• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Archer: Dreamland - Now Archer's Really a Dick - Season 8 |OT| Wednesdays on FXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duxxy3

Have to admit that Archer has gone down hill ever seen they rolled out the ISIS sign. It's not bad. It's just a bit jumbled now.

I really loved the last couple of seasons after the disappointing Vice season, but I'm really getting major vibes from the latter with this episode.

I hope it gets better.

I liked the episode but I didn't really laugh much. It was nice to see the old characters interacting in a new setting like this.

I don't think that will be enough to carry a season of this, though.

dLMN8R

What rubbed me the wrong way about this first episode is that nothing really....happened. It just seemed like a whole lot of setup and incidental conversations instead of any of the characters having much agency to push things forward in any particular direction.

vypek

What rubbed me the wrong way about this first episode is that nothing really....happened. It just seemed like a whole lot of setup and incidental conversations instead of any of the characters having much agency to push things forward in any particular direction.

It should have probably had a double episode premiere.

Zubz

Banned
Can't wait to see how Cheryl ties into this; seems like she's filling in the sidekick role this season?

vypek

I can't tell if it's the faux-Italian accent, the fact we haven't seen him since Season 2, or just a new actor.

The credits still have Jeffrey Tambor so I guess its probably the accent and long time since we have seen him.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight's episode.

First, the name of the maid. HA.

Second, Kreiger and Barry should be interesting.

Third, "WE JUST FUCKED," lmao.

I really enjoyed the last episode, way funnier that the last one.

Hey you, me and him? WE JUST FUCKED!
- Easily the highlight of the episode, lmao.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
While Cheryl made this episode better...

...I have to agree with this. It's not hooking me yet. I bought the season, so I'm in all the way, but... eh.

I mean that's fair for sure. My biggest problem so far is that the dialogue seems kind of stilted, like everyone's bored or something. I find it really noticeable with Archer especially, but maybe it's just me. That's another reason why Cheryl was welcome, didn't feel like that with her.

dLMN8R

Archer is at his best when Archer himself has agency to do crazy shit, gets himself stupidly into trouble, and somehow stupid-lucks his way through the whole thing while being a cocky asshole!

But in these two episodes he doesn't have that kind of agency. He's simply being dragged along by events initiated by other people, and he's constantly powerless as these relatively uninteresting things keep happening to him.

Kalor

I got caught up on the first two episodes and I'm enjoying it. It's a different pace but the setting is fun. Hopefully it picks up a bit in the coming episodes.

El Daniel

This is the first time I can ever say an Archer episode was boring. This last episode was extremely boring. Dang.

I have to agree with this. I was pretty positive about the first episode and expected the quality to go up. But this was... not great.

I hate fever dreams/coma bullshit. It takes the characters you know and love and turn them into different people. I don't know these people and frankly, I don't want to get to know them, especially when it's going to return to normal (or what passes for normal in the Archer universe) at the end of the season.

vypek

Excited to find if Ray will have more to do with the season then his new catchphrase "Stop it!"

But I do like what they're doing in those scenes so I don't mind if he doesn't. Just that so far that many characters feel really sidelined.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Cheryl and Pam Poovey continue to be the highlights of the show, and saving grace of this season.

Tonight's show:
I love Lana, I love Aisha Tyler, but that whole syphilis thing...they were going for awkward, they got cringe-worthy.

Cheryl and Pam Poovey continue to be the highlights of the show, and saving grace of this season.

Tonight's show:
I love Lana, I love Aisha Tyler, but that whole syphilis thing...they were going for awkward, they got cringe-worthy.
At least the crowd shots were fitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom