• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lost 06.04: "The Substitute" (dir. Cain; Belushi, Gossett Jr., Dawn Chong)

Status
Not open for further replies.
SEASON: 06
EPISODE: 04
TITLE: The Substitute
AIRDATE: Tuesday, February 16, 2010. 9:00 PM EST.

2i6n91.jpg

"I told him he couldn't hold his breath for twenty minutes and he was like 'DON'T TELL ME WHAT I CAN'T DO.' And, well, look what happened."

“The Substitute” – Locke goes in search of help to further his cause, on “Lost,” TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 16 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

“Lost” stars Naveen Andrews as Sayid, Nestor Carbonell as Richard Alpert, Emilie de Ravin as Claire, Michael Emerson as Ben, Jeff Fahey as Frank Lapidus, Matthew Fox as Jack, Jorge Garcia as Hurley, Josh Holloway as Sawyer, Daniel Dae Kim as Jin, Yunjin Kim as Sun, Ken Leung as Miles, Evangeline Lilly as Kate, Terry O’Quinn as Locke and Zuleikha Robinson as Ilana.

Boy, they're just getting slimmer and slimmer aren't they.

As always, spoiler tag any spoilers AND after the episode is over, spoiler tag any discussion of the previews. Y'all ain't stupit!

But hey, we have a SEASON 6 SPOILER THREAD!

gdt5016 said:
LOST SEASON 6 SPOILER THREAD HERE

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=387371

Now, NO SPOILERS in these threads anymore.

So GO.

gdt

Can't wait!

I'll be rewatching What Kate Does tonight, too.

So yeah, totally spoiler free threads FTMFW!

God dammit it's my 21st birthday, and I'll be at work...luckily I can watch it online at 9 eastern...what I think:
if Sawyer ends up being recruited by Locke I called it

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
BenjaminBirdie said:
Oy! Forgot the all caps on LOST!

SO DISTRACTING!!!!!!

HELP ME, DUCKROLL!

YOU'RE MY ONLY HOPE!

Duckroll won't respond to your pleads. For years now, you've served him. All those posts of instructions and commands, and what do you get in return?
No making LOST threads allowed until the afternoon before an episode airs.
You had to watch your own thread title without caps right in front of your eyes. All of this, for a man you've never even laid eyes on.

Question is, why the hell wouldn't you wanna kill Duckroll....Ben?
I'm not going to kill Duckroll... Ben, you are...

Solo

Costanza said:
I think someone needs to make a separate thread for Canada. They're getting the episode 2 hours early.

Easier solution: let my fellow Canucks (Im watching it at the regular time, so I wont be joining them) post in here w/ spoiler tags if they watch it early, and everyone else can just keep posting in the Ep.3 thread until the episode airs for the rest of us.

Wait, did I just read "season 6" somewhere? WTF? Isn't season 5 the last one?

Edit: wtf, we ARE WATCHING SEASON 6 NOW. I'm our of my mind, nevermind. :lol

Blader

Costanza said:
I think someone needs to make a separate thread for Canada. They're getting the episode 2 hours early.

Alternative solution: duckroll bans all Canadians until 10:00

Is there a running count on just how many eps Locke has been lying in that sand?

Either bury him or bring him back to life writers. Terry O'Quinn will die of heat stroke!

VALIS

Hallelujah, we get a probably awesome Locke episode after yet another mediocre Kate episode.

A lot of grumbling after last week from journos and fans. Lost needs a home run tonight. I think they'll get it. Of course they will. IT'S A LOCKE EPISODE.

gdt

I don't think Canadians need a new thread, just spoiler tag everything before hand.

Though that would be difficult while live blogging (as many are wont to do)...

BAN ALL CANADIANS!

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.

Yaweee

VALIS said:
Hallelujah, we get a probably awesome Locke episode after yet another mediocre Kate episode.

A lot of grumbling after last week from journos and fans. Lost needs a home run tonight. I think they'll get it. Of course they will. IT'S A LOCKE EPISODE.

Locke X gets busted by the feds for helping his friends grow marijuana. IT WAS HIS DESTINY.

Solo

Like I said - Canadian livebloggers can post in here with tags, and the rest of us can keep shitting up the Kate thread with our pre-episode orgasms, and then we can all post in here afterwards (or during, for you liveblogging crazies).

brianjones said:
"substitute my lies for facts"
You think we look pretty good together
You think my shoes are made of leather

But I'm a substitute for another guy
I look pretty tall but my heels are high
The simple things you see are all complicated
I look pretty young, but I'm just back-dated, yeah

Substitute your lies for fact
I can see right through your plastic mac
I look all white, but my dad was black
My fine-looking suit is really made out of sack

I was born with a plastic spoon in my mouth
The north side of my town faced east, and the east was facing south
And now you dare to look me in the eye
Those crocodile tears are what you cry
It's a genuine problem, you won't try
To work it out at all you just pass it by, pass it by

Substitute me for him
Substitute my coke for gin
Substitute you for my mum
At least I'll get my washing done

But I'm a substitute for another guy
I look pretty tall but my heels are high
The simple things you see are all complicated
I look pretty young, but I'm just backdated, yeah

I was born with a plastic spoon in my mouth
The north side of my town faced east, and the east was facing south
And now you dare to look me in the eye
Those crocodile tears are what you cry
It's a genuine problem, you won't try
To work it out at all you just pass it by, pass it by

Substitute me for him
Substitute my coke for gin
Substitute you for my mum
At least I'll get my washing done

Substitute your lies for fact
I can see right through your plastic mac
I look all white, but my dad was black
My fine-looking suit is really made out of sack

They better play this song during it.

Solo

X26 said:
what's this 2hrs early thing, thought CTV wouldn't be showing anything?

Its not CTV (at least in my area) - they are showing Olympics all night long. Its A-Channel.

Brinbe

X26 said:
what's this 2hrs early thing, thought CTV wouldn't be showing anything?
Was wondering what the fuck too, and apparently it's airing early on A-Channel.

*Beaten. Will watch @ 9 though.

DarkWish

I was re-watching some old episodes of the show I noticed something when Ms. Clue was talking to Michael. She asked him if Walt had ever appeared in a place he wasn't supposed to be. I never figured out what she meant and sort of forgot about it, but now that I think about... could it have to do with the smoke monster/MiB? Is she asking if Walt had ever appeared elsewhere (as the smoke monster)? I'm sure GAF has already talked about this but this is the first season I'm watching live so I'm new to these discussion topics.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
6 hours until my complete internet/media blackout. Gotta work in an hour and won't be gettng home until the episode is done with. Gonna immediately get home, load up the episode and enjoy in silence until it's over.

THE RETURN OF THE KING HAS FINALLY ARRIVED!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom