• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

True Detective - McConaughey/Harrelson crime series - S2 starts June 21st

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha, I constantly want to change my avatar. But I think I'm going to keep mine as is, for a while. Walton Goggins for next season of True Detective!

I like Walton Goggins but we're going to need more to match the first season's casting. I'm hoping they bring in more movie stars who don't normally do TV. McConaughey will be hard to top since he's arguably the most consistently compelling leading man in Hollywood right now. I'm still amazed that they got him for this role.

I like Walton Goggins but we're going to need more to match the first season's casting. I'm hoping they bring in more movie stars who don't normally do TV. McConaughey will be hard to top since he's arguably the most consistently compelling leading man in Hollywood right now. I'm still amazed that HBO pulled that off.

In reality, I'd love to see this become more what you said. Walton Goggins got another season of Justified, and he's penning a show for Fox. Different Actors who aren't normally known for dramatic roles would be awesome and refreshing.

Blatantly stolen from 4chan mere moments ago

bGiSzHP.jpg

Pretty neat!

I am from the Beaumont area so I'm wondering if this was actually filmed there....

Burt

Would Brian Cranston for next season just come off as trying too hard? I'm sure he would be great, but he's so completely Walter White in the eyes of most people anymore (particularly when it comes to drama) that I feel like it just wouldn't work.

Wouldn't mind seeing Michael K. Williams as a cop, especially the kind of cop they've portrayed so far.

Viggo Mortensen has done some good dark shit before too, and I haven't seen him doing much lately.

Brolin or Fassbender would kill it, but it'd be hard to see them stepping away from movies to do so.

I'm not just listing off actors that have been in Cormac McCarthy movies, I swear.

And just to prove it,

I would seriously love to see Jonah Hill and C-Tates take a run at it.

Would Brian Cranston for next season just come off as trying too hard? I'm sure he would be great, but he's so completely Walter White in the eyes of most people anymore (particularly when it comes to drama) that I feel like it just wouldn't work.

Wouldn't mind seeing Michael K. Williams as a cop, especially the kind of cop they've portrayed so far.

Viggo Mortensen has done some good dark shit before too, and I haven't seen him doing much lately.

Brolin or Fassbender would kill it, but it'd be hard to see them stepping away from movies to do so.

I'm not just listing off actors that have been in Cormac McCarthy movies, I swear.

And just to prove it,

I would seriously love to see Jonah Hill and C-Tates take a run at it.

No beard + having hair and cranston is a whole new person to me.

I think Cranston should star in a comedy next. He has the chops, and it would be the best way to break the Walter White spell.

Daniel Craig and Hugh Jackman.

Come on, dudes. They've worked together before! They've both done Broadway, and Jackman's done some TV and is always game for it, it seems.

Plus, they'd have that natural goddamn chemistry that is required.

daniel-craig-hugh-jackman-party-vogue-Favim.com-167795.jpg

jackman%20craig.jpg

leisureAB.jpg

Great show but Rust taking leave to go back undercover in another state for however long (days or weeks I can't remember) stretched the limits of my suspension of disbelief.
He to leave to go visit his father (officially). Instead he went undercover. I think we're able to swallow it because it's with a group he knew in his past.

As for season 2 casting I'll reiterate something I said earlier in the thread: let's have one of them be a woman. Cate Blanchett. Anne Hathaway. Someone not necessarily smoking hot but also capable of great dramatic acting.

Solo

Fan casting is always way out to lunch. Not only that, but who says there will be 2 leads again? Or that they will both be men? Or that they will even be detectives? For all we know S2 will track the criminal rather than law enforcement.

EDIT: also, Daniel Craig will be shooting Bond 24 when S2 is filmed.

Fan casting is always way out to lunch. Not only that, but who says there will be 2 leads again? Or that they will both be men? Or that they will even be detectives? For all we know S2 will track the criminal rather than law enforcement.

I have the perfect casting for the plot of the next season: Idris Elba and Idris Elba as two detectives trying to solve a typical run-of-the-mill homicide. But things aren't what they seem to be, and as Idris Elba and Idris Elba dig deeper into the case, they uncover secrets that were...

CoolOff

I have the perfect casting for the plot of the next season: Idris Elba and Idris Elba as two detectives trying to solve a typical run-of-the-mill homicide. But things aren't what they seem to be, and as Idris Elba and Idris Elba dig deeper into the case, they uncover secrets that were...

Does one of them discover that the other one actually is Michael Fassbender?

Socreges

Banned

I think Pizzolotto has already said that it'll be two leads and they'll be detectives.

I'd like to refer you to the show's title.

Pizzolatto says that true detective simply refers to the fact that there will always be a mystery and there will always be someone investigating it. It doesn't have to be a police detective.

We could get:

Reporters
Criminals solving a mystery
Private Detectives
Feds

Etc?

Pizzolatto says that true detective simply refers to the fact that there will always be a mystery and there will always be someone investigating it. It doesn't have to be a police detective.

We could get:

Reporters
Criminals solving a mystery
Private Detectives
Feds

Etc?

Sure but I was responding to "will track the criminal", which made it sound like a season where the focus is on the character whose crime is being investigated. That I don't think is ever going to happen.

Please, unlike McConaughey Jared Leto is barely in the infancy of his artistic redemption. He still has plenty of shitty albums to compensate for before being worthy of the True Detective legacy.

That's right, I'm talking about the legacy of a five weeks old show.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
The camera work in the final minutes of ep 4 were nothing short of amazing.

I'm a huge fan of long takes in movies so when I see them on TV I geek out. This was definitely one of the best takes I've ever seen too, TV or movies, period. I was totally immersed the entire time. For a moment I felt like I was there. God-tier directing.

Round of applause for this shows creators, and particularly the director of this episode. Bravo.

Love this fucking show by the way. <3

Dat hypothetical Craig/Jackman season 2.

Dat tracey morgan/shia labeouf season 2.... *crickets* :p

The camera work in the final minutes of ep 4 were nothing short of amazing.

I'm a huge fan of long takes in movies so when I see them on TV I geek out. This was definitely one of the best takes I've ever seen too, TV or movies, period. I was totally immersed the entire time. For a moment I felt like I was there. God-tier directing.

Round of applause for this shows creators, and particularly the director of this episode. Bravo.

Love this fucking show by the way. <3

God, why must you be so negative. :)

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
You know when the writing/directing in a show/movie is really good when you are totally aware that the central character is going to be ok no matter what happens next and yet you're still tense and fear for the characters safety.

That's art.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
As for season 2 casting I'll reiterate something I said earlier in the thread: let's have one of them be a woman. Cate Blanchett. Anne Hathaway. Someone not necessarily smoking hot but also capable of great dramatic acting.
Cate Blanchett not smokin hot? Now I've heard everything.

You know when the writing/directing in a show/movie is really good when you are totally aware that the central character is going to be ok no matter what happens next and yet you're still tense and fear for the characters safety.

That's art.

I agree, and I actually forgot for a moment that he was going to be okay.

I didn't think there'd be anything to stop me from watching another season of this show, but that pairing probably would do it.

Precisely the reaction I was looking for lol. Oh man, that'd be bad.

I've said this before, but Hugh Laurie would be boss as fuck. He needs something meaty and dramatic.
I always think it's such a shame when good actors who didn't get enough credit don't get another chance to shine. Well Hugh got all the credit for House but still. One of the better actors on television when he was doing it.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
give me an HBO retelling of the Hardy Boys and I'd be down for that.

hell for all we know next season could be about two young boys searching for their mother through a seedy underbelly of their local town.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom