• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Link Man

Banned
ibizPXkOqPJhz1.jpg

Syrinx

Ranma 1/2 4

Man, Nabiki sure loves to cause trouble and stir the pot. Kumo was funny this episode, particularly when he gave the cute dolly (it was kinda creepy looking, frankly) to Ranma, asking why he should give it to him, and then doing that puppet show with it. He's obviously thick-headed, but at this rate he has to discover what's up. Hell, Ranma and others really aren't even trying that hard to keep it a secret. Now, how Kumo will react when he learns the truth...that's the question.

Midonin

M3 11

Took some time to realize that I had to fiddle around with a few things before I could get Daisuki's new site design working. That scene with Sasame was cute, at least, and I liked Mahm continuing to narrate things. Her storyteller thing has to factor into something later. It's still grays upon grays with a hint of black, but now that I have some idea of the plot's direction, I'm slightly more invested in it.

TUSR

Banned
I was agreeing, and pointing out how the show fails to play up to its strengths.

they also somehow managed
to kill off the best promoter/initiator team aside from Kagetane

what a disappointment, if this doesn't get a S2 who gives a shit

Black Bullet 13

So I assume if this does well enough we'll get a season 2 as there is still plenty of material to adapt from the LN from what I can tell plus that very longer stinger with
Kisara murdering her brother and announcing she's evil that is needed to defeat true evil
just makes this feel like a stop and not a real ending.

All in all a very solid first season that felt a bit condensed at times. sometimes I wish this had been 26 episodes with the same amount of story spread out better. Elements like Kisara's revenge and family plot line didn't feel as well developed as they should have and the first arc alone could have easily been 13 episodes and was condensed into 4 which is crazy.

Still I very much enjoyed Black Bullet despite it's problems. The action was good, the characters were fairly well developed even in their anime/moe tropes, and it kept me coming back for more each week.

TUSR

Banned
Black Bullet 13

So I assume if this does well enough we'll get a season 2 as there is still plenty of material to adapt from the LN from what I can tell plus that very longer stinger with
Kisara murdering her brother and announcing she's evil that is needed to defeat true evil
just makes this feel like a stop and not a real ending.

All in all a very solid first season that felt a bit condensed at times. sometimes I wish this had been 26 episodes with the same amount of story spread out better. Elements like Kisara's revenge and family plot line didn't feel as well developed as they should have and the first arc alone could have easily been 13 episodes and was condensed into 4 which is crazy.

Still I very much enjoyed Black Bullet despite it's problems. The action was good, the characters were fairly well developed even in their anime/moe tropes, and it kept me coming back for more each week.

The first arc could have been half a season or more

Jesus Christ. My friends wanna go to the SAO2 Premier event at Anime Expo. -.- I'm going to be miserable.

no youre going to love it, SAO2 is going to save anime like KLK did.

sonicmj1

Log Horizon 4

Enchanter is broken Thorn Bind Hostage plz nerf. How is the duration of a bind spell equal to its cooldown? What moron designed this game?

There was a lot of recapping of already-known information at the start of this episode. Is that going to be a regular thing? That'd be kind of disappointing if so. I feel like the show doesn't trust me as a viewer sometimes.

I like Shiroe as a strategist so far. His plans to this point have been good MMO tactics, and one particularly strong feat of timing. He's very good at what he does, but he hasn't done anything impossible yet.

The world is really interesting right now, so I'm looking forward to getting to know all the characters better.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
I would say it's because snipers are viewed in shows as being the dispensable ones on a team and their fight styles aren't 'interesting'. I can't think of a single show where the sniper was the main character. There was that one real life movie though, something about being framed for assassinating the President or some other nonsense.

That would be Shooter, staring Mark Wahlberg.

Rhapsody

Banned
I'll go to the AX SAO stuff, but I dunno about the premiere. Unless something else is being handed out during then, I can afford to wait a day.

Jarmel

Banned
I wish I could join you. If you get extra SAO swag, mind sending it to me? I'll pay.

Send me a PM with your real name attached(or whatever you might want an autograph addressed to), I might be able to get something autographed on Sunday. Definitely no promises though as I'm dead busy throughout the con. There's also something where if you buy a SAO blu-ray or whatever Aniplex is hustling, you can possibly get an autograph but that's to your discretion whether you want me to try (which again, no guarantees). My schedule is dead busy as it is, but I might get lucky and have some sort of window but don't get your hopes up.

I'm going to be literally sick as fuck next week. :(

That would be Shooter, staring Mark Wahlberg.

I enjoyed it much more than I should have.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Send me a PM with your real name attached(or whatever you might want an autograph addressed to), I might be able to get something autographed on Sunday. Definitely no promises though as I'm dead busy throughout the con. There's also something where if you buy a SAO blu-ray or whatever Aniplex is hustling, you can possibly get an autograph but that's to your discretion whether you want me to try (which again, no guarantees).

I'm going to be literally sick as fuck next week. :(

I'll send you a PM. I don't really want anything huge lol. Just some nice trinkets! Maybe like an awesome poster hahaha.

EDIT: I'm wondering how many episodes they need to cover GGO.... Mother's Rosario isn't really that long so...

Rhapsody

Banned
I'll send you a PM. I don't really want anything huge lol. Just some nice trinkets! Maybe like an awesome poster hahaha.

EDIT: I'm wondering how many episodes they need to cover GGO.... Mother's Rosario isn't really that long so...

I just don't know how they'll do it. Mother's Rosario would be a really weird end for season 2.

Way back I was expecting 1 cour for GGO and an OVA for Mother's Rosario.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I just don't know how they'll do it. Mother's Rosario would be a really weird end for season 2.

Way back I was expecting 1 cour for GGO and an OVA for Mother's Rosario.

I think they might actually have filler content. Or they already planned season 3. Meaning we might see the beginning of Alicization.

Also @jarmel, maybe you can get me this beauty?! lol.

Black Bullet 13 END

Well the plan to sabotage Rentaro was completely pointless. I'm not even sure why they ended the last episode like that. Of course the bomb fails to go off so someone has to go sacrifice them self to set it off.

Kisara's thing came out of no where and the whole scene seemed off. That guy's death or how he died was ridiculous.

It then ends with Rentaro sobbing into Enju's lap. Their relationship is still a puzzle to me. Does he actually love her or see her more as family?

Overall I give the series 6/10. The action is decent enough but the story is not very engaging and some of the writing is a bit weird.

Syrinx

Ranma 1/2 5

Ranma was really being a jerk to Akane there. He was clearly trying to provoke her. Can't blame her for making a mess out of him like that.

So Akane loves the doctor, and he's in love with Kasumi. Kuno is in love with both Akane and female Ranma. And Ranma and Akane are engaged even though they don't wanna. We've got quite the web going here already.

TUSR

Banned
Ranma 1/2 5

Ranma was really being a jerk to Akane there. He was clearly trying to provoke her. Can't blame her for making a mess out of him like that.

So Akane loves the doctor, and he's in love with Kasumi. Kuno is in love with both Akane and female Ranma. And Ranma and Akane are engaged even though they don't wanna. We've got quite the web going here already.

dude wait until I get my BR copies of ranma so we can have meaningful discussions about it

no youre going to love it, SAO2 is going to save anime like KLK did.

SAO2 will show the world the truth. KLK was merely a stepping stone to all things right with anime.

After waiting 4 hours to play Smash 4 during the Best Buy event, I dunno if I can do something like that again lol

I feel your pain yo. But I love the abuse.

Thankfully I think my friends would rather have dinner during that time.

I don't think I have ever not been hungry while at AX. We eat like a meal a day and never leave the expo till it closes. Exhausting stuff.

Tenumi

Banned
Looks Sentai's releasing the dubs for Gatchman Crowds this Friday and Watamote next Friday. Can't wait to see who does the twos leads in those shows since they are...uhhhh...unique.

I'm voicing the lead for Watamote, as most people know I'd be the perfect fit.

I wish :(

docbon

Black Bullet 13 END
It then ends with Rentaro sobbing into Enju's lap. Their relationship is still a puzzle to me. Does he actually love her or see her more as family?

As dumb as this anime's been, I never really got the impression that it was anything other than a familial bond on his part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom