• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeonZ

Date of Lies said:

Thanks, here's the quote:

Nintendo: Will the single-player of Super Smash Bros. be the same as it was on the GameCube?

Masahiro Sakurai: No, we're going to change it. I think we're going to try and make a single-player mode that people can enjoy a little bit more than perhaps they did on the GameCube.

Shigeru Miyamoto: This is actually something Mr Sakurai and I have had a difference of opinion on since the very first Smash Bros. game. Mr Sakurai always wanted to have a very deep single-player game, and on the N64 version I just said to him, you know, we've got plenty of very deep single-player games, why don't you hurry up and just focus on multiplayer and don't worry about the single-player. And Mr Sakurai said no, no, no, I want to have some kind of single-player in there so I just said well, make it really short so we can focus on multiplayer and get the game done. And we kind of did a little bit of that on the GameCube, but a bit more single-player than that. This time we're getting a lot of time to focus on Smash Bros., plenty of time to develop it, so people can expect a very robust single-player game.

Chumly

A Link to the Snitch said:
I wouldn't mind seeing a new "Break the Targets"/"Board the Platforms". But what could it be?

My first idea was a pinball kind of thing.

I would also love to see a return of the following from Melee

1. "Break the Targets"

2. "Board the Platforms"

3. "Homerun Challenge"

4. The event style challenges.

If they force the same melee moves into the platforming section it will suck and be completely unfun to play for half the characters. Hopefully they realize that though.

Chumly

A Link to the Snitch said:
Actually, Board the Platforms wasn't in Melee.

Yea glancing over your post made me remember it and think it was from Melee so I guess im just dumb but ive always enjoyed those challanges from both SSB and SSBM.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player

Jiggy

Raging Spaniard said:
Anybody that thinks Sakurai wont be able to do a FANTASTIC 2-D platformer needs to check his resume. Granted the one in Melee sucked, but thats because it was an obvious afterthought.

Subspace wont have anything to envy to gems like Kirby's Adventure/Superstar by the time theyre done (which must be right about now, since theyre most probably in beta, art locked and in full testing mode to tweak balancing issues)
Whoa now, hold on. Kirby Super Star is too far above Adventure to get slashed beside it. :D

Not that Adventure isn't great too, though. And I do agree with your overall point. Sakurai's entirely capable of putting out something great.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Jiggy37 said:
Whoa now, hold on. Kirby Super Star is too far above Adventure to get slashed beside it. :D

Not that Adventure isn't great too, though. And I do agree with your overall point. Sakurai's entirely capable of putting out something great.

If it wasnt for the myriad of innovations and staples that Adveture brought to the table, SuperStar wouldnt even have been conceived. Starting with eating enemies to gain their powers and Meta Knight.

Dont get me wrong though, the latter is definitely a showpiece of Sakurai's skill, with many of the ideas in that game visible in smash bros (possible origin for Master Hand, the shields are similar, the arena resembles All Star Mode...). but Adventure really brought it up a TON from DreamLand (which is probably my favorite GameBoy game)

ohamsie

I predict how to play: Dual Wielding.

snakeweapons.jpg

Chumly

I was just looking it seems that the only things that havent been "updated" on the site that we already know from movies is now the Mario Kart stage and the Snake stage. So pretty much from here on out we will be getting updates that we didnt know existed.

Chumly said:
I was just looking it seems that the only things that havent been "updated" on the site that we already know from movies is now the Mario Kart stage and the Snake stage. So pretty much from here on out we will be getting updates that we didnt know existed.
And Kirby Final Smash.

Haunted

Chumly said:
Kirby's final smash.

edit: Alberto!
emot-argh.gif

Firestorm

And crawling. If anybody calls it "crouch-walking" I'll slap them. I remember hearing some idiots talking about that and it was just plain wtf.

Jiggy

Raging Spaniard said:
If it wasnt for the myriad of innovations and staples that Adveture brought to the table, SuperStar wouldnt even have been conceived. Starting with eating enemies to gain their powers and Meta Knight.

Dont get me wrong though, the latter is definitely a showpiece of Sakurai's skill, with many of the ideas in that game visible in smash bros (possible origin for Master Hand, the shields are similar, the arena resembles All Star Mode...). but Adventure really brought it up a TON from DreamLand (which is probably my favorite GameBoy game)
Yeah, Adventure was a huge step up. I do recognize that. :D I just think that Superstar is to Adventure as Adventure was to Dreamland.

But yeah, KSS brought so many great features to Smash Bros. The general control scheme, the Suplex power, the idea of collecting Nintendo items in the Great Cave Offensive...

Chumly said:
Also Kirby's
Wario's
final smash.

ant1532

Banned
Firestorm said:
Or "How to: Stomping 1532 ants"

^_^
:lol

Oh yeah, and for those that don't know, my name doesn't refer to the insect but my name, Anthony, nickname Ant. I always have a feeling everyone thinks it is about the bug though lol.The numbers are just lucky numbers(Vince Carter and Terrel Davis' old numbers actually) I kinda stopped using ant1532, and now I use Antpod

Jiggy

If you were named Antpod, I'd be even more likely to think it was based on the bug than I already have been since the beginning...

ant1532

Banned
Jiggy37 said:
If you were named Antpod, I'd be even more likely to think it was based on the bug than I already have been since the beginning...
:lol

That's what I thought too but I just like the way it sounds for some reason. Ah well.

Haunted

I'm still predicting Peach's or Snake's final smash.

ShockingAlberto said:
http://www.alternateversion.com/home/uploads/Comics/Batman_panel_-_Robin_what_have_I_done_to_you.jpg
Oh, that rascal Batman.

MercuryLS

Banned
This game is shaping up to be unbelieveably awesome. The only thing that could make it better is Lil' Mac as one of the main fighters.

My hats off at Sakurai for getting online in SSBB, I didn't think they'd do it but they did. And with that one move I'll be keeping the Wii.

SantaC

Kulock said:
I'm not saying it's going to be fantastic tonight specifically, but wasn't Pokémon Trainer revealed on a Monday?

yes it did I think, but last week was so much good stuff, plus that is was TGS.

Jiggy

Awesome Monday updates of the past:

July 2nd - Assist trophies + Samurai Goroh
August 13th - Pokemon Trainer + Pokemon Change
September 3rd - Pit's Descent movie

Other Monday updates:
Pit's moves, Yoshi's Story music, Fox profile, Link's final smash, Zelda profile, Combos, Star Fox music, Rumble Falls stage, Donkey Kong's final smash, Smoke Ball item, Link's moves, Superspicy Curry item, Munchlax from a Poke Ball, Golden Hammer item

Firestorm

It looks like the issue with Smash Bros. Brawl as the cover story will be the first issue of Nintendo Power in the hands of Future. Damn. I was hoping it would be the NP Krew who did it =( I mean, at least NP did an article covering SmashBoards and the tournament scene... Although they had the completely stupid C-Stick argument in there and called caping cheap.

Jiggy

Firestorm said:
It looks like the issue with Smash Bros. Brawl as the cover story will be the first issue of Nintendo Power in the hands of Future. Damn. I was hoping it would be the NP Krew who did it =( I mean, at least NP did an article covering SmashBoards and the tournament scene... Although they had the completely stupid C-Stick argument in there and called caping cheap.
Caping? Please tell me that's code for something I don't know, instead of "using Mario's cape."

Linkhero1 said:
I predict Ice Climber final smash.
But now I'll have to share the glory if that's the update. :( Okay, fine. I add to my prediction. :D
Not only will it be the Ice Climbers final smash, but when it comes, it'll be left completely ambiguous how the final smash would be different if Popo or Nana is knocked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom