• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

True Detective - McConaughey/Harrelson crime series - S2 starts June 21st

Status
Not open for further replies.

odiin

My Apartment, or the 120 Screenings of Salo
Some new pics:

TDwmDyg.jpg

m3IQDdX.jpg

FgKLSmM.jpg

Someone needs to make a browser game called GRITTY CRIME DRAMA OR ROMANTIC COMEDY with this cast as one of the quiz questions.

WorldStar

Banned
just finished season 1

really good, but for some reason it constantly reminded me of twin peaks

which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but now i want to re-watch twin peaks

I ran through the first season this past weekend and it was pretty damn great. Everything from the intro, to the camera work, to McConaughey playing a gritty, nihilist detective just worked so damn perfectly. They also did an amazing job portraying the cultists as fucking crazy. My favorite scene had to be when
Cole and his old biker pals raided the stash house. Everything about it was done so damn well.
. I just wish they fleshed out
the character of ledoux more rather than just kill him after showing this insane scumbag

Idk how season 2 is going to work but I have faith. I felt like i will always remember it as the cult murder mystery.

big ander

I'd love to hear the pr conversations behind that poster. "so we were thinking, instead of releasing a sharp still poster, why not make it a near-motionless animation that looks Blingee-level in image quality? really get people talking"

I'd love to hear the pr conversations behind that poster. "so we were thinking, instead of releasing a sharp still poster, why not make it a near-motionless animation that looks Blingee-level in image quality? really get people talking"
Ha ha, yeah. I wish we had a nice high-res one instead. We'll probably seen one soon enough.

if it makes people look at it for more than a second then they've succeeded. they got you to look at it and to absorb its content. That's what posters are meant to do.

It worked me on, i keep looking at it to see when it loops.

AkuMifune

Banned
That's some grim shit. Makes me feel like we're a bunch of mindless ants living in a drab, concrete world ready to crumble and send us back down to the dark pit from whence we came.

A freeway, Mr. Valiant, is eight lanes of asphalt running uninterrupted from L.A. to Pasadena. Pasadena to Hollywood. Hollywood to Santa Monica. Someday everyone will be in cars driving happily, non-stop from one end of the L.A. Basin to another. People will drive, Mr. Valiant, because they'll have to. And when they drive, they'll have to buy our cars,our tires, our gasoline.

I'm convinced this is a secret remake of Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom