid shit they made you do. I quit the process partway. They also gave me a really stupid ass nickname which encouraged me to quit it cuz I ain't gonna be stuck with that dumbshit name. I met one really cool nice guy there but when I quit the pledging process, he wasn't allowed to socialize with me anymore. Pretty dumb. Frats and sororities are strange and weird things people use to force bonds and friendships with strangers. I'm not that type of person so it didn't work for me.

I wonder if that's why the GB crew and their fans are so relatable to me.

GRIMREEFZ

idk why but recently videos on their site do not play in my browser (chrome) and its really bumming me out. I have updated my browser and tried everything. R.I.P Giantbomb Quicklooks

ZanDatsu

Does every American college have fraternities? Do other countries have them? I can't think of anything similar in the UK.

KingKong

The only game I've played that actually felt like it had meaningful choices to me is the original Deus Ex. The big difference is that you weren't given the clearly presented options by the game and had to actually make a decision that wasn't at all obvious to you

The only game I've played that actually felt like it had meaningful choices to me is the original Deus Ex. The big difference is that you weren't given the clearly presented options by the game and had to actually make a decision that wasn't at all obvious to you

New Vegas.

Also can we just say that wise and kirkhope don't really make that great of music? They make music that matches the game but not great music by itself.

I like the comic, so I'm curious. It's just tiring to have it bombarded at me, especially by people who haven't seen it and probably have no interest in seeing it. It's like how people hate Hulu because it's the same insurance ad over and over again.

The movie, Ex Machina, has nothing to do with the comic. Totally separate entities. They just happen to share names.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
idk why but recently videos on their site do not play in my browser (chrome) and its really bumming me out. I have updated my browser and tried everything. R.I.P Giantbomb Quicklooks
Just watch them on youtube!?

Does every American college have fraternities? Do other countries have them? I can't think of anything similar in the UK.
They are a thing in Germany, but quite different. generally only really conservative to right wing extremist folk go there, Wiki says about 1% of students. They like to fence. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Studentenverbindung

megalowho

New Vegas.

Also can we just say that wise and kirkhope don't really make that great of music? They make music that matches the game but not great music by itself.
I really like Kirkhope's orchestral work in games like Viva Pinata and Civ: Beyond Earth, but if Dan played those it would be too easy to guess. That leaves the more jaunty action-platformer stuff, which doesn't do much for me on its own either.

Zaph

Some UK colleges (especially ones attended by the upper classes) have clubs and drinking societies which are similar but usually not as promoted/open.

I really like Kirkhope's orchestral work in games like Viva Pinata and Civ: Beyond Earth, but if Dan played those it would be too easy to guess. That leaves the more jaunty action-platformer stuff, which doesn't do much for me on its own either.

I didn't know he did beyond earth although I didn't even finish a game of that lol. I got close...

It's not hard to tell the difference between their styles. Kirkhope is more 'videogamey' is the best (worst) way I can convey the differences. I love both of their work.

I really like how Jeff often goes against the grain but is still able to validate his opinion relatively well.

He's like the right wing version of Jim Sterling.

Trojan

Kirkhope vs Wise challenge fell pretty flat. Also, I love Jason's commentary but if unfortunately I don't play too many of the games he talks about other than Dark Souls/Bloodborne. Probably need to change that.

LQX

Ugh, I so hate how Brad is willing to spoil anything. For fucks sake Brad, control yourself.

FluxWaveZ

He gave folks a warning. Unless you're referring to something else he may have spoiled?

He didn't give a warning for Far Cry 4. I didn't really care, but when I realized he was itching to elaborate on the ending despite it being an aside, I couldn't help but think, "Oh, here we go."

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
if the "story" in FC4 is worth being upset about spoilers for then yeeesh. What a low bar for video game stories we must have.

I mean the entire point of their discussion was that everything is so inconsequential anyway. What exactly did they spoil? That you have to
side with one of the rebel leaders and kill/spare the other?

The Wise vs Kirkhope challenge did fall flat a bit, but it was neat. The Bombcast needs stuff like that.

Top Bottom