• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Fighting Game Tournament 9 | Fighting Game Tournament | May 24-26

JeTmAn81

So like girls, give, gift etc?

Again, flimsy argument at best. There are numerous exceptions and its not a rule.

Any argument that insinuates the arguer has more authority than the creator of the term is moot. Pronounce it however you want, but the official preferred method is with a soft g. This is a non-issue.

Vice

So like girls, give, gift etc?

Again, flimsy argument at best. There are numerous exceptions and its not a rule.

The general rule for hard 'g' vs soft 'g' is this. If the letter following 'g' is 'i', 'e' or 'y' it's a soft 'g'. Like Gym.

There are lots of exceptions though which results in words like girl.

Haunted

wow he looks fucking salty sitting there

4th place is probably the worst possible outcome for him at this point. :lol

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Any argument that insinuates the arguer has more authority than the creator of the term is moot. Pronounce it however you want, but the official preferred method is with a soft g. This is a non-issue.

But the US government says otherwise. Enzo can say whatever cause he's in Canadia. But if you're in the U S of A you best be pronouncing it with a hard G.

Cause America is hard you heard?

Dahbomb

Not flimsy if you read the bottom half of my post where I talk about rules in the English language.

Your pretty good at essays, you should know how many valid exceptions the language has.
The number of exceptions to rules is exactly why its dumb to latch on to one "team" of pronunciation. That's the point I was making by playing devil's advocate, the argument is flimsy on both ends.

Top Bottom