• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach E3 Trailer [M-CONF]

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
reach_w_logo.jpg

Going above and beyond is standard operating procedure for the Spartans of Noble Team, but even they weren’t prepared for Operation Uppercut. Backs against the wall and facing the full might of a merciless Covenant invasion force, Noble Six must rely on his unique skill set and his previous involvement in the UNSC’s top secret Sabre program to launch a last ditch surprise attack against the Covenant fleet in the last place they expect to be met by strong resistance.
Bungie.net Webpage

Official E3 Campaign Trailer (Thanks to Louis Wu for the links)
WMV 360p | WMV 720p | QT 360p | QT 720p | iPhone | Youtube

Official E3 Campaign Level Walkthrough
GTTV HQ/HD | Youtube

Extended Campaign Demo Level Walkthrough + More Space Dogfighting
Youtube

• Beach level
  • Space-based ship combat

Reach_E310_Campaign10.jpg

Reach_E310_Campaign09.jpg

Reach_E310_Campaign08.jpg

Reach_E310_Campaign07.jpg

Reach_E310_Campaign06.jpg

Reach_E310_Campaign05.jpg

Reach_E310_Campaign04.jpg

Reach_E310_Campaign03.jpg

Reach_E310_Campaign02.jpg

Reach_E310_Campaign01.jpg

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Looked so awesome, the AR was effective at medium range. They showed a new assassination and OMG space combat.

/headblowingup.gif

Hell yes.
Just the kind of ending that I'd hope for, something new, and nuts. Hopefully we'll hear a good bit more over the next few days.

Spasm

Space battles ohmigod ohmigod OHMIGOD!!!

Edit: I coulda done without the CoD inspired butt-rock soundtrack though...

Geoff Keighley just can't SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Watching the E3 post show on GT, and he just spoiled the Halo Reach Presentation for me after all the trouble I went through by avoiding the Presentation in full.

FUCK YOU KEIGHLEY.

4g0zrn.png

So, Now that I know what it is. Is it really worth watching, or worth saving? GAF DECIDES.

Ramirez

Maybe I'm becoming old and bitter, but that honestly didn't do much for me. I had been expecting a space battle, so that didn't really shock me, it looked cool though.(But I share Eazy's concerns in that it might turn into a gimmick of a level) The main thing was the boring fight up the hill, one Elite here, one Elite there, spamming some AR, noobtubing 4 times before killing some Jackals. :lol

I would have rather had a cinematic trailer like the one we got for Halo 3 the E3 before it came out. Oh well, I'm interested to see what else they show, the core game demos as a whole in the conference felt very rushed so that we could get to the shovelware of Kinect.

Well, after watching the Bnet version I retract a lot of what I said, it showed some actual space gameplay and it looked fantastic, the trailer as a whole was better than the one shown on stage. It seems to be the exact same one, but instead of being forced to watch clumsy AR battles it has a lot of cinematic moments, should have shown that one, good stuff.

Monocle

Sounds like Marty's outdone himself. Spectacular soundtrack.

I like the idea of space battles, but I'm not so sure I like the idea of replaying them over and over again. That's always been my issue with forced vehicle sequences.

GhaleonEB

Dani, you should update the OP: the bungie.net link is a trailer, the youtube link the full play-through. Same territory, but different footage.

Dirtbag

Ramirez said:
Maybe I'm becoming old and bitter, but that honestly didn't do much for me. I had been expecting a space battle, so that didn't really shock me, it looked cool though.(But I share Eazy's concerns in that it might turn into a gimmick of a level) The main thing was the boring fight up the hill, one Elite here, one Elite there, spamming some AR, noobtubing 4 times before killing some Jackals. :lol

I would have rather had a cinematic trailer like the one we got for Halo 3 the E3 before it came out. Oh well, I'm interested to see what else they show, the core game demos as a whole in the conference felt very rushed so that we could get to the shovelware of Kinect.

Space battles are the new flood.
We had flying levels in Halo 2, 3, and ODST. I'm sure its just a portion of a level before we board the covie cruiser (that MP map interior we've seen).

GhaleonEB

Monocle said:
Sounds like Marty's outdone himself. Spectacular soundtrack.

I like the idea of space battles, but I'm not so sure I like the idea of replaying them over and over again. That's always been my issue with forced vehicle sequences.
I agree, though each Halo game has had some required vehicle sections. The Banshee usage in Two Betrayals and the Warthog run at the end of Halo 1, the huge Banshee level and the ending Banshee run in Halo 2, and on Halo 3 the Hornet sections of The Covenant and the ending Warthog run. So they're nothing new to Halo.

So long as the space sequence is like that - used very sparingly - I'm all for it. If they're a frequent cut-away from the sandbox combat, I'd be less excited. But knowing Bungie they're hopefully rare exclamation points, not frequent events.

Kibbles

Cuban Legend said:
Geoff Keighley just can't SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Watching the E3 post show on GT, and he just spoiled the Halo Reach Presentation for me after all the trouble I went through by avoiding the Presentation in full.

FUCK YOU KEIGHLEY.

4g0zrn.png

So, Now that I know what it is. Is it really worth watching, or worth saving? GAF DECIDES.
Does anyone know if they are going to put the post show up? I want to see it but GameTrailers.com isn't working.

Striker

Halo 3's E3 video, in hindsight, was basically campaign highlights with few spurts of actual gameplay. I loved this one because it showcased something entirely new to the game, was all about gameplay, and made a strong sense of urgency, i.e. a war going on. B.net's version is great because it's shown in a view that shows the battle going on. Witnessing it first hand.

The Sabre-space segment has me intrigued. I wonder how that works in co-op.

Space battles! I knew it. I get credit, no battles.

Just kidding, but seriously I was thinking that Bungie should definitely put space battles in Reach.. and they did.

Bungie am Gods.

The game itself looks fantastic and the sense of scale seems as epic as I hoped it would be. It's hard to describe, but I love the harsh look of the planet with the ominous skies and whatnot. Just how I imagined Reach would look.

Space battles are honestly something I will have reserve judgment on until I've played them myself. My kneejerk reaction is that they might seem out of place, but if anyone can make me a believer, it's Bungie.

Ghost + armor locked Spartan = :lol (from the conference gameplay)

What's with the headbanging rock music? That's not the Marty I know and love-- the more "conventional" bits sounded wonderful, though.

GT Post Show was up and live, but it went down about 5 minutes in (along with the rest of Gametrailers.com).

If anyone can get a link to the flash stream directly, we might be able to circumvent the sight being down? Or maybe not.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
The Bungie trailer is really different from what we saw at the conference. Legit space gameplay. It's fucking Halo Star Fox. I'm so pumped.

Halo space fighting for Firefight Bungle????

I LOVED the trailer. Everything looked very detailed, definitely the most graphically impressive Halo to date. It had a much more intimate feel all around. And SPACE COMBAT. OMG YES. As an avid reader of the Halo novels, I've wanted space combat since reading Fall of Reach and now it's happening. I love you Bungie.

Top Bottom