• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official 360 Thread - Gamertag Roundup

Good games tonight guys. Look forward to the next one... and to those not on my team in the first game, watch out for spies!... from your team... in your intelligence room........... disguised as enemy engineers.................................................. what? That kid was like 5 years old...

joeposh

crisseattle said:
Good games tonight guys. Look forward to the next one... and to those not on my team in the first game, watch out for spies!... from your team... in your intelligence room........... disguised as enemy engineers.................................................. what? That kid was like 5 years old...

Hahaha we definitely ran short on Gaffers this time. That kid was cracking me up. He also built a sentry gun... right next to another sentry gun and at one point repeatedly asked if he was "all engineer?" If anyone can translate that, you win a cookie!*

*Note: there are no cookies :(

Hey guys, sorry I couldn't make it last night, but it sounds like you had a good time anyway. I guess we'll take a break next week because of Turkey day, but we'll get another TF2 night in late November. I'll try and dig up a few folks off of my friends list next time, so we'll have a full contingent.

striKeVillain! said:
Just got the game over the weekend but wtf is up with TF2? The lag and constant disconnects are horrendous.

Yeah Valve has released a few updates but it hasn't been completely fixed yet. Some games are laggy, and when they are, they're unplayable. Just find a room that isn't and stick with it. I might play some TF2 today myself.

So how about our Thursday night GAF TF2 game? I missed the last few but I'm on vacation at home and there's not a chance I'll miss this one. Who's in?

Hammer

ToyMachine228 said:
So how about our Thursday night GAF TF2 game? I missed the last few but I'm on vacation at home and there's not a chance I'll miss this one. Who's in?

I believe suspended for the holiday. I'm hoping we'll be back at it next week though.

I say there's no harm in getting a slight game going on Thursday. I'm in if anyone wants to meet up for a 6 on 6. Come on, its not like you have families anyway.

I played a game today with a 12 year old autistic kid... his 15 year old brother with Tourettes Syndrome (no joke) was in the background SCREAMING bloody bloody murder... so then squeeky mcprepubescent starts screaming back at him to shutup, and they start fighting. the kid keeps coming back, crying, going totally nuts. I'd never heard such a spectacle on XBL, and I'm a richer person for the experience. It culminated in me and another dude (Tarranasaurous, in case you're curious) in the kid coming back after being bitten by his brother and screaming "KILL ME NOW!"

Further proof the TF2 is the best game ever...

After a week on hiatus for turkey, we're back for some more TF2 this week. Anyone up for it?

GAF TF2 Game - Thursday 11/29 - 7:30PT/10:30ET

Be sure to post your gamertag if you want in.

Players:
Cornballer (?)
Hammer0982
Decamus
ianswoody
br3akabone
SpudxBud
Speschal K (?)
Akujin Alastor
KLindblogger
joeposh
halfemptyfilms
threelittlebops

Hammer

Count me in!

Hammer0982

Hope everyone's holiday was as enjoyable and stress-free as mine! :D
Now back to the turrets!

Speschal K | Speschal K | -5 GMT

Might join on Thursday, but I'm on really crappy DSL right now. Is there any way to check your ping/lag in the 360 version?

Hammer

Speschal K said:
Speschal K | Speschal K | -5 GMT

Might join on Thursday, but I'm on really crappy DSL right now. Is there any way to check your ping/lag in the 360 version?

I'm no where near my 360 right now, so bear with me. If my memory serves me half as well as I would like to think it does, there is a feature tucked away in the XB Dashboard that allows you to check your connection speeds (I'm visualizing the blade furthest to the right.) As far as ping goes, however, that would depend on locations of both you and the host. We usually have the same couple people hosting, as they generally have a good connection for everyone.

All right, this is what I've got at the moment. Anyone interested in hosting? I'm not 100% sure I can make it, but I'll see what I can do.

GAF TF2 Game - Thursday 11/29 - 7:30PT/10:30ET

Players:
Cornballer (?)
Hammer0982
Decamus
ianswoody
br3akabone
SpudxBud
Speschal K
Akujin Alastor
KLindblogger
joeposh
halfemptyfilms
threelittlebops

Hammer

Well, it's that that time again, folks. Do we already have a host? Seems my Orange Box friends list is all over the place at the moment.

On the off chance we don't have one yet, anyone on a stable enough connection?

Edit: I'll give it another couple minutes, then send out invites on my sub-par time warner cable connection.

Thermite

joeposh said:
so umm.. where is everyone?

I'm sitting here in the TF2 main menu, talking on phone with someone, waiting to get invited to a game. :p

Can anybody host? I totally would, but my internet connection can't handle hosting a lag-free game.

Hammer

Who waiting without an invite? Post GT please.

We'll try this host, then change it up if need be. Host: threelittlebops

Hammer

I really cant understand a word anyones saying yet. Well, maybe one word out of 4, but not enough to know what anyones saying. So..

Once everyone is in I say we give it a whirl. We can always have someone else try to host if need be.

This has all probably been stated in the room in the last 2 min, but I just hear muffles.

I'm out guys, thanks for the fun. Was trying to talk, but either my connection sucked or my mic is broke. Enjoy the rest of the evening

Hammer

Sorry I had to cut mid game there, but that was getting to be a really long game. :lol Great fights though. Anyways, a spot just opened up if anyone was waiting.

ianswoody

Solid session tonight, guys! Great learning experience and some pretty close battles, especially that last one at the Well! We need to do this more often as I'm pretty sure I'm gonna keep this one from Gamefly.

irn

gg everyone... I can try and host next time

8643.png

dunno if that's fast enough or not though

Thermite

Those games really were spectacular tonight; some of the best I've played yet, actually. I look forward to next week's games. :D

besada

Banned
Sorry about missing last night, guys. I was playing PAIN and completely lost track of time while throwing mimes through plate glass windows. Next week, for sure.

joeposh

Thermite said:
Those games really were spectacular tonight; some of the best I've played yet, actually. I look forward to next week's games. :D

Yeah, that last match in the Wells was pretty epic. We held that last point for at least 10 minutes, which I've never seen before, and then swept back the board with some great defense and well positioned scouts.

2Fort was back and forth as well. My personal highlight was setting up a sentry gun on the base floor of the courtyard and watching the frenzy that ensued as a sea of spies tried to off me and zap my setup, a heavy took aim from above while our pyros and demomen ran around lighting up anything in sight. As others have said, it's always a great time. If enough people want to go a round or two on a non-designated night, I'd be glad to join in.

Hi everyone. Just wanted to give you a quick heads up that I'm going to be on vacation for the next two Thursday nights, so I won't be able to organize GAF TF2 nights. If someone can take over the responsibility of compiling the tag list, that'd be awesome. We've got a good thing going, and I'd hate for it to end because I'm not around to organize. Have fun and I'll see y'all in a few weeks.

joeposh

Cornballer said:
Hi everyone. Just wanted to give you a quick heads up that I'm going to be on vacation for the next two Thursday nights, so I won't be able to organize GAF TF2 nights. If someone can take over the responsibility of compiling the tag list, that'd be awesome. We've got a good thing going, and I'd hate for it to end because I'm not around to organize. Have fun and I'll see y'all in a few weeks.

I'll take the reins for this week if you like. I won't be able to host, but I'm certainly happy to track who wants in.

Top Bottom