• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita PCH-2000 | Light and Slim. 6 Colors. No More OLED, Instead Cute Penguins

VitaGAF, I present to you my Vita 2000 and my Vita 1000.

Guess which is which lol

So obviously I've stopped using my 2000 and gone back to my 1000 for now, feels like a veil of piss has been lifted from my eyes.

Not looking forward to wrestling with Amazon Germany returns section, but surely if I get another 2000 it won't be this bad.... will it?!
Wow. That's unfortunate. I hope you can get refunded.

Guess which is which lol

So obviously I've stopped using my 2000 and gone back to my 1000 for now, feels like a veil of piss has been lifted from my eyes.

Not looking forward to wrestling with Amazon Germany returns section, but surely if I get another 2000 it won't be this bad.... will it?!

ouch..i really cant do it. I refuse to upgrade. Nah

SiDCrAzY

RTTP and glad to be back. Didn't feel like making another "Just got a Vita" thread. I am excited.

klSyK4A.jpg

Sarcasm

Guess which is which lol

You must have a bad machine. I have had my 2K for over three months imported from Japan and there is 0 tint of any color.

Only issue I have had is some games darks, like black, are actually dark and can't see stuff. Though my eyes don't bleed as often when I use my 2K.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
So is it possible to sell a Vita with the downloaded and installed games on a memory card WITHOUT letting them access my PSN account (i.e. disable auto-login > they cant go online with my account)?

Bittercup

Åesop;153313034 said:
So is it possible to sell a Vita with the downloaded and installed games on a memory card WITHOUT letting them access my PSN account (i.e. disable auto-login > they cant go online with my account)?
Games bought on PSN are tied to your account. You can log out of your account on the Vita, change the password and the games are still playable and the buyer wouldn't be able to use your account.
But then you are essentially selling an offline-only Vita. The buyer can't use their own account as long as the system is still registered to your account which means no multiplayer and no PSN store. For using a different account they would have to factory reset the Vita and format the memory card (or use a different one) but then they can't play your games.

I ordered a White 2000 this morning from Superufo since I've seen the site recommended by a lot of others here.

If anyone reads this that has ordered from there, how long should I expect for my order to process? I'm still at "new order" status. I paid through Paypal about 14 hours ago. I'm a little worried I might not have done the checkout process correctly since it was a bit odd.

Toki767

I ordered a White 2000 this morning from Superufo since I've seen the site recommended by a lot of others here.

If anyone reads this that has ordered from there, how long should I expect for my order to process? I'm still at "new order" status. I paid through Paypal about 14 hours ago. I'm a little worried I might not have done the checkout process correctly since it was a bit odd.

Might take a day or two. I notice they're pretty bad about displaying actual stock info. So sometimes they might not have an item in stock at the moment but expect a shipment soon and all that stuff.

Might take a day or two. I notice they're pretty bad about displaying actual stock info. So sometimes they might not have an item in stock at the moment but expect a shipment soon and all that stuff.

Looks like my order status actually just changed to "Received and to be Processing" right after I posted :p Hopefully I should be all set then.

2000 owners, does anyone have a screen that isn't tinted a bit yellow? I just don't like this new screen, and when the brightness gets forced down to 90% (like on most games) I feel like my screen needs to just be 10% brighter to look right.

In fact that autobrightness shit to save battery life never bothered my much on the OLED but it's having a way bigger impact on my new one. :(

Guess which is which lol

Yikes. Man, that is absolutely not normal at all. Something is wrong with your system. I've never seen a Vita 2000 looks like that.

ouch..i really cant do it. I refuse to upgrade. Nah

That is absolutely abnormal and not at all indicative of the actual Vita 2000 screen.

Shizuka

How many of you Vita-2000 owners got a system with a dead pixel? I just had to send back the one I bought this week because of one I couldn't fix.

SiDCrAzY

How many of you Vita-2000 owners got a system with a dead pixel? I just had to send back the one I bought this week because of one I couldn't fix.

I have a very small one, but I decided to keep it. It's barely noticeable, unless you're staring right at it and its off to a corner, not in the middle of the screen or anything.

Linkark07

Banned
Really, it is hard to enjoy playing on the Vita with a 8gb card. Too much uninstalling. Just ordered a 64gb one through Amazon.

Gotta wait 2 or 3 weeks though.

Really, it is hard to enjoy playing on the Vita with a 8gb card. Too much uninstalling. Just ordered a 64gb one through Amazon.

Gotta wait 2 or 3 weeks though.

Try juggling shit on a 4 GB card like I did for the whole time I've had the Vita until recently.

I stretched my dollar as far as it would go and jumped on a 32 GB card. I know it's not the biggest available size but it feels enormous compared to the 4 GB.

Shizuka

mines is all good.

btw i love how light it is, such a difference compared to my brother's OG vita.

Both of mine have been perfect.

That's good, I'm glad it isn't widespread.

I have a very small one, but I decided to keep it. It's barely noticeable, unless you're staring right at it and its off to a corner, not in the middle of the screen or anything.

Mine was small, but since I just got it, I figured I should just get a new one.

bobawesome

I have multiple. I'm especially ticked off because it was a Christmas gift and I don't have the receipt for it. Hopefully it won't be too much trouble considering it hasn't even been out for a year in the US yet.

This is the third Vita I've had such issues with.

I got one one (2000 model) from cowboom for $89. I think it was "satisfactory" condition but when I got it, it look like it was barely used. No smudges or scratches anywhere and no dead pixels either.

You can get new open box 1000 systems on eBay for under $200. In other news, my 1000 seems to have gotten a stuck pixel. Can't tell if it's a scratch or not. Seems discolored on solid backgrounds. Not visible during gameplay. Still bumming me a bit.

EEC84

Neo Member
Hey Gaf,

So i'm considering getting a PS Vita-2000. I know it comes with 1GB of internal storage, but my question is -do i still need to buy a memory card if i only plan on playing physical copies of games? sorry if this has been asked a million times

Shizuka

Hey Gaf,

So i'm considering getting a PS Vita-2000. I know it comes with 1GB of internal storage, but my question is -do i still need to buy a memory card if i only plan on playing physical copies of games?

Yes. Some games have patches and depending on the amount of games you're planning to get, you'll definitely need one.

EEC84

Neo Member
You're welcome. If you're into getting DLC for your games, I'd suggest going with a 8GB, but if you're short for money, a 4GB will be more than enough.

I'll probably get the Borderlands bundle that comes with a 8GB card. Another question, if i want to play PSone classics on the Vita, do I need a PS3? How do I go about transferring/DL the games on to the Vita?

dracula_x

I'll probably get the Borderlands bundle that comes with a 8GB card. Another question, if i want to play PSone classics on the Vita, do I need a PS3? How do I go about transferring/DL the games on to the Vita?
No,you don't need PS3 for that. You can download PSone games directly to Vita through PlayStation Store.

Shizuka

If I'm not mistaken, indeed there are a couple restricted PSP and PSOne Classics that you'll only be able to play on your Vita if you transfer them from a PS3. Here is the list.

knerl

I've heard that the slim supposedly has better Wifi, but I haven't found any details on the subject. Does anyone have any figures on this?

Thanks

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Still deciding between the black and the white / green import. Any suggestions?
I got a white/green model myself (in addition to my black 1000) and it's absolutely lovely. I think it looks so much nicer than the black 2000 and is a great combo. Not for everyone, of course, but it's beautiful in person.

I've heard that the slim supposedly has better Wifi, but I haven't found any details on the subject. Does anyone have any figures on this?
It is faster AND more reliable for sure. Downloads complete much quicker on the 2000 for me.

Sound is also much louder.

Honestly, everything about the 2000 is much better than the 1000 except for the damn screen. Grrr. A 2000 with an OLED would be PERFECT.

TomShoe

Banned
I got a white/green model myself (in addition to my black 1000) and it's absolutely lovely. I think it looks so much nicer than the black 2000 and is a great combo. Not for everyone, of course, but it's beautiful in person.

It is faster AND more reliable for sure. Downloads complete much quicker on the 2000 for me.

Sound is also much louder.

Honestly, everything about the 2000 is much better than the 1000 except for the damn screen. Grrr. A 2000 with an OLED would be PERFECT.

Lime green/white is the best color, period. I have one.

I wonder if SuperUFO has any sales on their Vitas from time to time.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Is there any problems importing a japanese unit to be used in the US? Button placements or firmware related?

Top Bottom