• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Fighting Game Tournament 9 | Fighting Game Tournament | May 24-26

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Prime hard g i f material from Chris G right there.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Didn't the US government declare that the correct pronunciation is gif with a hard g? I mean do you jif folks pronounce gaf as "jaf""?
The creator says its jif.

Oh and phonetic rules don't apply to acronyms. It's curiously interesting watching people trying to justify that way though. So many misguided souls.

Dahbomb

gym, gender, gymnastics, george, generation, gem, genes, gypsy, ginger, gentle, genre, generate, generation, general, gerbil

pronounce those
Why are you bringing in words that start with ge- and gy-? I guess I should start listing words starting with go-. This is about gi- and gi- flip flops in pronounciation. On one end you have girl, give, gimmick and on the other you have giant, ginger and giraffe. The thing is that GIF is an abbreviation where the g stands for graphics not jraphics.

Case closed.

Dahbomb

The creator says its jif.

Oh and phonetic rules don't apply to acronyms. It's curiously interesting watching people trying to justify that way though. So many misguided souls.
The creator is an English pronunciation expert?

Does he stand on the board for Oxford dictionary?

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I want to start a petition for EvilOre to officially declare the GAF pronunciation to be JAF to see how team jif feels about that.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The creator is an English pronunciation expert?
Must be, at least compared to those arguing otherwise and making up false justifications. The creator gets to choose however he wants his acronym to sound, as there are no imaginary rules on acronym pronunciation. Technically, it's G-I-F because its an acronym, or jif for short.

You will all learn in time. UEONO.

Top Bottom