• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guitar Hero II Demo in new OPM?

Drakken

So...anyone get the demo yet? I'm still waiting for my issue to come. :-/

In the meantime, I've been playing the original GH a lot. It's fun going back and trying to improve old scores.

Good stuff. Strutter is the standout song, imo, followed by YYZ. Shout at the Devil and You Really Got Me are both okay, but suffer from I Love Rock and Roll syndrome--while nice sounding songs, neither is really complex and mostly breaks down to the same two patterns over and over with some perfunctory solos. They're both "first tier" songs according to the released MTV list.

Played some co-op with my roommate, and the per-player difficulty selection is great. Wish you could select parts during guitar selection, though; it's annoying to have to swap all the time depending on if you want lead or bass.

There are two characters, two guitars, one bass, and one arena in the demo. Psychobilly Freakout and Who Was In My Room Last Night both play on the menu though neither is selectable--get those PAR codes working, guys!

Training isn't available so I dunno if it's possible to pick lead/rhythm/bass on 1-player. Hope so.

Anyone up for a demo-based high score competition? :)

thanks for the impressions. i've been itching to play Strutter again since playing it at E3 and tonight i'll get to. tomorrow a friend was coming over for some friendly GH1 competition with his guitar, but now i think we'll be playing some co op instead.

nicholasbrutal

Epic Games PR Manager
I noticed something today: Gamestop's POS has a Wireless Guitar Hero controller available for pre-order that's NOT the flying V already available. I wonder if Red Octane is dropping one just in time for or around the release of GHII. That would explain, partially, the recent lawsuit.

It would also be totally metal.

EDIT: Wait..hold on. Here we go: http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=802556

Yup. Totally metal.

Top Bottom