• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita PCH-2000 | Light and Slim. 6 Colors. No More OLED, Instead Cute Penguins

Leynos

LOL. You will go through those screen protectors. Getting one on the Vita is difficult as Hell. Just giving you a heads up. I eventually got a screen protector on my Vita 1000 finally after 10 tries. I just couldn't have any scratches on that OLED screen. I feel like it was worth it.

I got a tempered glass screen protector for my Vita 2000, and it went on perfectly the first time. Always remember to do a test run of how you are going to place the screen saver before removing the backing on the adhesive side. Also, I have had success placing screen protectors on my devices in the bathroom right after I take a shower - the high humidity pulls dust out of the air helping to minimize dust contamination between the screen, and screen protector.

Yaari

I got a tempered glass screen protector for my Vita 2000, and it went on perfectly the first time. Always remember to do a test run of how you are going to place the screen saver before removing the backing on the adhesive side. Also, I have had success placing screen protectors on my devices in the bathroom right after I take a shower - the high humidity pulls dust out of the air helping to minimize dust contamination between the screen, and screen protector.

What's the difference between the regular protector and a tempered glass one?

What's the difference between the regular protector and a tempered glass one?

I got the illumishield for 10 on my slim vita. tempered depends really on where. Tempered essentially that, a tempered glass. Can withstand more damage and survive falls. some are fingerprint proof depending where you get them from

Yaari

I got the illumishield for 10 on my slim vita. tempered depends really on where. Tempered essentially that, a tempered glass. Can withstand more damage and survive falls. some are fingerprint proof depending where you get them from

I see. Fingerprint Proof is something I definitely have to consider then. My Vita 1000 is so nasty with all fingers on it.

Shizuka

I have a 2000 coming in but am not sure if I'll be putting a protector on it this time.

My Vita 2000 should arrive tomorrow.

Ok guys, I bought a PS Vita 2000 along with Wipeout 2048 and so far I'm gIad I bought this handheld.

original_zpsb99137af.gif

Jomjom

Banned
Screen is the same size. Would there be an issue?

Shouldn't be an issue, it doesn't touch the edges of the 2K front piece or anything. It literally covers the screen and a few mm either side.

I just received mine from Amazon for my 2000. I'll let you know how it goes when I put it on later tonight.

Edit: Okay, I put the tempered glass screen protector on, and it was a snap. It did have a rather large air bubble, but I was able to work it out. The protector fits just about perfectly vertically, and extends just a few millimeters on each side horizontally. It is very clear, and I can't see any difference in visual quality. The touch functionality seems to also be unaffected. Overall, I'm very satisfied.

Belated thanks guys! Yeah I ended up getting and it was perfect. Just extends a bit on the left and right exactly like you guys said.

Vita Gaf, I posted my old slim model on the BST thread. comes in a type of bundle. My new Vita comes in tomorrow. if interested check it out.

SharkJAW

I got my White/Blue model a few days ago...and wow. I'd trade the better ergonomics for the OLED any second of any day. The OLED is well built but goddamn if it doesn't feel like a bag of bricks in comparison. I'm playing Lone Survivor on it at night, and its a pretty creepy game. All in all, I'm extremely happy that I upgraded.

Yaari

I got my White/Blue model a few days ago...and wow. I'd trade the better ergonomics for the OLED any second of any day. The OLED is well built but goddamn if it doesn't feel like a bag of bricks in comparison. I'm playing Lone Survivor on it at night, and its a pretty creepy game. All in all, I'm extremely happy that I upgraded.

Mine is still on its way. Can you hold it for long duration without it becoming a nuisance, not sure how else to describe it but that's my issue with the 1000 model. It's alright with the grips I bought for it, still heavy. Bought some cheap ones for the 2000 as well, but rather not have to use them at all.

On a different note I started playing Ys : Memories of Celceta, and wow, that's a really fun game. I'm happy I bought it.

SharkJAW

Mine is still on its way. Can you hold it for long duration without it becoming a nuisance, not sure how else to describe it but that's my issue with the 1000 model. It's alright with the grips I bought for it, still heavy. Bought some cheap ones for the 2000 as well, but rather not have to use them at all.

On a different note I started playing Ys : Memories of Celceta, and wow, that's a really fun game. I'm happy I bought it.
Do you mean where you feel like you have to readjust your hands every so often to feel comfortable again? I haven't run into that issue. Although, I have still yet to play an extended amount of time (been playing 1-3 hour sessions). If anything, the readjustments I'd have to do were nowhere near what I'm used to with the OLED.

The OLED model would even make my pinky and ring fingers numb after awhile. The improved design/weight do absolute wonders for longer play sessions.

Yaari

Do you mean where you feel like you have to readjust your hands every so often to feel comfortable again? I haven't run into that issue. Although, I have still yet to play an extended amount of time (been playing 1-3 hour sessions). If anything, the readjustments I'd have to do were nowhere near what I'm used to with the OLED.

The OLED model would even make my pinky and ring fingers numb after awhile. The improved design/weight do absolute wonders for longer play sessions.

Yeah, that pretty much. I just couldn't hold it for long. 1-3 sessions are perfect, I don't usually play much longer than that anyway.

I really hope I notice the improved face buttons as well. Gah, I'm excited. I can't wait till it gets here.

SharkJAW

Yeah, that pretty much. I just couldn't hold it for long. 1-3 sessions are perfect, I don't usually play much longer than that anyway.

I really hope I notice the improved face buttons as well. Gah, I'm excited. I can't wait till it gets here.
I'm absolutely in love with mine. Enjoy!

true Gek

Thanks to a friend that went in Japan now I have also a white PS Vita 2000 besides the 1000 model. It's so beautiful, the build material are better than i thought and the LCD panel is... good. The OLED is still unbeaten but the image quality is good enough. I have also bought a 32 GB memory card so I can keep both the systems available to play whenever I want!

I've paid the console and the memory around 180€

Here some photos

Shun

I recently got my pink/white 2000 a week ago and I'm really loving the system despite my initial woes about the library and it's worth.

Thankfully my MercuryDuo Vita was given as a gift and I can make up for my misconceptions with all the games I have on it now.

At the moment I have Phantasy Star Nova, Technika Tune, Fate/hollow Ataraxia, Persona 4 Golden, Danganronpa Another Episode, Tales of Innocence R, and Freedom Wars. Too much fun and I can't wait to expand my library.

Does anyone know when the pink/white version came out? Was it the same time the black/red and black/blue versions came out? I don't think it's a MercuryDuo exclusive since I've seen it before the ads came out.

SharkJAW

I recently got my pink/white 2000 a week ago and I'm really loving the system despite my initial woes about the library and it's worth.

Thankfully my MercuryDuo Vita was given as a gift and I can make up for my misconceptions with all the games I have on it now.

At the moment I have Phantasy Star Nova, Technika Tune, Fate/hollow Ataraxia, Persona 4 Golden, Danganronpa Another Episode, Tales of Innocence R, and Freedom Wars. Too much fun and I can't wait to expand my library.

Does anyone know when the pink/white version came out? Was it the same time the black/red and black/blue versions came out? I don't think it's a MercuryDuo exclusive since I've seen it before the ads came out.
I think pink came out on the original Slim launch date, while the others arrived as part of a value pack at some later point in time.

knerl

I'm struggling to decide if I should get a Slim and sell my OLED unit.
The only issue I have with my OLED is the mura effect I get when playing in completely dark environments in games with scenes that are poorly lit. It's not a huge issue, but it still annoys me. Can you fix the mura effect? Are there OLED models without the issue?

I know this has probably been asked a million times before, but I can't google / search for any specific answers, only mentions in threads.

1. Is SuperUfo a good site to buy a Vita from?

2. Does the Japanese Vita 2000 have english settings? I'll be importing to AUS.

Sexy as hell.

B64V_OKCYAAD8mm.jpg

Yeah. Now that I think back on it, I should have gotten this one instead of my Black/Khaki Vita. It's an equally attractive color combination, and that one has the benefit of not showing smudges and fingerprints as much (correct me if I'm wrong, never owned a white handheld).

The Black/Khaki one is impossible to find here in Taipei, though. Very popular color, as I understand it.

I know this has probably been asked a million times before, but I can't google / search for any specific answers, only mentions in threads.

I got a Japanese Vita because I wanted a white one, but everything is in English. I believe it's tied to your PSN account or something. You'll just have to get used to using O to confirm and X to go back in the Vita menus. :p

Sarcasm

1. I heard good things. I bought mine from nippon-yasan though (light pink & white).

2. When you setup you can choose language and your PSN account you log into ties you to the region (you can only have one account on a vita).

3. Have to get use to the O being accept and X as cancel when on main menus, some games will do this but most won't.

Yeah. Now that I think back on it, I should have gotten this one instead of my Black/Khaki Vita. It's an equally attractive color combination, and that one has the benefit of not showing smudges and fingerprints as much (correct me if I'm wrong, never owned a white handheld).

The Black/Khaki one is impossible to find here in Taipei, though. Very popular color, as I understand it.

You can find light pink though ^.^

jzbluz

I used SuperUfo and I got mine pretty fast. I didn't even have to pay any duties so I'm happy.

I got a Japanese Vita because I wanted a white one, but everything is in English. I believe it's tied to your PSN account or something. You'll just have to get used to using O to confirm and X to go back in the Vita menus. :p

1. I heard good things. I bought mine from nippon-yasan though (light pink & white).

2. When you setup you can choose language and your PSN account you log into ties you to the region (you can only have one account on a vita).

3. Have to get use to the O being accept and X as cancel when on main menus, some games will do this but most won't.

You can find light pink though ^.^

I used SuperUfo and I got mine pretty fast. I didn't even have to pay any duties so I'm happy.

Thanks for all the replies, appreciated. I already had an understanding that Japanese Vitas were english / region free, but my obsessive self wanted a quadriple check.

I tried buying a Vita from SuperUfo, but when I was required to create an account, I never received the confirmation email. I just ended it up buying a brand new one on Ebay for $200 AUD, which is relatively similar in price (close enough). I imagine that seller is getting his from an Asian wholesaler and re-selling them.

Rezae

About ready to jump back into the Vita world after going around 5 months without one (screen cracked). Still got my 64 gb card and probably 40+ retail games purchased.

Looks like SuperUFO has the best prices but are currently out of stock of nearly everything other than regular white. Really wanted white and light blue. Any other recommended sellers? I see Play-Asia will cost around $210 shipped, not bad I suppose. Or I could save $30 and just get a regular white from SuperUFO. Choices.... I just know I want something different than black for this go-around.

Yaari

duE99Gq.jpg

My Vita arrived today. Had some screen protector left from my iPhone, but it has a very annoying pit in it that caught some bubble underneath. Very annoying.

Will have to find another one somewhere. Bleh.

ethomaz

Banned
I will buy a Vita... which is the last version? PCH-2006?

For these that have one... White or Black?

Which is the biggest memory card?

batrush

I will buy a Vita... which is the last version? PCH-2006?

For these that have one... White or Black?

Which is the biggest memory card?

I own the white/lime green. It's gorgeous. I would never bother buying a glossy black handheld when a white option is available.

64GB is the largest card available.

Top Bottom