• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.

e_i

I can't give two fucks about the show but this image

gBw06jx.png

Has me laughing my ass off. Sailor Moon's face is fucking psycho.

"BITCH. I MUST'VE NOT HEARD YOU CAN YOU REPEAT IT?!"

and the other is all

:I

I wonder why Jupiter has a sweat drop on her face.

Narag

I think watching it by itself it looks plenty serviceable, but if I'm watching a full episode of a show, I think it'd be jarring/annoying to see it cut to CG and back. It's different when you've relegated your CG to just mecha or something like that, but it's always been off-putting for me when you're watching a character jump back and forth like that— even if it's just for a transformation sequence.

Behold.

Midonin

I've watched enough Aikatsu/Pretty Rhythm where it's used for the dance sequences (and Love Live, for that matter) that it really doesn't bother me.

I think the first instance of this I can remember goes all the way back to Digimon. Though it was only the leaders there.

mhs004

Behold the greatest thing ever!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vF7bbCInpMw
The Zetman op!

The dancing is amazing as well as the music truly a masterpiece of our time. In the future people will compare this opening credit to the like of Beethoven, Stravinsky, and Tupac. Anime's only purpose in it's existence was to give us this work of art. I now have faith in god because something so beautiful could not be created without some sort of higher power!!!

Soma

I think watching it by itself it looks plenty serviceable, but if I'm watching a full episode of a show, I think it'd be jarring/annoying to see it cut to CG and back. It's different when you've relegated your CG to just mecha or something like that, but it's always been off-putting for me when you're watching a character jump back and forth like that— even if it's just for a transformation sequence.
I dunno I think the art direction, nice usage of color and attempt to be faithful to the original sequence holds up well enough to not seem overly jarring. I don't think it's any better or worse than juxtaposing 2d characters against a 3d world or 3d mech depending on how well they implement it (even GiTS Innocence struggles with this at times).

I mean sure I'd rather it be all completely traditionally animated but yeah. Guess I'll have to see how weird this pans out during the course of the show's airtime. I'd like to be positive for this new series but things keep piling up against its favor. :(

CorvoSol

Dear robot anime, please stop doing the following:

-Making the sniper on the team the cool one so you can kill him off.

-Killing the cool one off right as he admits his feelings for a lady.

Yoko is the only exception to this weird rule and that's because
you kill off the men in her life instead.

Syrinx

Ranma 1/2 2

I like how Ranma's school life is going to be just as crazy as his/her home life now. Akane wiping the floor with all those bitches at the entrance was hilarious to watch. Then she said she deals with that every morning which makes it even crazier, though that makes it a bit easier to understand her character.

Jarmel

Banned
Dear robot anime, please stop doing the following:

-Making the sniper on the team the cool one so you can kill him off.

-Killing the cool one off right as he admits his feelings for a lady.

Yoko is the only exception to this weird rule and that's because
you kill off the men in her life instead.

I would say it's because snipers are viewed in shows as being the dispensable ones on a team and their fight styles aren't 'interesting'. I can't think of a single show where the sniper was the main character. There was that one real life movie though, something about being framed for assassinating the President or some other nonsense.

Narag

I would say it's because snipers are viewed in shows as being the dispensable ones on a team and their fight styles aren't 'interesting'. I can't think of a single show where the sniper was the main character. There was that one real life movie though, something about being framed for assassinating the President or some other nonsense.

Golgo 13 count or does the expanded assassin role disqualify him?

Narag

I haven't seen the show. Is he primarily a sniper or snipes occasionally?

Impossible shots are kinda his thing. One ep has him killing someone through a mail slot while the mailman is delivering mail.

Thinking back to the eps I have seen as I haven't finished it yet, there was two sniper duels, another instance where he
snipes a violin string to ruin someone's career
, another where he kills a hijacker with a long distance shot that should be impossible, etc.

Also this from the first movie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXtJUyHFSag

IIRC he's not necessarily the most interesting character in these, usually existing as the disruptive force in other people's stories.

Mr.Jeff

I really enjoyed the last Golgo TV series. Most of it was trash since Golgo always wins but the sheer ridiculousness of some of the snipes is pretty amazing.
Bouncing a sniper bullet off a wave to get into an unreachable location. What.

Narag

I really enjoyed the last Golgo TV series. Most of it was trash since Golgo always wins but the sheer ridiculousness of some of the snipes is pretty amazing.
Bouncing a sniper bullet off a wave to get into an unreachable location. What.

I think the most outlandish one I saw was the one with him just sitting in an interrogation room while his laywer laywers his way to freedom lol

Mr.Jeff

I think the most outlandish one I saw was the one with him just sitting in an interrogation room while his laywer laywers his way to freedom lol
I quite liked those episodes! Mainly because it was kind of a mystery episode: you knew he killed someone but not how he did it!

He's primarily a sniper, though he's also supernaturally good with a handgun, and is fantastic in bed.

At any rate, an amazing penis.
Lest this be misquoted: context

Narag

I quite liked those episodes! Mainly because it was kind of a mystery episode: you knew he killed someone but not how he did it!

Yeah I liked that one where he lost the shell casing and let the cops investigate their way into a corner. Second ep or somewhere thereabouts.

Black Bullet 13: End: Series Review

RqQcLcc.jpg

I don't even have words. I can't believe I'm saying this but the hilariously bad writing managed to jump the shark and turn just bad. And ruined the whole series, which was already lolbad but now just bad.

6/10 Woofs.

No arguments. You were trying to be grimdark with that "I AM THE ONE WHO KNOCKS" but my god. It was one cliche too many.

TUSR

Banned
One Week Friends 12 - Finale

Finally got around to finishing this show. The final episode was great, the setting and atmosphere were a perfect way to end this.

This show some how managed to hit feels some way or another every week.

Edit: Needed more Shougo and Saki

edit2: What was with the diary at the end?

No joke I don't think I've been as laughably uncomfortable with an avatar since that christmass one by Theonik. And TUSR's isn't even that bad, just hilariously out of context.

To defend myself on the matter, I followed the layout of previous anime OPs and made sure to include all necessary information. I made it fun but kept it straight. It is the second series so the thread will automatically attract those familiar with the show already so they likely have formed an opinion about SAO without reading the OP. Any cheeky digs I've made require knowledge of the show anyway so they'll likely go over the head of most new comers. Also most of the information is written in a positive way.

Also those who stick to the OT likely will be fans of the show. The previous SAO had a jokey OP and that didn't stop it being a place to discuss the show outside of this thread.

If people have a request I could provide them.
No worries , i was just stating my opinion. it wasn't an attack toward your work. i kinda like your work overall.
i understand.

Hayate no Gotoku! 10th anniversary OVA Vol.A

Do you like HnG!, then this is the OVA you been waiting, best narrator is back! YES! FUCKING NORIO WAKAMOTO narrating again. Even Athena shows up...
lol...;____;
The first part was Nagi playing with a
Wakamoto
remote car and Maria owning as always.
And...

...Hinagiku <3
She was too cute in the mirror checking her "new ears".
I was surprised to hear KOTOKO's Hayate no Gotoku playing as the ending song, and impressed that I remembered that it was it, because it's been so long since I watched the first season of HnG!
Norio Wakamoto + Hinagiku made me end this OVA with this face:

This looks very fun , too bad i can't watch for now.

---------
My fellow animegaffers , my time today is near his end.

a local electric relay exploded ( true story ) and as a result the entire island where i'm do not have electric power .. it's been 4 hours already and no signs so far that i'ts get better soon.
No power on my portable relay , no more battery on my computer, but enough juice on my vita and my phone was exhausted after a day of work.

THIS SUCKS

I did manage to view "Nana buried treasure" first episode and it was great but i can provide a detailled impression since i'm going to be out of batteries. i did like the concept and that ghost seems fun.

it just sucks that for tonig

Jarmel

Banned
Black Bullet 13-
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh man, people really don't know when to shut the fuck up do they? Also the
Kisara stuff is so damn 'Japanese'
that I can't help but laugh even harder. Give me "What's in the basement?" drama any day over this tripe. And with that, I'm out.

iHCCsVSIhfoDp.gif

I didn't even have the energy to complain over how close Kirito copy dude was so close in confessing his love to the loli.

I am just drained of energy and complaints and laughter. This show did that to me.

e_i

Looks Sentai's releasing the dubs for Gatchman Crowds this Friday and Watamote next Friday. Can't wait to see who does the twos leads in those shows since they are...uhhhh...unique.

StormKing

Well no obviously because unlike the lead from Mahouka, Golgo ends up sleeping with the women he meets and they're not blood related.

For Tatsuya matchmaking is preferable to maintaining a harem.
He spends all his time guarding Miyuki, and researching. No time for romance.

Looks Sentai's releasing the dubs for Gatchman Crowds this Friday and Watamote next Friday. Can't wait to see who does the twos leads in those shows since they are...uhhhh...unique.

By "unique" you mean "massively disappointing", yeah? Crowds was alright considering I had no expectations going in, but Watamote. Jesus fuck, some most of that series was cringe-worthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom