• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd Score Challenge 2

On suggestion from mods, this is being made a unique, temporary thread rather than appended to the OT, as the OT has long been moved to Community.

iJfbQiOU4zNvz.png

Celebrating the conclusion of one of Sega's most extensive DLC rollouts ever, let's celebrate with a little friendly competition!

Play Hello Worker on Extreme difficulty, and PM me a screenshot of the score screen (on Vita, press the PS button and Start at the same time; on PS3, press the PS button, scoot over to the Photos tab on the left, and select Save Screenshot). The highest score that I receive by May 26 at 5:00 PM EDT will be the champion! Do not use any Help items, though Challenge items are acceptable.

The prizes: The top score will receive a promo code for the Song Club! Take home all 16 post-release DLC songs for PS3 and Vita!

CH7fVnC.jpg

The runner up score will receive a code for Valkyria Chronicles for Steam!

oIgYG3q.jpg

(US/Canada only, unfortunately. If you already have the DLC or are unable to redeem it, you are still free to participate but please leave me a note that you cannot claim the prize so it can go to a runner up. The top prize will also be given an option to choose Valkyria Chronicles instead, if they so desire.)​

macklelol

Oh, this should be fun. My score for Hello, Worker on Extreme is pretty good already, so it'll be interesting to see how much better I can do.

Guess I'll have to give this a grind. I believe I already have Perfect, but I haven't really gone for score. I already have the Song Club, but I can always shoot for Valkyria Chronicles!

Took a long break from the game so this will have to do for now. Of course I messed up at the second part of the alternating button pattern. I'll try to improve it later.
I can update my entry until the deadline, right?

I had been running the other score challenges in a sort of fog of war where no one actually showed their real entries publicly until after it was all over, but what do you guys prefer? Should scores stay generally hidden or should scores be public as they happen?

Can I enter with japanese version, just for fun - I'm not from US or Canada)

If you don't mind not being able to receive a prize, I don't see a problem with that. Just make sure I know when you submit a score.

I had been running the other score challenges in a sort of fog of war where no one actually showed their real entries publicly until after it was all over, but what do you guys prefer? Should scores stay generally hidden or should scores be public as they happen?
This thread would be pretty slow and quiet if people didn't post updated scores, no? That's less of a problem in the OT I guess. I don't mind either way, both have their advantages.

Producer

Should be public imo. Should be more fun that way.

macklelol

I'm okay with either option. Though publicly displaying scores might just make people withhold submitting their own scores until the end.

For a second there I thought Japanese game naming just even got weirder.

Hatsune Miku : Project DIVA F 2nd Score Challenge 2! Coming to VITA this fall.

Zambayoshi

Welp, here's mine :)

tnxMHAE.jpg

Here's another honourable mention ;-)

qW6brKd.jpg

I should add, I'm not playing for the prize - just for fun!

Zambayoshi

Finally!

I probably had at least half a dozen 1-safe attempts, including a couple absolute heartbreakers where I lost the chain in the final 5 notes.

I know :) Second technical zone usually gets me, or the sequence with the circle-triangle-square-cross...etc near the end (that last arrow triangle!)

Deeeeefinitely didn't set the bar high enough lol

So sharing scores is going to be fine, but still send me a PM with your score since that's way easier for me to keep things straight with.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'll have to attempt this tomorrow or Sunday since I'm not home & don't have my Vita, but might give this a shot.

Do Challenge Items help with the score, or just increase Diva Points? Edit: Ah, just Diva Points. Phew.

cj_iwakura

Deeeeefinitely didn't set the bar high enough lol

So sharing scores is going to be fine, but still send me a PM with your score since that's way easier for me to keep things straight with.

You don't want to make it too hard, it'll alienate less skilled players.

Or if you pick something insane, have a lower difficulty option too?

macklelol

The macklelol of one year ago was ready for this score challenge:

...I can just barely get within 5000 points of that score now lol

And I'm probably not gonna be playing for prizes, so you can disregard my score if you were after them.

pariah164

So I just played Hello Worker on Extreme, forgetting that the last time I played it, I did Hard.

odyS1uI.gif

Just imagine that PC is my Vita.

The macklelol of one year ago was ready for this score challenge:

...I can just barely get within 5000 points of that score now lol

And I'm probably not gonna be playing for prizes, so you can disregard my score if you were after them.

I know I have no real way to enforce this, but I prefer scores that were obtained after this challenge began. I'm just going to trust entrants not to send in scores from prior to the start of the contest. Thanks!

macklelol

I know I have no real way to enforce this, but I prefer scores that were obtained after this challenge began. I'm just going to trust entrants not to send in scores from prior to the start of the contest. Thanks!
It's no problem, I'm almost back up to that score anyways.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Welp, guess I'll spend today learning the layout of the song. Noticed my last attempt (only tried the song twice) was almost 469,000. Got a loooot of catching up to do based on the scores posted.

Edit: Ah crap, it's that second Technical Zone that screws me up. I'll have about 10ish left but my brain can't keep up. Least I'm now at 481,250, so might be able to break 500k eventually.

Edit 2: 4th attempt. SOOOO close to full combo, but those last four notes in the second Technical Zone just screw me up. Least I'm now at 513k+.

Edit 3: Figured out how to get that one part of TZ that was screwing me up. Not submitting yet, but now my score is 525k with ONE safe & 71 goods.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Sorry for the double post, but I think I did the best that I could. If for some reason I score second place & the winner decides to take the song pack, I would like to pass the Valkyria Chronicles code to the 3rd place winner, as I already own the game on PS3.

First time doing one of these, looking forward to it!

Pretty happy with this for day 1, but there's a lot of parts I feel I'm still shaky on.
So uh, your score gave me the motivation to get better and keep retrying. I finally did well enough to beat your 540,520 with......

2015-05-17-125429_zpslpo1ijl9.jpg

542,290. Holy crap, is my heart beating.

Also, are we allowed to only submit one score, or can we submit again if we somehow do better? Part of me wants to go back to see if I can get it even higher just as a "safety net".

Edit: This score is now old & I wish to discard it for my new, higher score shown here.

Also, are we allowed to only submit one score, or can we submit again if we somehow do better? Part of me wants to go back to see if I can get it even higher just as a "safety net".

You can submit as many times as you like, though I ask you keep submissions to a minimum as it does take more of my time to sort through them.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
You can submit as many times as you like, though I ask you keep submissions to a minimum as it does take more of my time to sort through them.
Understood. If I even get the time/get my patience back, maybe I'll try again this weekend. But I probably would only submit one more time....assuming I'm lucky to even get a better score.

Novocaine

Oh man I didn't even know about the first one. I didn't bring 2nd card to work with me, will post a score later. I love this!

antibolo

Banned
Hey guys, I'm back from my ban. Oh what's this, a new Score Challenge? I've been PD-free for nearly two months now, but I guess it would be fun to make a special exception for this. So what's the s-
Play Hello Worker on Extreme difficulty
<nervous laugh> Hahahahaha. Nope, not even going to bother trying.

But good luck to all participants! I'm looking forward to seeing if anyone can beat you-know-who.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I have been practicing, but the second part always kills me. Will post as soon as I manage a perfect
Honestly, I feel like I don't mess up as much on the second chorus compared to the first for some reason, though damn if I didn't keep losing my combo & a HUGE chance to boost my score on the final 4 notes of the 2nd Technical Zone, because my brain is still thinking of the previous patterns which are very similar. Always seem to lift up too early from the hold....

I some how got extremely lucky with my submitted score, as I seem to average about 525k on a good run.....but I forgot the game doesn't save while on the results screen & I lost my perfect record on the game because I was busy sending the screenshot to my computer....just glad I was able to save my best score...

macklelol

The intro with all the scratch/link scratch notes is what's been killing me. So many Goods! I don't think I had an attempt where I got all Cools on the intro, yet.

SephLuis

Honestly, I feel like I don't mess up as much on the second chorus compared to the first for some reason, though damn if I didn't keep losing my combo & a HUGE chance to boost my score on the final 4 notes of the 2nd Technical Zone, because my brain is still thinking of the previous patterns which are very similar. Always seem to lift up too early from the hold....

I some how got extremely lucky with my submitted score, as I seem to average about 525k on a good run.....but I forgot the game doesn't save while on the results screen & I lost my perfect record on the game because I was busy sending the screenshot to my computer....just glad I was able to save my best score...

The 2nd Tech Zone is my weak point on this song.
Usually for inputs like those, I would press and hold the first note, and then use the D-Pad for the Arrow notes.

Unfortunatelly for me, this doesn't work on this song (neither on the last one 2D Dimension Fever)

Everytime I try to input manually, I miss the time or kill the next input.

Yeah, the first scratch section and the second technical zone are definitely weird parts. I might just be really bad at it, but it kinda seems like the timing of the notes in the beginning scratch section lags a bit behind the music. As far as the second technical zone goes, I've had much more success treating all inputs as arrows rather than alternating between normal note and arrow inputs.

My worst point right now is probably the Chance Time section, I'm not used to the timing differences in the chorus and because it's Chance Time, the punishment for Fine is greater. Gonna have to work on that!

Top Bottom