• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Design your own LittleBigPlanet character contest. m0dus get in here!

all this design remind me of munny, but we need more original design, the parody of popular character has very little change to make it into the game imo. at the most, we may get several Sony's own IP in it like we see from Killzone.

so far, I like the sackbot with jetpack and the one with the cuddle switch, I also like the creepy one inside bunny suit. oh and the biker one with jacket is great.

also, I found it disturbing that all the design thrown in this thread is mostly a more creepy, scary, edgy, dark side of sackboy. it's amusing, but not exactly what I'd call charming and cute like most of MM's own design. somehow every sackboy they design turn out cute. even the supposedly evil Helghast looks cute

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Yeah, my non-licsening fee needed entry was a Sack Monkey. Pretty lame. I just wanted to know if anybody knows how to color and if they had any tips. This is fun to me, even if I can't submit any more entries.

Darkpen

Banned
Callibretto said:
all this design remind me of munny, but we need more original design, the parody of popular character has very little change to make it into the game imo. at the most, we may get several Sony's own IP in it like we see from Killzone.

so far, I like the sackbot with jetpack and the one with the cuddle switch, I also like the creepy one inside bunny suit. oh and the biker one with jacket is great.

also, I found it disturbing that all the design thrown in this thread is mostly a more creepy, scary, edgy, dark side of sackboy. it's amusing, but not exactly what I'd call charming and cute like most of MM's own design. somehow every sackboy they design turn out cute. even the supposedly evil Helghast looks cute
I had the same thoughts the moment I saw someone's Old Snake entry.

Ugh.

I'm trying to think of something original, but nothing's coming to mind :(

le.phat

34rg6jo.jpg

work in progress

updated :)

Mdk7

le.phat said:
dont make me beg, gaf ;(
It's cool dude, go for it!
I'd do something to his legs though, add some funky pants maybe, don't know...

And kudos for the coloring, i wish i could do something like that....
I got an idea on my mind but i'll never be able to do it properly!

I've just noticed somebody on my friends list playing Littlebigplanet....BETA!!!

Sorry, didn't know where else to post this...

LBP_beta.jpg

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
DJmizuhara said:
I've just noticed somebody on my friends list playing Littlebigplanet....BETA!!!

Sorry, didn't know where else to post this...

LBP_beta.jpg

:eek:

msg to MM - add psn id: gofreak to the beta! pls pls pls pls pls!!!!! :eek:

OatmealMu

Just got this E-mail.

Dear LittleBigPlanet entrants,

Thank you all very much for your entries. We're really pleased to see that people have been so keen about this competition, and generated such a high calibre of inventive and fun designs.

Therefore it is with regret that I am to inform you that there has been a change in the circumstances of the competition beyond Don't Panic's control. We are no longer able to offer to include the winning character design in the retail version of LittleBigPlanet. We have been in discussions to try to find a solution or way around this, but legal reasons behind this withdrawal have proved insurmountable.

We know a lot of you were excited about this opportunity and we are currently working very hard to come up with an equally appealing substitute prize. We will be letting you know about this shortly.

Apologies again,

Don't Panic
03/07/08

Snipes424

I am pretty amazed how talented some these guys are, I am sure that one of you will win. I also think that Jiggle's creation in motion would look REALLY cool.

Keep up the good work.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Jeez this is just the tip of the iceberg. I love the fact that gaf is so damn talented in this respect. There is going to be so much to look forward to see from you guys when this releases.

Rorschach

Guess I procrastinated too much. Finally got some time and put something out real quick, but it seems my idea was already implemented (although differently). No votes. :(

I should have looked at the entries before submitting and then just submitted my second idea.

Top Bottom