• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guitar Hero II Demo in new OPM?

sauce: http://forum.guitarherogame.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=5939

MethodMan from the GH Forums said:
Okay guys for the last time, heh:

The demo comes out between September 22-October 15 in the newest Official PlayStation Monthly.

The demo is singleplayer and includes Four songs:

Shout at the Devil by Motley Crue
Strutter by Kiss
YYZ by Rush
You Really Got Me by Van Halen

I searched to see if this was made recently (although not really thoroughly). If this is true, this will be the first OPM I buy in over a year. D:

In issue #109 (the one with the Okami demo), it says this about next month's demo disc:

"Coming next month! Guitar Hero II"

Take that as you will.

BuddyC

Synthesizer Patel said:
Oh God please let this be true please let this be true.

I have been going insane the past few months since E3 from lack of Strutter.
I'm not one to do this, but, IAWTP and QFT.

black_13

Banned
This was announced two weeks ago on the OPM Podcast!

And here I thought GAF new everything first so didn't bother posting it.

Single-player only? Weak! Give us the E3 demo! We've been dying to try some 2-player again since then, and for a brief moment, I thought this would tide us over until release. Now the wait is worse than ever.

black_13

Banned
And damn, no body even bothered to pick up OPM two months ago when they had Yakuza and before that Okami demo?

In general it's not a bad mag either.

kenta

Has no PEINS
black_13 said:
And damn, no body even bothered to pick up OPM two months ago when they had Yakuza and before that Okami demo?

In general it's not a bad mag either.
I bought the Yakuza demo, want to pop my Okami cherry with the final game, and will be getting this demo as well. Settle down!

Norse

I so want this game with wireless guitar...... Just think if they merged it with karaoke revolution and you had to sing the songs your playing on guitar.

D3VI0US

Kurashima said:
Awesome. I hope this includes at least hard difficulty. If so, instant buy.

Yeah if it includes Hard modes I buy it, if it's just medium they can cram it with walnuts.

Tommy Gun

I will have to buy this. Even if it's only medium. It's just that fun. I'll just play with only two fingers or something.

Shawn

Banned
I'll be another one to say it:

If it's true that a Guitar Hero II demo is in the next OPM, it will be the first OPM I buy in a long time.

I went to GameStop and Safeway to look for them yesterday after work, and apparently no one had them. :(

Anyone know when they go on sale?

Drakken

-jinx- said:
It's apparently the NOVEMBER issue, which isn't out yet -- checked both of my local bookstores today. :(

Nooooooooo

That should be out in the first couple weeks of October then. Maybe earlier.

if this is true itll be the first time i bu.......oh what the **** am i talking about, wario posts linkfor free egm's and opm's all the time, why dont you guys actually hit up his links and have like 10 free years of both like alot of us here do

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
-jinx- said:
It's apparently the NOVEMBER issue, which isn't out yet -- checked both of my local bookstores today. :(

isn't that what the thread said anyway? Okami was in October issue.

Dilbert

levious said:
isn't that what the thread said anyway? Okami was in October issue.
I didn't read the linked thread at first. Based on the date cited in the first post (late September/early October), I assumed it would be in an issue marked "October." Little did I know that the magazine industry operates on the same ****ed-up advance calendar as the department stores which sell sweaters in July and shorts in December.

koam

-jinx- said:
I didn't read the linked thread at first. Based on the date cited in the first post (late September/early October), I assumed it would be in an issue marked "October." Little did I know that the magazine industry operates on the same ****ed-up advance calendar as the department stores which sell sweaters in July and shorts in December.

They're usually 2 months in advance.

BuddyC

-jinx- said:
The nice part is that we'll all be made explicitly aware as to when this hits stores and subscribers thanks to the hype regarding an as-yet-unannounced PS3 launch title being featured on the cover.

Dilbert

BuddyC said:
The nice part is that we'll all be made explicitly aware as to when this hits stores and subscribers thanks to the hype regarding an as-yet-unannounced PS3 launch title being featured on the cover.
:lol :lol :lol

See, PS3 is good for something after all! ;)

Hayami said:
IAWHBLPOS. I Agree With Harmonix Being Lazy Pieces of Shit.

after all my support, too. I bought three damn copies of Amplitude.
they did it because they hate you.

so anyways... did you get this subscription style or from a shop? because if it's in stores now i've got a trip to make.

Hayami

Banned
plagiarize said:
they did it because they hate you.

so anyways... did you get this subscription style or from a shop? because if it's in stores now i've got a trip to make.

my pal Fat Francisco got it in the mail

I'm meeting the project lead of Hero II this week, and I've almost finished putting together questions for my chat with them, but if there's anything you wanna know about the series, harmonix... I'll try and raise good stuff.

M3wThr33

Banned
JonathanEx said:
I'm meeting the project lead of Hero II this week, and I've almost finished putting together questions for my chat with them, but if there's anything you wanna know about the series, harmonix... I'll try and raise good stuff.

Why did you disable the 3rd party guitars from working?

Top Bottom